• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[FfH II Art Team Blog]

I tried anhu's water and do not really like it (especially zoomed in). But if you want to use it, just unpack the water.dds to \Assets\Art\Terrain\water in your FfH directory. It works for me.

If anyone knows how to import colonization water to FfH, I would really appreciate it :)

I tried anhu's water and do not really like it (especially zoomed in). But if you want to use it, just unpack the water.dds to \Assets\Art\Terrain\water in your FfH directory. It works for me.

If anyone knows how to import colonization water to FfH, I would really appreciate it :)

I made some nice water textures based on the ones from Colonization, and it turned out quite effective. It's here if you want it: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=10822

Thx, that worked :)

Is this where you place suggestions for unit models? Like for example changing the Svart Ranger to one with the Hunter female model along with animals. And longbowmen with Archers base model and the elf longbow model?

I know new models can be made, but these are relatively simple models that are already in the game that you could apply thematically to fill out the nation.

She looks a bit too young and not powerful enough, imho.

I think you should instead focus on making the graphics for Odio. Kael has implied that he would let us free Aeron's archangel if he had unit graphics that looked like the unique feature. I went ahead and allowed him to be freed in my version, but couldn't find a good unit. I ended up going with giant Brujah graphics.

I really like that model, MrUnderhill. It makes her look more human, in line with Sabathiell. The crystaline wings are nice, hinting at the "shining" part of her name. The red hair fits in with her being an arch-angel of the goddess of fire.

Of course, an Odio would be nice, too...

She looks a bit too young and not powerful enough, imho.

I think you should instead focus on making the graphics for Odio. Kael has implied that he would let us free Aeron's archangel if he had unit graphics that looked like the unique feature. I went ahead and allowed him to be freed in my version, but couldn't find a good unit. I ended up going with giant Brujah graphics.

You know... from time to time you go a bit too far. People are making what they enjoy. People are discussing what interests them. Coming in and telling them what they "Should" do, or saying their idea has no merit because "I did it differently" is not productive in any manner at all.

I mean, you even offer nothing but derision to team members half the time, especially in this thread. Not constructive criticism, but flat out insults.

Very nice work, MrUnderhill. Love the hair, and the wings are top-notch.
That said, I can see where MC is coming from. The youthful glow looks beautiful, bit if you have a significant amount of spare time, try experimenting with the skin a bit. Slightly older and/or less human. Keep the hair as it is; that seems perfect for the (former) Archangel of Fire.
Alternatively, and more simply, you could try fiddling with glow effects to give her that angelic feel. Something, if you'll pardon my statement of the obvious, "shiny." The one Brigit the Aurealis uses right now seems like an idea. (Unless I'm thinking of a different unit...) (Could have sworn Brigit had a glow!)

Just posted an alternate model for Brigit for any who are interested.

I really like how you´ve reused the svartalfar hunter here and the wings look super too. But she looks a bit more like a human adventurer than an angel. like killerclown suggested, try changing the skintone a bit and maybe the eyes and a glow effect, I think then we are set ;)

good job

Wow, that is nice. I like the phoenix symbol on her shield, very fitting for her as her release would be almost like a rebirth. I agree that the skin tone culd possibly be changed to make her seem older, but aren't angels essentially ageless anyway? Really well done. :D

Gorgeous, yes. The colour scheme is certainly appropriate. The only comments I have are the above mentioned skin tones (FFH angels are supposed to have alabaster skin), and tragically IIRC Brigit's wings were burnt off during Bhall's Fall. I could be incorrect on this one though, and even if I'm right, it should be simple enough to retcon this if it means getting such a nice unit ;)

What do you think, look good with a glow map applied?

Its kinda a shame because underhill did such a nice job with the texture and you lose the detail with the glow effect but I think it fits Brigit better.

Attachments

• brigit.jpg
    brigit.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 268
What do you think, look good with a glow map applied?

Its kinda a shame because underhill did such a nice job with the texture and you lose the detail with the glow effect but I think it fits Brigit better.

*Whistles.*
Now that's what I'm talking about!
But yeah, it's a real shame about the glow covering up some of the details; is there a way to soften it in areas? Like have it be blazing where her wings meet her back, but be all but dissipated by the end?
If not, of course, c'est la vie.

looks great! maybe the "shine" effect on the wings should be toned down a bit ( Kael's screenshot )? it looks very very bright right now. aside from that, brilliant work MrUnderHill :goodjob:

Brigit The Shining is much better with the glow. I'd be inclined to say that it should glow more instead of less, but then again the computer I'm on right now doesn't have the best monitor so everything tends to look a bit dull.

I tend to think that she should be scaled up to to be as large as her fellow archangels Hyborem, Basium, and the Avatar of Wrath.

I'm still hoping that Odio will enter the game pretty soon too.

Ah, yes, definitely better with the glow map. Thanks, Kael! I was playing around with glow maps myself, but my attempts didn't come out as well as that one. I also made some model fixes (mostly getting the robes/hair to animate properly and giving the wings their own texture), and I'm planning on releasing a v.2 soon. Could you send me the glow map so I can package it along with the fix?

And thanks to everyone who commented on my work. Even if it isn't much, I'm glad to have contributed something to the mod, and the feedback is really helpful. Thanks, guys!

Ah, yes, definitely better with the glow map. Thanks, Kael! I was playing around with glow maps myself, but my attempts didn't come out as well as that one. I also made some model fixes (mostly getting the robes/hair to animate properly and giving the wings their own texture), and I'm planning on releasing a v.2 soon. Could you send me the glow map so I can package it along with the fix?

And thanks to everyone who commented on my work. Even if it isn't much, I'm glad to have contributed something to the mod, and the feedback is really helpful. Thanks, guys!

Yeap, here you go!

Attachments

• Brigit.zip
    142.7 KB · Views: 43
Top Bottom