football thread No11

Absolutely delighted to beat Ireland tonight! I would have been very downbeat if they kept us out or had sneaked an equalizer late on; not so much as a matter of principle, but because the game was very one-sided. Game was similar to the Georgia game and like that game, Scotland seemed to be very ineffective. I feared the worst when Fletcher, who I believe is our best player, got brought off--but we sneaked through with a training ground goal of high quality!

BTW, the Greece Faroes result is one of the most astonishing I can remember. Greece obviously have serious team spirit and motivation issues!

Bendtner being a hero is also surprising.

Pangur Bán;13561171 said:
Absolutely delighted to beat Ireland tonight! I would have been very downbeat if they kept us out or had sneaked an equalizer late on; not so much as a matter of principle, but because the game was very one-sided. Game was similar to the Georgia game and like that game, Scotland seemed to be very ineffective. I feared the worst when Fletcher, who I believe is our best player, got brought off--but we sneaked through with a training ground goal of high quality!

BTW, the Greece Faroes result is one of the most astonishing I can remember. Greece obviously have serious team spirit and motivation issues!

I watched Scotland-Ireland. Really competitive game, despite the few clear cut chances created it was quite enjoyable. I want to see all nations on the British Isles qualify but I think either ROI or Scotland will miss out in this group. Poland is too strong.

I really wish Naismith was English. A fantastic footballer.

Bendtner being a hero is also surprising.

What? Bentner's international record is really good.

Yes, but until this week he hadn't scored since January IIRC.

No, I'm not. I remember the contrast between his performances for Denmark and for Arsenal; I still think that a player suddenly deciding to score after almost an entire year of not doing so is surprising.

So Iceland cleaning out and Faroes taking out Greece in Athens. There's obviously some freaky chemical leaking out in the north-east atlantic ocean. Now I'm just wondering when Norway will get a taste. Shouldn't be too long now with the golf stream and all..

No, I'm not. I remember the contrast between his performances for Denmark and for Arsenal; I still think that a player suddenly deciding to score after almost an entire year of not doing so is surprising.

Clueless.
Bentner barely played for Wenger and if he did it was usually off the bench.
International fixtures are very rare and DK didn't qualify for the WC so Bentner not scoring for a while is barely newsworthy.

Look, just stick to the Argentinean 2nd division. You have no idea about European Football :lol:

So Iceland cleaning out and Faroes taking out Greece in Athens. There's obviously some freaky chemical leaking out in the north-east atlantic ocean. Now I'm just wondering when Norway will get a taste. Shouldn't be too long now with the golf stream and all..

Well I hope it reaches England! We need a supernatural boost!

Denmark don't have many alternatives so it isn't really surprising that he would get back into the team and score. He scored twice against Italy at the end of the last qualifying campaign and has scored plenty of other international goals whilst rarely playing club football for Arsenal or now Wolfsburg.

Clueless.
Wow, Internet Tourette's syndrome.
Quackers said:
Bentner barely played for Wenger and if he did it was usually off the bench.
International fixtures are very rare and DK didn't qualify for the WC so Bentner not scoring for a while is barely newsworthy.
Actually, a new forward taking three months to score his first goal (he only scored for Wolfsburg last week in the Europa League) is a bit newsworthy. Incidentally, did you know that he was left out of the squad against Armenia?
Quackers said:
Look, just stick to the Argentinean 2nd division. You have no idea about European Football :lol:
Tsk, tsk, you're losing your touch. Once upon a time you were funny, now all you do is hurl inaccurate insults at people.

Philip Lahm fractures his ankle during training...he will have to rest 3 months...and Thomas Mueller just got injured and taken off the field during the Spain vs Germany friendly... Not good at all...

I'm getting a TFC season ticket later today~!!.. they're supposed to call me in about an hour and a half.

Everyone's crapping all over this team right now due to various problems, but .. hey whatever, I've been going to games for 7 years now, on a regular basis, so I figure I might as well get my own seat. I'm excited!

Here's a video outlining the changes they're making to the stadium over the next 2 years:

Link to video.

What does the USA have to do with anything here?

Oh and by the way I'M A SEASON TICKET HOLDER!&%$!& I'm pretty excited even though this team usually sucks donkey balls. (even though they're one of the richest teams in the league)

Feels good to finally have my name on a seat to call my own, after 7 years of going to games.

oh lol I thought you were commenting on my post.

Ireland has been playing well as of late to be fair. They are in a tough qualifying group for the euros and they have been doing very well. The score surprises me though, but I don't really follow the USMNT, so I don't know what sort of form they've been in.

oh lol I thought you were commenting on my post.

So did I. But considering it was a friendly I wouldn't be too worried as of yet. Not like Canada will o anything great. Just like ho we aren't winning at all for a long time. :(

#4 Man Utd is closer in points to last place than to the leader :confused:

Top Bottom