1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Gangland Wars [Game Thread]

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by classical_hero, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Takhisis

Takhisis is it fall yet

Sorry classical, but it hink we had a bit of a mix-up, I ended up thinking I was still loyal to the Vipers -or more accurately, to Miss Tessmacher- after CivGeneral died.

2. Askthepizzaguy

Askthepizzaguy Know the Dark Side

No need to apologize, everything worked out in the end.

3. Takhisis

Takhisis is it fall yet

For you, not for me. I played the whole game thinking I was still a scummer. Which I was in a way -as a survivor- but, still…

4. Askthepizzaguy

I wanted to end the game with as many people converted to my scum faction as possible so that more people could win. I was so upset Zack died, when he was killed by the town in their death throes.

Survivalists, neutral whatevers, convertible townies, everyone I could, I was trying to leave alone or convert. If I had any clue you were no threat to me or a possible recruit, you would be standing here with me.

5. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

Your loyalties lied with Miss Tessmacher and since she did not become the boss, it means that you had no chance of being art of the people let out. You needed her to become boss for you to be part f the victory.

6. Takhisis

Takhisis is it fall yet

So I was a full cop? I could have used the headsup, you know…

7. classical_hero

One thing I am sure that no one would ever try again is to allow people to quote PM's from the host. What I was hoping to happen is that people would be creative and make some fantastic fakes so that it would bring some craziness to the thread, but unfortunately things did not plan out like I had hoped, so things got bad right from the get go. I was willing to take a risk with that aspect and unfortunately it did not work out like I had hopped.

8. classical_hero

Once Miss Tessmacher was arrested, you had no hope of being part of a mafia group, unless you got recruited or something. Since you were not directly part of the Vipers at the start meant you had to be waiting for Miss Tessmacher to take the lead of the group, which would have happened had dcmort93 used the forced lynch much sooner as I had hoped and then things would have been so much different.

9. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

I'm a little upset. The odds of completing my victory condition with the role I had were almost none, but others had it waaaaay easy.

10. Skwink

Skwink FRIIIIIIIIIITZ

Well I sent a fake to Duke Blackstone, and as far as I was aware he thought it was real.

11. classical_hero

That is the way life is. Most people simply had the role to survive, so I was hoping that since that was there only role, that they would fight tooth and nail to survive and it was possible if they realised that working with the mafia was the quickest way of doing that, then the game would have been over so much quicker. The goal of the mafia was not to be killing, but to be control the town and with most people being in survival mode it seems they just hoped for the best rather then be active and try to get a win earlier, which is why only one "townie" won with the mafia. Also the cops did not have to be doing good all the time, they could have been doing corrupt things and getting rich off the shopkeepers, but that did not happen.

12. Askthepizzaguy

I would suggest that had the vigilante not targeted you, Zack, you'd have won since I had already applied pressure to you, meaning you were on the fast track to winning with me/Vipers.

It was a bad luck shot for the town to hit you instead of me or BSmith, and bad luck for you since you were basically one turn away from winning with us.

So, near impossible? Not so much. Bad outcome, yes, but you were nearly there. You had done everything right to survive up to that point, and the remaining mafia considered you an ally. Blast the vigilantes....

Also, Serial Killer went inactive after killing me. LAME.

13. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

This is mafia...

14. Takhisis

Takhisis is it fall yet

It was still an enjoyable game, c_h. :hatsoff:

15. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

:)

Spoiler :

TBH I would have rather been a vanilla innocent. I had no abilities, no concept AT ALL of game concepts, and my only VC was to survive. Because of this, I couldn't really try to go after scumbags, for fear of getting nightkilled, so the only possible way for me to accomplish my victory was to do absolutely nothing and try to win the dirty way, which isn't fun. At all. Just changing my VC to a standard town VC would have made the game much more enjoyable for me. Not to mention how much it angered me to see players like Camikaze, who not only started out with Viper protection, but didn't have to survive nearly as long as I did to win the game.

Just keep that in mind for future games. Ask yourself, "How would I feel if I received this role?" :)

16. Earthling

Earthling Deity

Nah, Zack, I'm going to continue to make that single role that's worse than a vanilla Innocent in every game just for the chance of it going randomly to you. Random.org likes being that way you know, it has its own little secrets for all of us.

Spoiler :

Though yeah, I agree with how some of the "you should just survive" shopkeepers had it here, as a spectator. Kinda glad I wasn't part of this one though, man it took a while to wrap up and lost a lot of steam, bad luck.

17. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

Eh, I didn't mind. :p

18. classical_hero

@Zach. You were so close to winning, that you were very much unlucky in not winning. The beauty of most shopkeepers is that they could have won if they sided with the mafia or if they had sided with the upper echelon of the cops. The odds were quite good of winning if people were more active behind the scenes, where I was expecting lots of backstabbing to happen and people changing who they though would be on the winning side and thus try and play both sides. Perhaps I was asking too much. Also Camikaze and Choxorn could have failed there goals if those who had their primary goal of surviving had made pats with the mafia to be working with them, since that was quickest way of getting a victory.

19. BSmith1068

BSmith1068 Deity Retired Moderator

As a simple shopkeeper that only had a goal of survival, I was fine with the role. I was able to work behind the scenes to try to influence things (which I think I did fairly well) and that ultimately got me recruited and secured my win.