1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Feature] Turkic Civilization

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Apr 8, 2018.

1. LikeNothing

LikeNothing Chieftain

Thank you for the explanation, and I was by no means criticizing. I was content with the old Seljuk mechanism (even found it fun, perhaps as a result of masochism), but then this new Turkic Civ arrived. It's comparable to a product concept by Steve Jobs - I never knew I needed the Turkic Civ until I saw it, but once I saw it I realized I REALLY need it. Except in this case, the increase in utility is 100% real and 0% RDF.

Publicola, 1SDAN and Leoreth like this.
  2. youtien

youtien Lyricist

Brilliant job Leoreth. This Turkic civ filled the gap in central Asia and the vacancy of hordic civilization.

Publicola, 1SDAN and Leoreth like this.
  3. Genghis Khaiser

Genghis Khaiser Prince

It is much, much easier to win the 3000 BC scenario than the 600 AD one.

In the 600 AD, you start and spawn with less units, and the resources in surrounding areas are not improved.

EDIT: I also saw a lack of city names in a lot of their historical tiles. I'd suggest adding Mongolian names if there aren't any.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  4. DC123456789

DC123456789 Deity

Something seems to be up with the Turkish dynamic names - I see their dynamic name as "Sultanate of Turkestan" despite the fact that they've had their core move to Persia, have their capital in Esfahan, and in fact don't control any cities outside of Persia (I think they just had a collapse to core), when they should probably still be using "Great Seljuk Empire" or at least "Seljuk Sultanate" (as they haven't respawned).

(Also, would you prefer that we continue using this thread for Turks-related feedback?)

5. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

It's probably better to use this thread. I think it's their number of cities that determines this name, but you're right that even if they are not an empire Seljuk Sultanate would be a better name.

DC123456789 likes this.
  6. Lokki242

Lokki242 That One Guy

Would you consider adding the Turks to the 1700 AD scenario to replace the independent cities representing the Uzbeks? I think it would make the Iranian game more fun and also be a fun challenge to play as themselves.

7. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Yeah, I might do that later.

Lokki242 likes this.
  8. youtien

youtien Lyricist

I am DEFEATED! 3000 BC regent/normal.

1. Switch civic, didn't found cities. Flipped size 5 Samarkand as capital on 3rd turn.
    2. Traded tech with Chinese and Indian, entered medieval era with machinery on 4th turn, and founded two size 3 core cities.
    3. Pillaged China and Korea, conquered Persia. Switched to elective.
    4. Fought Arabs, conquered Babylon, went on and conquered Sur and Jerusalem, all was doing well...
    5. I collapsed in 850 AD, overexpansion. And just after that I found out that my core area had moved to Persia.

Well, overexpansion is always the problem.

Publicola likes this.
  9. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Properly Paranoid Proletarian

What is this? Has the mighty youtien finally been bested by the game? :lol:

Publicola and 1SDAN like this.
  10. youtien

youtien Lyricist

Maybe it's because i switched to citizenship in order to build up infrastructure, and didn't pass stability check.

About shifting core to Persia, there should be a choice: either move or remain in central Asia. Or, the core movement should be done after you build another capital.

Or just let them keep their initial core, so when they collapse, they just collapse to core. There's always another horde to claim the title of Turks or somewhat.

11. freethink

freethink Warlord

The New Turkic civ convinced me to start using the GIT hub,

I would like to recommend the song Attargah as the soundtrack (at least for the early leaders)

12. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

As an alternative I would recommend Dombra song. It is more war-like and inspiring, IMO...

13. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Good thing we have multiple leaders :)

ales_ likes this.
  14. KeeperOT7Keys

KeeperOT7Keys did nothing wrong

unrelated info: I don't know the first song but Dombıra is actually very popular in Turkey recently, it's even used as an election song by AKP/Erdogan

15. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

I would respectfully argue against moving core to Persia, even though Seljuk's capital was in Persia. There is a reason there is a big gap between modern Turkmenistan and Azerbaijan/Turkey filled by Indoeuropean speaking Iranians. Superior culture of Iranian people made Seljuk Empire highly Persianized in culture and language. Seljuks also played an important role in the development of the Turko-Persian tradition, even exporting Persian culture to Anatolia. The following quote from Turkish scholar really explains what happened in real life:

Central Asia should stay Turkic core, while Persian element in Persia should be Historical for Turkic people. Both Timur and even Babur, founder of Mughal empire, though nominally a Mongol (or Moghul in Persian language), drew much of his support from the local Turkic and Iranian people of Central Asia. Central Asia was always the heartland for Turkic people, to the degree that mountainous Iranian lands could never match. Therefore moving core to Persia is not very accurate.

16. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

That's good to know, thanks.

The centre of the Seljuk Empire clearly was in Persia, not Transoxiana. Also, Transoxiana still is in the AI Mongol flip zone, so this way it is possible to not immediately collapse after the Mongol spawn.

17. KeeperOT7Keys

KeeperOT7Keys did nothing wrong

My search only ended up in a Quora answer (which doesn't include any source), can you give a better source? I'm just curious about the scholar.

18. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Ok, I did not verify his credentials and yes he has posted on Quora but to me he sounded scholarly enough to quote here.

19. LikeNothing

LikeNothing Chieftain

This song is in the RFC Asia soundtrack.

Many other songs in the same soundtrack can be great music for Asian civs, especially if new ones (e.g. Jurchens) are added.

20. ngazi

ngazi Chieftain

I think it's better to not have central Asia in the Mongol flip zone and have Mongols fight for central Asia which is half the accomplishments of Genghis, but if Turkic Civ is supposed to be Sejuk Civ then their core would be where the Sejuks were.

LikeNothing and Jarlaxe Baenre like this.