• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Grounds for invasion?

Would you support an invasion of a nation that meets the criteria outlined in the OP?

• Yes.

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • No!

Votes: 56 75.7%

• Total voters
I'm surprised you didn't tack on "Manifest Destiny, fools!" Just for good measure. :)
"Gloire", "acquisition of economic or geopolitical advantages", and "upholding nationalistic and historical claims" work for that. :p

People in foreign countries are people too?

Its their responsibility to change circumstances in their own country. ''Regime change'' doesn't work.

However if the force is invited by the government to help them stabilise security it would be acceptable. Although thats more humanitarian aid than an invasion.

Who added the tag ''Anti-Americanism''?

If they're unable to, sucks to be them.

If they're unable to, sucks to be them.
Let be known to all that choxorn looks at Sudanese genocide victims and says "sucks to be them".

I'm not saying that to be mean, I'm saying it to make a point.

Do you think I've been remotely serious at any point in this thread? :p

Tell that to a kid in Sudan or North Korea.

Ah. You aren't advocating invading other countries because you hate those governments. You are doing it for the children.

I wonder how many children died in Iraq due to the embargo and the wars...

And, ironically, they hate your own government for the very same reason. They hate it because of what it does to their own people. Just ask the Iraqis. The CIA calls it "blowback". And the more you do it, the more terrorists it generates.

And, ironically, they hate your own government for the very same reason.
I don't know exactly who you're claiming to speak for when you say "they", but I don't think they could hate the US government for severely oppressing and genociding the American people, since that kind of thing isn't happening here.

I don't know exactly who you're claiming to speak for when you say "they", but I don't think they could hate the US government for severely oppressing and genociding the American people, since that kind of thing isn't happening here.

It's about Iraqis hating the US for killing Iraqis. And how the hell do you spell those people from Iraq?

It's about Iraqis hating the US for killing Iraqis.
Oh, well if that's the case, I can understand. If I had to live with a foreign army patrolling my streets I would feel plenty of animosity towards them too. The whole situation is bad, I don't like it either. But I think it's worse to allow people to live under genocidal dictators when we have the capacity to do something about it.
And how the hell do you spell those people from Iraq?
It's Iraqis, you got it right.

At least the Russians are finally starting to like us!

No! That is failure!

To paraphrase the great Riley, Philosophical Extraordinaire, of the Boondocks: "If other countries ain't mad at you, then you must be doing somethin' wrong."

a) weapons of mass destruction?

WMD= Current buzzword. A weapon is still a weapon, regardless if it's a sword, or an orbital mass driver. WMD or not, all nations have weapons.

b) has threatened to use aforementioned weapons?

What's the circumstance of those threats? Is it, "If you use your WMD on me, I will use my WMD on you"? Grounds for invading the US and Russia?

c) has experienced election fraud on the local and state - and allegedly national - levels, with poor compensation by the federal government?

What nation hasn't experienced election fraud? There's fraud in every nation. Just because you haven't found any evidence, usually means it a really, really good fraud.

d) has been either unwilling or unable (due to bureaucracy and incompetence) to aid its citizens in the event of a major natural disaster?

Bureaucratic incompetence is not a valid reason for war. If that were the case, the DMV would have been attacked ages ago. Some natural disasters are beyond the scope of a government's resources. The volcano at Thera was beyond Crete's capability to respond, and hence, they were invaded.

Simple yes or no.

There are no simple answers.

Yes, they're cool, but only if you bring missiles. Explosions are more cool! ;)

Top Bottom