1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Forum Account Upgrades Available for Ad-Free Browsing

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Thunderfall, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Valka D'Ur

Valka D'Ur Hosting Iron Pen in A&E Retired Moderator

Yes, I had a look around some of the old threads and found one that happened a couple of years before I joined, so I hadn't known about it.

It's worth remembering that while a lot of the young people from the thread of 13 years ago are now adult and presumably no longer saving for school and do have the means to make online purchases, there's a new generation of members who are in the same position as the other ones before them.

2. Fippy

Fippy Warrior Queen

I actually keep my adblocker off here ;)
    Imo the ads are not annoying. They are placed in reasonable spots, they have no sound & no popups.
    All 3 of those points are important for me, and if it stays classy like that i have no reason for turning adblocker back on.

Synsensa likes this.
  3. poundjd

poundjd Chieftain Supporter

Question: How many new page loads would I have to load per month to make the site $15/year?

I want to support the site, but was wondering which was the best way for me?

-jeff

4. Synsensa

Synsensa Warlord Retired Moderator

Literally thousands. A single individual would take several years to make a site $15 through ad revenue unless they clicked the ads (and Google has algorithms that help them differentiate between legitimate clicks and just spam clicks).

5. poundjd

poundjd Chieftain Supporter

Thanks, so the site is better off if I donate the $15/year.
    -jeff

6. Nials

Nials Chieftain

Thunderfall,

Thank you for continuing to run this site. I have been playing the series for two decades (with my favorite by far and away being the fourth installment).

The knowledge and value that I have been able to gather from this excellent community has been enormous, and without it, I wouldn't have enjoyed hundreds of hours of Civ.

Expect to see some support in the near future.

Noble Zarkon likes this.