Fallschirmjäger (1940)

Wonderblunder

Part Time Monster in the Closet
This is the German Fallschirmjäger Paratrooper wearing the 1940-pattern uniform. The uniform was considerd inferior to Allied Paratroopers' uniforms, due to the single body strap preventing any directional control of the Fallschirmjagers' parachutes.

This can be used as an early paratrooper unit for Germany.
Credits go to kodzi for the back pack (used form GarretSidzaka's fallschirmjäger) and snafusmith for the MP40. Enjoy!

Download Here

Attachments

• Falls-Photo.jpg
    Falls-Photo.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 816
  • Falls_Screens.jpg
    Falls_Screens.jpg
    407.3 KB · Views: 1,029
Thanks this will definitely come in useful.

Are the "Grüne Teufel" come next?

I really wasn't planning on making any more German paratroopers. I was planning on finishing the Leaderhead you asked for and then start on a WWII Japanese paratrooper unit.

Hi is it possible to replace the Fallschirmjäger unit with the paratrooper unit in The Road to War mod? If so, how? I've tried to simply replace the paratrooper files with the Fallschirmjäger ones but it doesn't seem to work. :S

In the Assets/XML/Units folder, the file CIV4UnitInfos.xml has an entry for each unit type with a reference to the ArtDef file: for the
Code:
			<Class>UNITCLASS_WW2_PARATROOPER</Class>
			<Type>UNIT_WW2_PARATROOPER</Type>

you have this:
Code:
<EarlyArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_WW2_PARATROOPER</EarlyArtDefineTag>

In the XML/Art folder, you will find the file CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml with this entry (extract):
Code:
		<UnitArtInfo>
			<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_WW2_PARATROOPER</Type>
			<Button>Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/Para.dds</Button>
			<fScale>0.44</fScale>
			<fInterfaceScale>1.0</fInterfaceScale>
			<bActAsLand>0</bActAsLand>
			<bActAsAir>0</bActAsAir>
			<NIF>Art/Units/Paratrooper2/Paratrooper.nif</NIF>
			<KFM>Art/Units/Paratrooper2/Paratrooper.kfm</KFM>
			<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/Paratrooper2/Paratrooper_FX.nif</SHADERNIF>

The Button (not provided in this download I think), the NIF, KFM and SHADERNIF are paths entries for the corresponding Art files.

So, either you duplicate these files and create a new unit or if you just want to replace the paratrooper art with this new unit, you can edit the ArtDef file of the Paratrooper to point to the location of the art files of the new unit.

I'm talking about the files in the Road to War Mod of course, but the technique is the same for BtS. Make sure you copy the original files before messing with them.

If you plan to do several changes, you might even copy all the files to a mod of your name.

I hate to bump an oldie, especially when the author's AWOL, but am I the only person that can't get this to work? I've tried every combination of NIF and KFM and the best I can manage is the red errorsphere.

Yep, I'm no stranger to Civ4 modding so I did all the usual troubleshoots, but for some reason I just cannot get the model to show up.

I figured it out: the unit is fine, I was using a fancy processor to edit the XML and it wasn't formatting the ä properly. :rolleyes: Sorry for the trouble.

Notepad++ is your friend. It's the only editor you'll ever need.

Top Bottom