Games You Are Nostalgic For

Commodore 64 games like Elite, Defender of the Crown, Pitstop II, Ramboo II, Pool of Radiance, Buck Rogers Countdown to Doomsday, Pirates!, Seven Cities of Gold, Archon II, Ghostbusters!, Curse of Azure Bonds, Ultima V, Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?, Dallas Quest, Green Beret, Boulder Dash, Champions of Krynn, Bards Tale I,II,III

Skies of Arcadiaaaaaaaa, Sonic/Pirates!Gold/phantasiestarII for sega genesis/megaadrive

Since my good computer is dead at the moment I have tried finding some games that work on my not so good computer, which lead me to some of the old goldies. This weekend I have frantically been playing Magic: the gathering from 1997 by Microprose. I had completely forgotten how good that game was. You had all the cards at you disposal from the cool expansion sets(as well as all those awesome good ones you never got more than one of in the card game)

It is somewhat double-up on the nostagic-meter since I played the cardgame as well, in just playing a few hours I was brought back to many fond memories of sitting after school in a classroom with 5 classmates to play magic until 19:00.

I had forgotten how much fun Ace Combat 5 was. WELL THEN!

Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Phantasy Star Online, the Super Star Wars series, and Super Mario Bros 3.

You guys got any games you miss? Back when I was young, my school had a ton of games on our computers over the Schoolmaster. My Dad was a teacher there and he played Simcity 2000 after school a lot. I started too once. Now I haven't been able to play for about 10 years, and I really miss it. :(

civ2, simcity 3000, soldat, Empire Earth 1

Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 3, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Street Fighter II, Mortal Kombat II, Super Mario RPG, Goldeneye, Ocarina of Time, Civilizaton: Call to Power, Age of Empires II: Age of Kings, Grand Theft Auto 3, GTA: San Andreas

Civ 3 (vanilla), Ratchet & Clank 1-3, Civ IV (vanilla), Simcity 3000 Unlimited, Simcity 4, Medieval: Total War, Mario Kart 64, Age of Empires I: Rise of Rome, Age of Empires II: Age of Kings.

I am still a fanboi for FF7... :/

TANKS! That's all I know about it really. :( I don't even know what was the name of the piece of hardware it was running on. :( Eh was it.... dandy console? :confused: :dunno:
It was a bird view 2D game (obviously) where you had to protect the eagle or something and there was a brick wall around it and all kind of obstacles you could shoot. You had to destroy the opposing enemy tanks, naturally. The game of my childhood. :(

Army Men: World War. First time I ever registered at a forum was at 3DO's forums, where I made friends and started playing online for the first time. I also liked playing offline: since I kept my forces from mission to mission, I liked building this advanced army and completing the final mission in really elaborate ways.
Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force. Spent many happy dusk-til-dawn's playing CTF on the Green Destiny's Specialties server.
Star Trek Armada: Ditto playing with two friends on a set-piece map.
SimCity 2000: Friend of mine and I used to spend summers building cities in SCURK. Boy, was I surprised to learn that you could grow cities in the game itself if you knew what you were doing. Same for SimCity 3000...I used to play hooky from school so I could go home and
play.
The Sims, the original. It seems crushingly limited now, with aging and all, but back in the day I could stay up all night playing this. I loved telling stories and building a downtown that looked like a real place.
ANd of course, Civ3, which I discovered in my first year of community college and hooked several people on. I even installed it on the school's computers. :lol:

Sim City 3, and Roller Coaster Tycoon, still occasionally play them, classics never die!

I think MoO1 has some strengths in terms of scope---it focuses on the big picture and doesn't try to give too many minigames other than a tactical battle (though that one is kind of weak).

MoO2 tactical battles do a good job of being a minigame that is kind of complicated, kind of challenging, but not diverting either.

Hehehe, i have a few. I too am pretty nerdy.
I won 'Geek of the Week' for 256 weeks staight, then immediately noted it was a binary flush :D
I have owned MANY systems over the years.

Chaos, The Island of Dr. Destructo, Jet Set Willy, Paradroid and the 'Magic Knight' games on 8bit
Civ', Deuteros, Laser Squad, Lords of Chaos, Speedball 2, Syndicate and Rainbow Islands on the Amiga.
Samurai Shodown and Star Control 2 on the 3D0.
Virtual On and Guardian Heroes on the Saturn.
Tenchu: Stealth Assasins and Front Mission 3 on PS1
Powerstone on Dreamcast.

I get that feeling for Morrowind, too. I still play it on PC, albeit HEAVILY modded.

Morrowind definitely. I had never experienced such a free form game such as it before and I fell utterly in love with it.

Top Bottom