Final Fixes Reborn

Not sure what happened there, looks like one or more files got messed up but I've never heard of it. Since the file names and contents are affected the easiest solution might be to download the r343 snapshot and copy the files into the SVN version's folder, or use it instead if there's a problem with the SVN in general. It contains everything that the SVN does it just won't auto update

Not sure what happened there, looks like one or more files got messed up but I've never heard of it. Since the file names and contents are affected the easiest solution might be to download the r343 snapshot and copy the files into the SVN version's folder, or use it instead if there's a problem with the SVN in general. It contains everything that the SVN does it just won't auto update
The download fails, it usually gets to about 12% and then fails with network error. I guess sourceforge is having problems, I will try later. Thanks.

Does anyone have a rough summary of the changes since the 14.11 patch? I've got the r343 snapshot of the mod downloaded, but the readme hasn't changed since 14.11 so I'm wondering what I'm missing out on.

The download fails, it usually gets to about 12% and then fails with network error. I guess sourceforge is having problems, I will try later. Thanks.
I finally got this downloaded (and finished my game in the stable version). I get the same result, though about 1 in 3 goes I get to start the first turn, and then it crashes when I end the turn.

check the pedia and see if there's anything wrong with it ( most icons missing, text looking wrong).
Try running Bts with win7 compatibility and admin modes.

If it still happens, upload a first-turn save.

check the pedia and see if there's anything wrong with it ( most icons missing, text looking wrong).
Try running Bts with win7 compatibility and admin modes.

If it still happens, upload a first-turn save.
Pedia seems complete. I am running in Windows 7, I have tried launching via Right Click on AoELancher.exe and "Run as administrator", same result.

Attachments

• AutoSave_Initial_Turn_0001.CivBeyondSwordSave
    59 KB · Views: 42
I have played FFH for years. On installing the AoE mod, I can get everything installed, when I launch the AoE launcher, I get the mini screen with options. But when I launch AoE using the button on bottom right, it just closes. Any advice or common problems here?

ok, in that case, there's an issue with the folder structure where you put the mod.

When looking at Beyond the Sword/Mods/Ashes of Erebus, you should see a folder Assets. If not, show me what you see instead.

I had some time to play with the current SVN version. Noticed some crashes but in summ it looks stable, most problems occur with game loading when starting AOE, deleting cache solves it in most cases, sometimes it need some tries to get the save game started. Noticed one new problem, from time to time the game is crashing while saving, in that case it ´s loading and I ve to restart my PC, noticeable in that cases is, that the save game has a very big data size and can ´t be used/loaded also it seems to affect game stability so I use to delete this corrupted save files.

@black_imperator
As only few maps are available I use to play tectonics and sea highlands to have only one island. I asked before, if you could give hill peaks some kind of bonus for cities, maybe health, hapiness and some food & production or so? These peaks are a nightmare for the aim of having a big size city as they are useless as long as you ´re not a dwarf and take away a potential city slot for growth ;-).
Maybe you could give them a little bonus, they are a big reason I need to restart map creation very often, that would be nice :-D.

I return on my yearly binge of this mod! Question – when's the last time the "stable" (using the term somewhat loosely here) version was updated? I checked and it still seems to be 14.11, which is what I already had downloaded when I came back to it. It doesn't have anywhere near the amount of stuff the SVN Beta has.

If there isn't a new stable release that I somehow missed, what's the most stable SVN version—and the most stable modules to run with it—right now? Lord help me in trying to get that to work, given that it's started yelling at me about the Dural of all things.

That's it. The "stable" version should really be called the "stale" version at this point. :)

I return on my yearly binge of this mod! Question – when's the last time the "stable" (using the term somewhat loosely here) version was updated? I checked and it still seems to be 14.11, which is what I already had downloaded when I came back to it. It doesn't have anywhere near the amount of stuff the SVN Beta has.

If there isn't a new stable release that I somehow missed, what's the most stable SVN version—and the most stable modules to run with it—right now? Lord help me in trying to get that to work, given that it's started yelling at me about the Dural of all things.

That's it. The "stable" version should really be called the "stale" version at this point. :)

14.11 hasn't changed in a while. Main reason is that i don't think the svn is in a good enough state for a proper release ( some quirks remain, some stuff is unfinished and the multiplayer is broken)
Latest version of the svn can be downloaded here : https://sourceforge.net/p/ashesoferebus/code/HEAD/tree/ either through the svn system or by clicking download snapshot. All modules included in the download (active or not by default) are stable enough to be played with.

14.11 hasn't changed in a while. Main reason is that i don't think the svn is in a good enough state for a proper release ( some quirks remain, some stuff is unfinished and the multiplayer is broken)
Latest version of the svn can be downloaded here : https://sourceforge.net/p/ashesoferebus/code/HEAD/tree/ either through the svn system or by clicking download snapshot. All modules included in the download (active or not by default) are stable enough to be played with.
Ah. Shame. Even with 14.11 I'll get crashes every once in a while—especially on huge maps—and I straight up can't ever have Malakim in a game because something about them always (eventually) crashes it. The SVN may not be in a good state for proper release, but you do also keep adding or updating new aspects (the crime mechanic didn't even exist proper until recently, after all). You could look at a prior SVN release and just focus on debugging all the features of that one for a new "stable" release. It's not like it has to be "finished" remember, just stable.

That said, I know from experience that doing nothing but debugging is tedious as hell and you've been working on this constantly for lord knows how many years now. I'd definitely prefer you work on it in a way that doesn't burn you out. Mad respect for just how long you've kept updating this mod without dropping it despite it not even being your own original creation. It's genuinely mind-blowing to me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom