1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Funny Screenshots: Part Deux

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by BakingTheArt, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Jwitti

Jwitti Judas Maccabeus

I thought it was PETA not PITA, PITA being someone screaming out a type of bread, as said before

2. bestbrian

bestbrian Just this guy, ya know?

PITA = Pain In The A-word meaning buttocks, and often applied to PETA.

3. EmperorFool

EmperorFool Chieftain

PETA is a real PITA with their incessant cries for platypus-free pita.

Is it clear now? :D

4. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

Slumming noble to experiment on a few things, and Victoria who had been engaged in war on the other side of the world surprises me. Instead of picking a more sensible target she spent several hundred years thinking of a genius plan to land an army right next to my capital before I could react. And when I least expected it, she launched her attack.

Wait, you mean "Prepare to meet your mild inconvenience!" right?

5. EmperorFool

EmperorFool Chieftain

LOOKOUT!!! :eek: She's gonna smash her pretty cannons against your city walls! She probably won't even pick up after herself. How rude!

6. TheMulattoMaker

TheMulattoMaker Dictator of RF

Too bad she only brought three cannons, otherwise it'd be "Prepare to meet your free Great General!"

7. Midnight-Blue766

Midnight-Blue766 A Gentlecolt and a Bard

It's like that South Park episode where the British try retaking America with wooden ships and redcoats.

8. Jwitti

Jwitti Judas Maccabeus

a good caption would be, "Much to the surprise of the British, the natives of the New World were much, much more advanced than they expected."

9. s.bernbaum

s.bernbaum Mostly lurking

10. Akbarthegreat

Akbarthegreat Angel of Junil

:lmao:

11. King Pluto

King Pluto Emperor

Assuming I read that correctly, your Vicky picture has her willing to take peace on the same turn SHE declared on YOU.

12. dalamb

dalamb Chieftain

That's an artifact of BUG mod that I see frequently -- it's irrelevant since they "refuse to talk".

13. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

I am refusing to talk too, so it's all good. :p

I think the myth of "Power deters war" is all but out of the window.

14. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

Moderator Action: Less spam and more screenshots, please.

15. Silverbow

Silverbow Chieftain

Wtf? Not to mention that I eventually got the lovely message sequence of:

16. Alexius08

Alexius08 Chieftain

A civ declaring war on itself and making peace with itself on the same turn? Something's bugged on this one.

17. hoplitejoe

hoplitejoe Top fun-poster

Is that RFC:Abundance or have you just modded in the celts?

18. Silverbow

Silverbow Chieftain

Neither, it's some RFC with Celts mod. Start in Ireland, but the UHVs are just as dreadful as the RFCA ones.:lol:

19. God-Emperor

God-Emperor Chieftain

A series of improbable events.

My Missile Frigate with it's 99.2% chance of victory lost all 9 rounds of combat. It only shows 7 because my ship has a first strike (due to the upgraded shields promotion) so it lost a round that doesn't show up at the beginning and it also lost one at the end that doesn't show up because it withdrew. It had only a 5% withdraw chance. So after the worst possible luck in the fight, it gets very lucky and withdraws.

That particular star system also has a rather checkered, and improbable, past. It was a system inhabited by lower tech aliens who, upon meeting my scout ship, joined my empire (one of the less likely outcomes). It started with a population of 2 and no units at all (as is typical). Something like 3 or 4 turns later I was the first to research the tech that founds the Power value, founding it in this star system (not very improbable, it was my only star system other than the capital). Time to build first Planetary Defense Ship? About 10 turns. Time until the pirate invasion ship moves into a visible location 2 plots from the star system? About 5 turns. I did not yet have the tech that allows the civic (or Policy, as they are called in Final Frontier derived mods - foreshadowing by Jon Shafer) that lets you rush buy things (Democracy, or, in this version of Final Frontier Plus, Technocracy would also allow it - didn't have the tech for that yet either). So two turns later, with 3 turns to go on the first defensive ship, the pirates capture the star system. The new missile frigate I sent from my home system upon spotting the pirate arrived 3 turns later (I think it was) to recapture it (good thing it was a pirate invasion ship, not a planetary defense ship). This, of course, reduced it to a population of 1 but did not destroy either of the 2 free buildings the system started with. The missile frigate had to fight off only one other ship before a defender was built (which took about twice as long as the original one would have). Then, somewhat later, the event in the screenshot happened to that same missile frigate.

Attached Files:

20. RD-BH

RD-BH Human

My mistake was not grouping my 2 workers ...
    ... I selected them individually and ordered them to build road from horses to copper.
    They need supervision (sigh).

Attached Files: