[Feature] Turkic Civilization

The reason is that the idea behind these civs was to cover areas where you could easily add civs without needing to design interaction with much else in the world. The Turks required more effort to make work both as an AI and player civ, and may need additional effort.
Thank you for the explanation, and I was by no means criticizing. I was content with the old Seljuk mechanism (even found it fun, perhaps as a result of masochism), but then this new Turkic Civ arrived. It's comparable to a product concept by Steve Jobs - I never knew I needed the Turkic Civ until I saw it, but once I saw it I realized I REALLY need it. Except in this case, the increase in utility is 100% real and 0% RDF.

It is much, much easier to win the 3000 BC scenario than the 600 AD one.

In the 600 AD, you start and spawn with less units, and the resources in surrounding areas are not improved.

EDIT: I also saw a lack of city names in a lot of their historical tiles. I'd suggest adding Mongolian names if there aren't any.

Last edited:
Something seems to be up with the Turkish dynamic names - I see their dynamic name as "Sultanate of Turkestan" despite the fact that they've had their core move to Persia, have their capital in Esfahan, and in fact don't control any cities outside of Persia (I think they just had a collapse to core), when they should probably still be using "Great Seljuk Empire" or at least "Seljuk Sultanate" (as they haven't respawned).

(Also, would you prefer that we continue using this thread for Turks-related feedback?)

It's probably better to use this thread. I think it's their number of cities that determines this name, but you're right that even if they are not an empire Seljuk Sultanate would be a better name.

Would you consider adding the Turks to the 1700 AD scenario to replace the independent cities representing the Uzbeks? I think it would make the Iranian game more fun and also be a fun challenge to play as themselves.

Yeah, I might do that later.

I am DEFEATED! 3000 BC regent/normal.

1. Switch civic, didn't found cities. Flipped size 5 Samarkand as capital on 3rd turn.
2. Traded tech with Chinese and Indian, entered medieval era with machinery on 4th turn, and founded two size 3 core cities.
3. Pillaged China and Korea, conquered Persia. Switched to elective.
4. Fought Arabs, conquered Babylon, went on and conquered Sur and Jerusalem, all was doing well...
5. I collapsed in 850 AD, overexpansion. And just after that I found out that my core area had moved to Persia.

Well, overexpansion is always the problem.

What is this? Has the mighty youtien finally been bested by the game? :lol:

What is this? Has the mighty youtien finally been bested by the game? :lol:
Maybe it's because i switched to citizenship in order to build up infrastructure, and didn't pass stability check.

About shifting core to Persia, there should be a choice: either move or remain in central Asia. Or, the core movement should be done after you build another capital.

Or just let them keep their initial core, so when they collapse, they just collapse to core. There's always another horde to claim the title of Turks or somewhat.

Good thing we have multiple leaders :)

unrelated info: I don't know the first song but Dombıra is actually very popular in Turkey recently, it's even used as an election song by AKP/Erdogan

5. I collapsed in 850 AD, overexpansion. And just after that I found out that my core area had moved to Persia.

I would respectfully argue against moving core to Persia, even though Seljuk's capital was in Persia. There is a reason there is a big gap between modern Turkmenistan and Azerbaijan/Turkey filled by Indoeuropean speaking Iranians. Superior culture of Iranian people made Seljuk Empire highly Persianized in culture and language. Seljuks also played an important role in the development of the Turko-Persian tradition, even exporting Persian culture to Anatolia. The following quote from Turkish scholar really explains what happened in real life:

The Turks had been living to east of the Caspian Sea for a long time. Around the turn of the first millennium AD, their Central Asian homeland experienced a drastic change in climate, creating the need for more suitable pasture land. So Turkish tribes started pouring into Iran proper. Before 1040, the rulers of Iran, the Ghaznavids, decided to put a stop to this migration, apparently because these tribes were disrupting the local Iranian economy. The Turks didn’t go for that and gave the Ghaznavids a beating in the Battle of Dandanaqan. Wikipedia portrays the battle as one between the Ghaznavids and the ‘Seljuk Empire’, when it was really the Ghaznavids facing a coalition of Turkish tribes. Very mobile Turkish tribes. After this defeat, the gates were open for the Turks.

Heading West, Iran’s mountainous geography basically forces any invaders toward northern Iraq, through the central lowlands, which is where the Turkish tribes ended up. From there they simply spread south and west. South brought them in control of Syria and Baghdad, the seat of the Caliphate, while westward they encountered the Byzantine territories.

The story of how the Turks spread out across much of the Old World is an amazing one. By the 18th century, everything between Xinjiang and Bengal in the East, and Hungary and Algeria in the West, was ruled by people of Turkish stock. And while it didn’t exactly start with that border conflict in Eastern Iran, because Turks had long been present in the Muslim world as elite slave troops and slave-sultans (it’s a real thing, Mamluk), that border conflict kick-started a Turkish era for much of Eurasia and North Africa.

Central Asia should stay Turkic core, while Persian element in Persia should be Historical for Turkic people. Both Timur and even Babur, founder of Mughal empire, though nominally a Mongol (or Moghul in Persian language), drew much of his support from the local Turkic and Iranian people of Central Asia. Central Asia was always the heartland for Turkic people, to the degree that mountainous Iranian lands could never match. Therefore moving core to Persia is not very accurate.

unrelated info: I don't know the first song but Dombıra is actually very popular in Turkey recently, it's even used as an election song by AKP/Erdogan
That's good to know, thanks.

I would respectfully argue against moving core to Persia, even though Seljuk's capital was in Persia. There is a reason there is a big gap between modern Turkmenistan and Azerbaijan/Turkey filled by Indoeuropean speaking Iranians. Superior culture of Iranian people made Seljuk Empire highly Persianized in culture and language. Seljuks also played an important role in the development of the Turko-Persian tradition, even exporting Persian culture to Anatolia. The following quote from Turkish scholar really explains what happened in real life:

Central Asia should stay Turkic core, while Persian element in Persia should be Historical for Turkic people. Both Timur and even Babur, founder of Mughal empire, though nominally a Mongol (or Moghul in Persian language), drew much of his support from the local Turkic and Iranian people of Central Asia. Central Asia was always the heartland for Turkic people, to the degree that mountainous Iranian lands could never match. Therefore moving core to Persia is not very accurate.
The centre of the Seljuk Empire clearly was in Persia, not Transoxiana. Also, Transoxiana still is in the AI Mongol flip zone, so this way it is possible to not immediately collapse after the Mongol spawn.

The following quote from Turkish scholar really explains what happened in real life
My search only ended up in a Quora answer (which doesn't include any source), can you give a better source? I'm just curious about the scholar.

My search only ended up in a Quora answer (which doesn't include any source), can you give a better source? I'm just curious about the scholar.

Ok, I did not verify his credentials and yes he has posted on Quora but to me he sounded scholarly enough to quote here.

As an alternative I would recommend Dombra song. It is more war-like and inspiring, IMO...
This song is in the RFC Asia soundtrack.

Many other songs in the same soundtrack can be great music for Asian civs, especially if new ones (e.g. Jurchens) are added.

I think it's better to not have central Asia in the Mongol flip zone and have Mongols fight for central Asia which is half the accomplishments of Genghis, but if Turkic Civ is supposed to be Sejuk Civ then their core would be where the Sejuks were.

Top Bottom