Expanded Diplomatic Text (EDT)

Hojsimpson

Prince
The idea is from BenZL43

I liked the idea so I make the thread.

"The goal will be to create as creative, as various and as unique diplomatic texts"

I can't think now of a new diplomatic text.. hmm...
Queen Elizabeth "God save me!"

I would really like to help on this one,
But I would need the original diplomatic texts that the AI use as a comparison. Where can I find it ?

XML folder, Text Folder, somewhere there.

I only found the Brazilian diplo text in beyond the sword>mods>RFC Dawn of Civilization>Assets>XML :O

DoC mainly uses diplo text from the base game, so you will find it in the BtS, Warlords and vanilla folders depending on when the leader was added.

Here is a place to start.

Obviously you will need to do your own work for leaders added to DoC not in Beyond the Sword, but for those that are this will work. You'll also need to merge the CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml with the one in the mod, but if you are very desperate for this the work is annoying, but not anything too radical.

It would be a while before I could do this myself, but I no longer read the text, so it really wouldn't be a priority, especially since when I have free time it will be for EDCNs, not this.

"Your head would look good on the end of a pole"

Let's start from this simple war declaration, shan't we?

For islamic nations: "Die, infidel!" (Too short?)

Okay, since discussing 1 text per text seems ineffective, please suggest whatever text you can come up with, for all civilization for all occasion ^^

This is what we need:
- War Declaration
- Refusing to Talk
- Refusing to Peace
- Capitulation
- Offering a Trade (happy, normal)
- Offering a Trade (Insulted, angry)
- Requesting Help
- Response to Help [sorry, no rose garden...]
- Offering to be a vassal
- Cancelling open borders

Did I miss anything else?

- War Declaration "May God have mercy for you because I won't."
- Refusing to Talk "How about a nice cup of shut up?"
- Offering to Peace "If we don't end war, war will end us." “War is over ... If you want it.”
- Offering to be a vassal "I'd rather live on my knees than die on my feet"
This could be for Mexican or for Spanish. The original quote is atributted to Dolores Ibarruri(spanish) and also atributted to Emiliano Zapata(mexican)
- Cancelling open borders "You shall not pass"

Really dude? :nono:
I was joking, nobody would put such things in a game :lol:

Anyway i did some research on wikiquote and, there's some. (i taked them from the italian wikiquote so, some translations can be different from the english wikiquote)

Response to help (refuse): Who want to rule, must learn to say 'no' (Benito Mussolini)
Refuse to peace: When I see someone at my mercy, there is no reason to don't take advantage of it. (Scrooge McDuck, yes, i'm serious)
Refuse to peace: We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. (Victoria)

Oh hey people! I am currently attempting to make at least 30 different texts (yes, that's a lot) for each particular situation excluding leader-specific situations. They are similar to the original game's text in style. One thing; I am changing any American English I find to British English ('civilization' becomes 'civilisation'), and I replace things such as '!!!' and ' ... ' with '!' and '...' respectively.

I'm not yet done with this, but feel free to use what I have as of now - if there's any interest?

where? ^^

general text that can be used for majority of leaders is good; specific text is only a bonus (if available).

Lorenzo de' Medici quotes:

"How beautiful is youth, that is always slipping away! Whoever wants to be happy, let him be so: of tomorrow there's no knowing." This could be for friendly?

"All citizens must place the common good before the private good." Could be used for offering/accepting a deal.

"What I have dreamed in one hour is worth more than what you have done in four." This could be for annoyed/furious.

Oh hey people! I am currently attempting to make at least 30 different texts (yes, that's a lot) for each particular situation excluding leader-specific situations. They are similar to the original game's text in style. One thing; I am changing any American English I find to British English ('civilization' becomes 'civilisation'), and I replace things such as '!!!' and ' ... ' with '!' and '...' respectively.

I'm not yet done with this, but feel free to use what I have as of now - if there's any interest?

I would advise against changing everything to British English, as the game is called Civilization. There is no reason to make it British. Also, ! looks way too isolated to be a message, whereas !!! at least looks like an angry ellipse.

Top Bottom