Fantasy Buildings

Sorry i've relinked
Those rodents was kind of antyleech system :)

@ Asio
yes :) these will be next but in this time I find useful animation for air node. I need permanent spin but can not find :( I tried it many times over but always is here some error. It is why I very appreciated your radar for this permanent spin...

Good idea with using radars animation :)

Good idea with using radars animation :)

my trying failed :( You made it in max.
I made in blender and here it is not possible :( You can work in max with part of mesh what is by firaxis marked as rotable and second part of same mesh stay fast...
In Blender from it situation I do not export to the Nif because on NifTools.org are not guys "forCiv". Here they worked for oblivion, Morovind etc... :(
Animations work for Civ is out for them...:(

Did you tried dummies?

I don't know blender, but in max basicly it works like you would put for example head to the box. And rotating box would cause rotating of head but body would stay where there was. Of course it's one of the methods of animation.

The operation is well covered in sharicks tutorial for making civ units in max http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=4470352#post4470352 . I just make short how to.
1. You have model
2. I've drawed cube (wich i hide later)
3. I applied Aimation->Skin to the Radar building.
4. In modifiers panel then i select cube as dummy.
5. I select what vertices should be connect to dummy, and what shouldn't. So when i rotate dummy (my cube) i'm sure that whole model won't rotate. Just the part i want to rotate (the top of the building)
6. I'm rotating the cube (dummy) (later after rotating 360 degrees i select loop so the rotating is constant).

I think something similliar should be in blender. I have no idea how to animatei n blender but almost all 3d programs have rigging and animating done in similliar way.

Maybe try nifviewer - you could assign wind model to the ninode with radar model, and the rest outside that ninode. I'm not sure if this will work tough.

BTW You've attached the animation to different models, and why you can't add animation now?

I think something similliar should be in blender. I have no idea how to animatei n blender but almost all 3d programs have rigging and animating done in similliar way.

Yes, nevertheless Max has civ4 exporter animations including.
For Blender I helped tune exporter for correct nif file but for animations guys on NifTools unfortunately have not time... :(

Maybe try nifviewer - you could assign wind model to the ninode with radar model, and the rest outside that ninode. I'm not sure if this will work tough.

I´m working with NifSkope. In some parts is better than NifViewer and in some parts worse...
What you describe I made in NifSkope many times but here is problem with NiTriStripsData. For mesh with animations NifSkope demand identic number vertices and more. Not possible replace into animations

As regards NifViewer: installation failed maybe, simply not work on my mashine...

OK prepare model ready to export and send me the file (.3ds preferably + textures) - I'll animate it for you.

hroch, a considerable number of your buildings got removed by the hacker is there a chance you can upload them again?

Hi, Ploeperpengel. Unfortunately no all from my models I had archived. Write me, please, that of missing model you want and I will searched at home in my CD :)

In particular the elven walls but I can't be sure about it as the pictures are missing as well so it's difficult to decide what could fit and what not.

I have bad message, Ploeperpengel. I founded old semifinished part of tree walls only.

If have somebody downloaded this model, link here, please.
thanks

Say, hrochland, did you ever get that volcano event working (with an erupting volcano ingame)?

Hi, Geo :hatsoff: Fierabras made for me event in the modular form that placed to the game stationar vocano model. Volcano causes surrounding improvements demolish and after stay on the square to the game end.
I pasted it to my mod as no modular with volcano model with smoke and defluent lava.
After I made earthquake and tornado model too, but Fierabras don't mean to make on it more a nobody helped me with other events... :(

Top Bottom