• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Future Direction of the Mod

How attached are you to the current mechanics?

• BtS mechanics and content can go if that enables new features

Votes: 60 75.9%
  • Keep BtS stuff, but RFC mechanics and content are fair game

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Keep traditional RFC mechanics, only new content within that framework

Votes: 8 10.1%

• Total voters
*mysterious music intensifies*

Oh come on.you should have a plan by now.nearly 80% wanted BtS mechanics and content can go if that enables new features form the start of the poll till now.i think you should have some plans right now

Don't you get it? This is all a ploy for Leoreth to get his own orchestra playing mysterious music throughout the world - we're the beginning of his fame and fandom!

That Antoine de Saint-Exupery tech quote about perfection comes to mind; removals help to counterbalance additions.

Documentation would help. Where, as Leoreth said, are the hands to write it?

This exactly. Any addition must have a proper function. If it doesn't add anything other than 'look at this new unit', then it should be taken away. Which is what I find to be done quite well in the mod currently. About documentation, I don't have time at the moment and I'm not too much into all mechanics either now, but in the future I'd be willing to contribute to the documentation.

Yeah.there shouldn't be any more units.thought there should be more techs and events

Oh come on.you should have a plan by now.nearly 80% wanted BtS mechanics and content can go if that enables new features form the start of the poll till now.i think you should have some plans right now
*volume of mysterious music drowns out all complaints*

He's going to add a misterious music to the soundtrack, i'm sure.

Speaking of music, the modern era needs wayyyy better music. Right now it mostly just puts me to sleep.

Speaking of music, the modern era needs wayyyy better music. Right now it mostly just puts me to sleep.

NOOOOOOOO ! The minimalist music is great! In addition to the John Adams music, you should add some Steve Reich and Phillip Glass music.

I certainly agree. I hate the modern era music, it's the literally the only music in the game that I hate with a passion don't like.

I certainly agree. I hate the modern era music, it's the literally the only music in the game that I hate with a passion don't like.

I also agree.

Here's my suggestion.

Let's use the modern era songs from civ 3:

SmashFull - Hard rock style
StarsFull - Smooth jazz style
TechnoMixFull - Electonic style

These styles of music represent the modern era much better than classical music, which has a very small niche audience that is mostly 50 or older. I can send you the sound files.

I absolutely disagree, and if he's going to replace the modern music, I'd want it as a module, because I'd be extremely displeased if I was forced to use something else. In my humble opinion, the minimalist compositions set the appropriately ominous tone for the Brave New World that is the Modern era in spectacularly brilliant fashion.

I actually replaced each modern music files with some of the music I usually listen to, because the normal modern era music gives me headache mostly of the times.

I believe there should be some classic rock in the game. Dystopian music that occupies modern era is too totalitarian. Maybe Dystopian music should play for autoritarian/communist regimes, rock music for other republics and... renaiscance music for the rest.

But what would more techs do? If they can't lead to more units (or buildings), what's the purpose of having more techs?

More Techs to building and 2 or 3 ancient units.the ancient era is the worst and needs some improvment and more modern and industrial era buildings

For what purpose? What purpose would more buildings serve? Also, I don't see what's wrong with the ancient era, but if you elaborate a bit more than just one sentence I'm willing to listen.

Well,it will give the player more options to build stuff and get more bonuses.and by the time you reach the modern era,most of the buildings are already build and the only options are military or the :hammers: to :science::gold::culture:.and the ancient era is boring.I never play an old civilisation because of that.they lack more buildings and units

I came to look at this thread at Ben's suggestion, only to find that baseballpie said everything I could have possibly wanted to say about this subject in the third post.

I am not as hot on the idea of replacing solid BtS features as I am to the idea of adding effects that were not present before though.
For instance, with some of my older suggestions for different unit effects, such as the ability to spawn another instance of a unit upon making a kill or increasing the damage of a hit during combat.
I even think things like "Status Effects" that could be inflicted on units that would say, immobilize them,
or treat their functional Strength as lower upon making an attack would greatly diversify the options available to us now.

Top Bottom