1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Future Update - Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Mar 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaan Boztepe

Kaan Boztepe Prince

i am pretty sure before we hear an annoujncement some twitch civplayers will get a headsup to "clear" schedule or plan ahead and will share that something is up next X-Day

2. Connor_CivFan

Connor_CivFan Chieftain

That is why I believe we are also getting new mechanics in this dlc + The german age rating agency evidence backs that theory up.

acluewithout likes this.
  3. Connor_CivFan

Connor_CivFan Chieftain

This has happened before
    The YOGSCAST alluded to the fact that they knew about Gathering Storm for a long time before it was released maybe something like that is happening already.

4. pokiehl

pokiehl Emperor

Everyone knew about Gathering Storm for a long time before it was released due to the leaks. I doubt they're giving "livestreamers" beta access. They get the press builds and aren't given months advance notice. And if they were and advertised it that would surely be breaking their NDA.

679x and Meluhhan like this.
  5. Kwami

Kwami Emperor

Paradox doesn't release $5 DLC packs that add new leaders, though. They release $15-20 mini expansions.

Anyway, I would argue that adding new mechanics in those mini expansions doesn't work too well. The mechanics from one expansion almost never interact with mechanics from another because it's not feasible to design for every possible combination. I really hope that Civ doesn't do something like that.

679x, WorldWarIV, Inawordyes and 7 others like this.
  6. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

Unless the German ratings requirements have changed since the last time Civ 6 DLCs were released. Perhaps even between the time the last DLC was released and the time Rise & Fall was released. :dunno:

7. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

I'm expecting new content due to the new ratings and I don't think they would have done a new rating if the content was in a free patch/update.

8. Kmart_Elvis

Kmart_Elvis King

I like this theory and I want to believe the hype. However, couldn't it still be a small DLC that has say, a WWII scenario? Would a German rating be required for that?

9. pokiehl

pokiehl Emperor

I don't think anyone posting here can credibly answer that.

CPWimmer and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  10. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

Whatever is forthcoming, I hope it includes the Maya. For me, they're the most glaring absence in Civ6 at this point. One of Babylon or Assyria isn't far behind.

679x, WorldWarIV, Inawordyes and 4 others like this.
  11. Alexander's Hetaroi

I'll add Portugal as a glaring omission too. Not that I'm a major fan of them but there's no reason the first major global empire should not make I in.
    Ethiopia and Byzantium are not as glaring to me but they are still needed in some way.

679x, Zaarin, LMT and 1 other person like this.
  12. j51

j51 Blue Star Cadet

Yeah, the game doesn't need any new mechanics; they have to balance all of the mechanics that exist.

13. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

This could be the reason there are so many different qa builds operating at the same time. They could be testing all the feasible combinations of mini-expansions to make sure there isn't any weird behavior for odd combos.

WorldWarIV, bbbt, Hawke9 and 5 others like this.
  14. Elhoim

Elhoim Iron Tower Studio Dev

This so much, that's why a full expansion is always better.

15. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

Another filler. No news today (wednesday)

Hawke9 likes this.
  16. Wielki Hegemon

Wielki Hegemon King

That's my man! :)
    The Maya is not only the most missing civilization but has so much possible fun and unique mechanics. Just imagine Javelinneers with poison attack and unique Poisson research tree-> disable move Poisson dot Poisson, fear poison forcing unit to withdraw,etc. Nice introduction to chemical warfare to Civ game ;) One week ago they were announced to Humankind:
    EUdF9zAWkAclo5m.jpg

679x and Zaarin like this.
  17. Francel

Francel Warlord

I would love to see improved AI. Sadly I doubt this would be profitable enough for them to justify, but I think it’s sorely needed.

In terms of new content, I’d like to see a one city or at least a civ geared to small play like more rewards for population. Could be Venice or someone else.

18. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

I can do without Portugal. Philip II was king Portugal as well as Spain. If we get another African nation, Ethiopia is my top choice by a considerable measure. I'm conflicted about Byzantium. Their absence is glaring, but the Balkans are already overrepresented. If we do get Byzantium, I think it has to be a Medieval basileus, not Justinian and Theodora for the millionth time.

Agreed. Crossing my fingers that they get better than their Civ5 Apocalypto treatment. :D

Whatever happened to the Humankind discussion thread? It was going strong when I left, but it seems to have vanished entirely. I couldn't even find it with a search.

19. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

679x, Inawordyes, bite and 4 others like this.
  20. Alexander's Hetaroi

Still not too sure if the Maya ever used poison as a weapon on their spears. That being said a Javelineer, or Hul'che in Yucatec language, does make the most sense as a UU. It could even replace the slinger and maybe be more useful than archers in certain situations, not upgrading until the crossbowman.

I'm more interested to see what kind of unique infrastructure they will get. They way that the GS unique districts looked makes me want them to have a Holy Site UD so we can get even get Mesoamerican looking shrines and temples when built. For the basic look put a Triadic pyramid with a ballcourt in the spot where none of the buildings go.

679x, SammyKhalifa and Zaarin like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.