Game Schedule 2015 - 2016

Result tables for 43 & 55 looks especially interesting. :faint:

i may try to get GOTM148 done...
t_x

to play or to design? i would rather play... ;)

Hi. There were four Sid level games, all in Decembers, interestingly:

19 - 12/2005 -Netherlands
43 - 12/2007 - Polynesia
55 - 12/2008 - Greece
79 - 12/2010 - Byzantines

these are for both gotm ptw and cotm c3c?

No. Sid is only an option on C3C. The highest difficulty for PtW is Deity.

No. Sid is only an option on C3C. The highest difficulty for PtW is Deity.

oh yeah I forgot.. anyway.. I lost the first sid cotm game just now.. i forgot how to play sids anymore..

What if you have three cities left and peace with everybody, got great library. can you still win sids?

it depends on which map, who and in which state are your opponents, what is the date, etc. e.g. for 20k or UN you theoretically only need 1 city... ;)
t_x

Done with both cotm 19 and 43. cotm 19 is way harder than cotm 43. Will be playing the latests cotm first and have a long break before doing the next two sids cotm.

Questions regarding sids games.

1.) Where do you build courthouses/police station? starting on your 20th city?

2.) One of my strategies in Republic is to do ICS, and make them POP 7 and make them not grow (so that they won't get unhappy too much). I get 1/4 army supply, 3 free maintenance for units, 3-4 taxers per city. Is this a good strat? Or is it good to make them 3-4 scientists?

3.) I also noticed, while upgrading my cannons to artillary, aside from the 120 gold (I think?), I also lose a 4-6 gpt per upgrade. Let us say I upgraded 100 cannons to 100 artillaries, I somehow lost around 400 GPT aside from 12k Gold (Not sure). Now where might this be coming from?

4.) and if anybody knows how to make Civ Assist work on Win10, that will be great.

5.) How do you exactly do RCP? and how significant doing RCP? I always place my cities 2 cells apart for my first 20-30 cities.. except for 1 city who will go for Theater wonder.

RCP isn't relevant in C3C. The corruption formula was changed.

if somebody else could take the next two games, i could go for GOTM152 again!
t_x

I've realised that we probably have had a bug in the base .BIX and .BIQ files at least since the original modder-quality base files were lost and I attempted to create new ones. At higher difficulty levels, the AI gets extra Workers and Settlers:

One Worker at Emperor
Two Workers and one Settler at Demigod and Deity
Four Workers and two Settlers at Sid

Now, these allocations are controlled over the variables "Starting Unit 1" and "Starting Unit 2", which we have switched in order not to pop Settlers from Huts. As I understand it, that must have meant that in all difficult games in the last two years, the AI has gotten too many Settlers and too few Workers.

Did anyone notice this effect?

I've looked at some replay games and seen the effect at least at Emperor level in COTM115 and Deity level in COTM118.

I will post corrected base files a.s.a.p.

After looking to replay of latest GOTM (rarely do it past imes, because it is so slow to load) seen AIs formed their second cities in 3800-3750bc. So they start with 2 settlers obviously.

PS May be we should keep this bug as a feature? In latest "difficult" ptw games AIs developing too slow imho even with this boost.

Last edited:
Top Bottom