Expanded Dynamic Civ Names (EDCNs)

yeah but if AI researched construction after 180 BC, then theyre straight from Zhou to Han, never be a Han empire?

^ I've never seen the AI suck this badly.

But again, I did not run autoruns very extensively since the new Stability mechanism came online.

Anyway, you would need to match Qin Shihuang's accomplishments in one way or another in order to share his dynastic name. It's only fair.

Update:

- Project is now hosted on SourceForge for easy access from China. And because SourceForge is great.

- New Islamic DCN for India: Bahmani Sultanate. Deccan Sultanates is triggered by Renaissance.

- New English DCN: Kingdom of Wessex: Triggered by year

- New Spanish DCN: Kingdom of Leon: Triggered by year

- More general and accurate conditions for Italy to become Papal States.

- Indonesia now has 5 unique dynastic names:
- Sultante of Mataram: triggered by Islam
- Kingdom of Srivijaya, Medang Kingdom: triggered by capital location
- Singhasari Kingdom, Majapahit Empire: triggered by era and expansion

Hey, iOSI, how about adding Somali DCN to Islamic Ethiopia that survive to Medieval era? :D

EDIT: You deleted the project??? WHY?

It's really unfortunate to see you go and deleted this project, iOSI.
I hope this is just a joke and you'll log in again one day and post...
or perhaps comeback again as "long time lurker" or "I'm new here" member.... :)

If you're reading this, but not logged in (it's possible, y'know),
hey, can we continue developing this EDCN so your original goal, to have Leoreth include it in the mod, can be achieved? :D

IOSI has left the community after he's been infracted for flaming.

Deleting his own project is another low but not really unexpected, to be honest.

His ideas were often good, but his attitude towards others was sadly rather hostile.

What's exactly is infraction? I read the FAQ, and read threads containing the word "infraction" but I can't find any satisfying answer. Is infraction = banned, can't log in anymore temporarily?

Well, I don't really like his attitude either, but I always thought of him as a necessary Yin element to counterbalance the many Yang elements in this game development :p
His posting also one of my source of learning new English vocabulary or structures because sometimes his choice of words are so exotic/rare that I find its hard to understand without Google :lol:

The only thing included in this modcomp is the Assets/Texts right?..I have all here and i can upload them..of course the project is dead Without him but with last update..

Leoreth if you can tell me what files are changed to this new dynamic names.. i can upload all..

Guess it's time to post this now before people get too sad.

BenZL43 and I have been exchanging some PMs and we will try to keep this project going. It has a good objective and would be nice to eventually have in the mod. Here is what I need:

1. Current files from somebody using this. I need "DynamicCivs.py" and any file that fits "DynamicNames_[Civilization].xml" THe foormer should be found in Assets\Python and the latter ones in Assets\XML\Text. Preferably after the Indonesia addition but before works also.

2. Support. If you truly want this give a yes vote and some encouraging remark. I do not want to put time into this if it is only going to be used by a few. If I get 7 votes of yes I will do this and with 10 I will give updates more often.

3. Suggestions. I can code for this and that is about it. If I really need a name I will go after it but other than that it will be completely up to you.

Scheduling:

With 7 votes I give an update every fortnight, with 10 every week.

My first update will likely be as soon as possible, which could be a week and could be three, depending on how much time I have and if I get the most recent Indonesia update or not. My Python is a bit rusty after a couple months off.

All updates will be zip folders posted on this thread. The most recent update that I have will also be available on this post or the next.

Leoreth, if you could put a link in the opening post of this thread to this post or the next, it would be much appreciated.

If this falls through for any reason and you would like to continue it, PM me or if that will not be work send an e-mail to the address in an included credits page.

Thank you all.

Ah, man, nice that's you're posting this while I'm still online (it's after midnight now here btw :p)
I will sent you what I promised tomorrow ^^

How about creating a poll? I hope it's possible eventhough we're not the one that open the thread.
And yeah, I hope Leoreth will put a sentences or two directing to this post #233.. :)

The only thing included in this modcomp is the Assets/Texts right?..I have all here and i can upload them..of course the project is dead Without him but with last update..

Leoreth if you can tell me what files are changed to this new dynamic names.. i can upload all..

So do you have the latest file? Nice.. please upload ^^
I think the files that's included in this modcomp is the DynamicCivs.py (Belongs to Assets/Python) and the series of texts (Assets/XML/Text)

Here is where I will be posting my changelog, keeping track of what is to be added in the latest version, and the most recent version. Maybe also some instructions, but who needs those :D?

Wouldn't you be better off making a new thread? Count this as a yes, by the way :)

Top Bottom