• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Finding out santa is fake

The experience made me into the skeptic that I now am, really. I mean, the line between the real and the imaginary became a lot more blurry and I wasn't sure who to believe anymore. Keep in mind that I grew up in a very religious environment (communist Poland), and you'll see why that line was so hard to.. understand. but yeah, it made me question everything..

It wasn't really a defining moment.. I think I slowly learned that santa wasn't real, over time.. a hint here, a hint there.. etc.

That's a much healthier reaction than I had, you must be the most easygoing person ever. I honestly never thought of it like that, I just thought is strange and hypocritical that they would lie to me for no reason.

I think I should change myself and try to see the best in people...

Yeah, apparently I was rather atypical in that reaction, even my parents actually didn't want to believe it at first. :)

2 - I have no idea what I thought. I can't remember.
3 - This seems like . .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..
4 - This is . .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..

I don't think I ever really thought he was real past age 2 or 3. My parents also never gave presents "from Santa" or anything, so I doubt I believed in him. I don't remember my childhood at all though.

But if I did, found out gradually at around 3-4 years old (my guess).

I don't know when I actually stopped, so it wasn't a big deal, obviously. When I was very little I know I did, and in 5th grade we wrote letters to the Kindergartners as Santa, but I know I didn't believe in him then. And at some point a kid on the bus was telling a younger kid that Santa wasn't real but I stopped him since I felt bad for the little guy. Don't remember when that was though. So I don't remember when, maybe if I look through pictures I can figure it out, but I got presents from Santa for a while after that as tradition. Why that tradition needed to continue I'm not sure...

It didn't bug me, so yeah. Oh well. I don't think I'll tell my possible children about it anyway.

Every Christmas when my family meets together, I love seeing which of my little cousins have stopped believing in Santa during the past year. The telltale grin when you ask what they got from Santa says it all.

Top Bottom