Guess the map 13: Mercator maps are cool, actually

Status
Not open for further replies.
Countries with covered spaces dating back 2000 years (purple) or 4000 years (yellow)?

I think it would help to count the number of countries colored on the map and keep in mind ancient wonders is the closest yet.

aaahhhh... the new 7 wonders of the world? (pyramids are the honorable 8th, IIRC)
- Machu Picchu
- Chichen Itza
- Christ the Redeemer
- The colosseum
- Petra
- Taj Mahal
- The Great Wall

probably not worth bringing up but whatever:

don't like that list of new wonders lol

especially the christ statue I feel isn't good enough

probably not worth bringing up but whatever:

don't like that list of new wonders lol

especially the christ statue I feel isn't good enough
Yeah, I am with you. All the great buildings that were turned down, and that industrial era thing gets it.

Nevertheless; it was a better quiz map than Denkt's previous posted map,
(not requiring knowledge of a computer game that i had not played).

Yes, that was a good map :).

Yeah, I am with you. All the great buildings that were turned down, and that industrial era thing gets it.

I also agree with this, bad choice.

But anyways, new map:
guess2.png

I re-coloured some countries from wikipedia, to better reflect the possible categories.

belarus/WHITERUSSIA is sort of famous for being out

anyway I'm assuming there are some special categories for the non-green countries (who I'm gonna guess are otherwise not in further categories) with some of the colours indicating overlaps

but beyond that I'm not sure

Is it meaningful that the turkish lakes are about the same colour as the EU?

Russia and Azerbaijan like sort of invaded neighbouring countries recently. Is it something like that?
Like maybe they're suspended or something

Current status regarding signature, ratification, non signature and repudiation of ratification of states for the
Council of Europe Convention on Preventing and Combating Violence Against Women and Domestic Violence.

Damn, too easy again :/.
Here we go, also known as the "Istanbul Convention", which I guess most people will probably have heard of in the meantime.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Istanbul_Convention

Green: Signed + ratified
Yellow: Signed, not ratified
Red: Not signed
My custom colours:
Purple: Announced to withdraw
Orange: Legislative issues with implementing (rejected by Bulgaria's high court and Slovakia's national assembly)

In the meantime we're used to Poland and Hungary being backwards, but WTF Great Britain :gripe:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom