1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Future Update - Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Mar 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pistol90

Pistol90 Warlord

Yes in terms of Civs, but question is about new mechanic. No new mechanics were added in first DLC's that came out after initial game release, but were added in expansions. So would we see new mechanics, or not. Right now we believe there are going to be new mechanic in game along side those new civs.

2. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Deity

Not all the DLCs were double packs.

I don’t think its a good idea to add mechanics in piecemeal DLCs. It makes a confusing mess, particular where multiplayer compatibilities is concerned.

I really don’t see them dropping new features one at a time with DLCs across a season pack either.

679x, Inawordyes, Kjimmet and 5 others like this.
  3. IvoryPavane

IvoryPavane Prince

Unless they add some new mechanics as part of a general update across all game versions, and then the DLCs are designed to accentuate those new features.

Like an Ideology mechanic for all, and a DLC Civ who has a bonus to that mechanic

679x and altayrneto like this.
  4. Wielki Hegemon

Wielki Hegemon King

They want to communicate.
    Dear developers and @FXS_MisterKevin Let's establish a code:
    If you are planing a new civilization: use color reference:
    blue: maya
    red: ethiopia
    yellow: byzantine
    green: portugal
    white: new one
    black: other
    If you are planing new expansion: use capital letters
    If you are planning a new leader: use shade reference dark (new leader)
    If you are planning new mechanics: use codename
    new victory type: Cheetah
    new trade/finance features: Bull
    new scenarios: Rabbit
    disease/pandemic mechanic: Crow
    revamping all civs: Paint
    revamping religion: Pigeon
    other: Fox
    no mayor new mechanics: Ghost
    ideology: Donkey
    unit tree revamp: Lion

so:
    if new DLC is just DLC with the Maya than blueghost
    if new DLC is expansion with trade revamp and Portugal than GREENBULL

:D:D:D

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
    679x, altayrneto, Smity2k1 and 11 others like this.
  5. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

We just dont know. 10 achievements would indicate less civs.
    But based on the number of civs still missing that would deserve a place in civ 6. (Portugal, Maya, Ethiopia, 2 more ancient civs). I would say 8-10 more civs would be most logical.

6. acluewithout

acluewithout Deity

My guess is that if FXS do new mechanics, then they’ll do an Expansion or Mini-Expansion that has the mechanics but either no Civs or else only max two Civs. Any subsequent DLC will focus on Civs / Leaders / Scenarios, with any further mechanics being basically free via a patch (probably requiring you to have the Expansion or Mini-Expansion).

If they go the pure DLC route, then either no new mechanics at all or the mechanics will be free via a patch.

And that’s basically why I’m annoyed about all this at the moment. I’m happy to get new Civs and patches, but I think the game’s mechanics still need more work and some more expansion. We’re clearly getting more something. It’ll definitely include more Civs, more Scenarios and more Wonders. But there’s no guarantees on getting expanded or reworked mechanics. I mean, I’m quite confident we’ll eventually get a Trebuchet, but that’s all I’m certain about really.

7. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

Those 10 achievements really doesn't tell us to begin with. if we have four DLCs it does indicate that they aren't being released simulatenously, which supports the idea of them being like Game Packs for Sims. With the first one being released fairly soon.

RohirrimElf and Haig like this.
  8. Haig

Haig Deity

Positive thought of the day:

Even if an announcement of a new dlc is, say, 2 weeks away, we might get a teaser of an announcement a wekk before that.

9. pokiehl

pokiehl Emperor

Given the lack of substantive changes to the actual DLC depots, I think that "2 weeks away" is pretty optimistic. It would be nice if I were wrong though.

10. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

I'll be surprised if they add new mechanics in smaller DLC packs. If the DLCs are basically the same amount of Civs we would get in an expansion, but sold in 4 separate packs, then any new mechanic will probably be added in a free patch, so everyone has it.

SammyKhalifa likes this.
  11. Pistol90

Pistol90 Warlord

But why than bother with that German age rating agency ... I guess you would really need those rating for only DLC's with new Civs and leaders.

12. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

They didn't get new age ratings for DLC 1-6. They did get new ratings assessments for the expansions though.

So whatever this is is going to have more content than simple civ DLCs, up to and including the possibility of an expansion.

Inawordyes, Kjimmet, Meluhhan and 5 others like this.
  13. Killer Rabbit

Killer Rabbit Chieftain

I still think it's possible that those 10 achievements are for some kind of Red Death-like scenario that could even be released in a patch. Or they're just placeholders/dummies for testing purposes?

Or maybe I'm just a hopelessly optimistic member of #team3XP :D

In any case I think with the German rating agency involved it's pretty clear that there will be new mechanics involved, not just DLC Civ or Scenario packs.

Haig likes this.
  14. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

I do think we will get like a mechanic/feature in every DLC and either one or two civs/leaders that goes with said mechanic/feature.

15. acluewithout

acluewithout Deity

The 10 Achievements give me the most concern that we’re just getting DLC. However, then rating agency submission and comments above do seem like good evidence of an Expansion (or mini-expansion or just more content generally).

Jesus. I don’t know about everyone else, but I’m really over the whole speculating thing...

16. OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer King

What else can we do at this point? Most of us have played the game to death by now and desperately want an expansion to add more.

17. Jeppetto

Jeppetto Prince

I'd prefer exppack. Or exppack and four DLCs.

18. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

See, I think that makes it harder on their end, for multiplayer, etc with that many versions of the game out there in the wild. I think it would be cleaner to do a patch for all with all the core game changes

19. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

The multiplayer is designed so that all players use the host's setup, including selection of expansions, DLC, and mods.

pokiehl likes this.
  20. pokiehl

pokiehl Emperor

Paradox adds mechanics with DLC and it works fine for them.

Ondolindë likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.