football thread No11

Well, it's not as if the English wanted to be European anything anyway.

I spent the weekend leading to the final waist-deep in pessimism. I always do that, but wasn't expecting to move to emergency mode only two minutes in. We were shell-shocked for the rest of the half.

Then, as luck had it, England didn't land the final blow, and slowed down instead. A risky conduct in a final, as the other team might just regroup and be back in the game.
Spoiler Italy back in the game :
nosferatu.gif

Which is just what happened. After that, ball control was ours, and while it would have been preferable to score during play it also proved true that penalties would weigh more on England, for historical reasons.

I got the next three out of three predictions right.

That totals to 100% (7 out of 7) consecutive predictions.
When I said that I felt strange backing the Czechs over the Ukrainians I should've listened to myself. Otherwise I would've had a perfect score, too. Oh, well…

Italy stands to get a world record for longest consecutive non-loose streak (or is it a win streak?) if they... beat Bulgaria in September 2021. If they win the next game against Switzerland then they will no longer share this first place with 2 others teams (Brazil and Spain, I think) and will become the team with the longest running streak ever amongst national teams.

*unbeaten streak

Breaking news: Lionel Messi not to renew his contract with Barcelona.

Tune in for his press conference tomorrow, I'd say.

The Eiffel Tower was booked for tuesday. Last time that happened, Neymar signed. So it looks like a Neymar/Messi/Mbappe attack is happening.

Sickening.

Sickening.

If the rumors that PSG is going to sell 10 players to keep a semblance of FFP gong are true, they will have no depth.

Also, I have seen American teams put together what looked on paper to be an near invincible lineup only to have them not play together well and be downright underwhelming.

Also, I have seen American teams put together what looked on paper to be an near invincible lineup only to have them not play together well and be downright underwhelming.

Messi plays well with Di Maria, Paredes and Neymar. Neymar and Mbappe also work well together. I'm not sure bad cohesion on the pitch is that likely. We'll see if PSG has to sell players or not, but the current team is a monstrous armada.

Top Bottom