H G Well's The War of the Worlds

3 Ravens and Medwynn: Are you sure the mod folder is named "War of the worlds test" and that it is installed in the "Scenarios" folder? IIRC the palace is one of the first things that is loaded when starting the mod, so if he doesn't find it it would give a quick crash....

3 Ravens and Medwynn: Are you sure the mod folder is named "War of the worlds test" and that it is installed in the "Scenarios" folder? IIRC the palace is one of the first things that is loaded when starting the mod, so if he doesn't find it it would give a quick crash....

Flamand, I never thought of that, but if they installed it to s different directory or renamed it then that could possibly be the problem. If that turns out to be the problem thanks a million my friend. :D

Cheers, Thorgrimm

@Flamand - That's it! Works perfectly now. Incidently, I just extracted the folder from the rar file. This didn't have the 'test' bit on the end. :goodjob:

@Thorgrimm - Playing now. Lookin' good, buddy! :king:

@Flamand - That's it! Works perfectly now. Incidently, I just extracted the folder from the rar file. This didn't have the 'test' bit on the end. :goodjob:

@Thorgrimm - Playing now. Lookin' good, buddy! :king:

medwynn, glad to see you can play the mod now. Have fun killing all humans! :D

Cheers, Thorgrimm

Flying Machine

^
^
^The Martians came to the conclusion that to outlive Mars they were going to have to colonize another planet. Unfortunately the only one they could find was inhabited by a primitive lifeform known as man. They needed to convert their some of their technology for war to cleanse the Earth in preparation for colonization. One of the results was the Flying Machine.
^
^Having to take into Earth's atmosphereic problems, the Martian Jet Ships were equipped with duel rockets, to withstand the gravity.

Blood Farm

^
^
^One thing that the Martians truely needed from the human race was their blood. Through several millenia of evolution the Martians lost their circulatory system and had to rely on other species for a temporary liquid 'transportation' system. (It should be noted that it is unknown what the Martians used as prey on Mars)
^
^Once Earth was attacked the Martians set up Blood Farms to siphoun the "Precious Liquid" from the pathetic race known as man. Afterwards it was either injected into a Martian breathing membrane, or it was sprayed on the ground to encourage the growth of 'Red Weed'.

Lord Malbeth, Those look good, except for the lil bit taken from the Tom Cruise abortion. I will snip out the portion about spraying it on the ground to encourage Red Weed growth.

Also, according to HG they injected it directly into their bodies. But they did have a 'lipless' mouth.

Also, in the HG Wells short story the Crystal Egg he describes the Martian 'prey', a bi pedal, thin, creature.:D

So here will be the final entries;

Flying Machine

^
^
^The Martians came to the conclusion that to outlive Mars they were going to have to colonize another planet. Unfortunately the only one they could find was inhabited by a primitive lifeform known as man. They needed to convert some of their technology for war to cleanse the Earth in preparation for colonization. One of the results was the Flying Machine.
^
^Having to take into account the Earth's thick atmosphere and extreme gravity, the Martian gravometric ships were equipped with duel variable anti-grav pods, to withstand the gravity.

Blood Farm

^
^
^One thing that the Martians truly needed from the human race was their blood. Through several millenia of evolution the Martians had lost all their internal organs, except for their circulatory system, and had to rely on other species for a source of pre-digested nutrients in the guise of fresh blood. (It should be noted that on Mars the octopi-like invaders used a bi-pedal lifeform as a food source.)
^
^Once Earth was attacked the Martians set up Blood Farms to siphon the 'Precious Liquid' from the primitive race known as man. When the 'farm' was set up humans were gathered, lobotomised, and given an extrat from the Red Weed to increase blood production ten fold. With this process the Martians could extract ten quarts of blood per week per human. Unfortunately the human could only be kept alive for three months then the marrow would begin to breakdown and the human had to be terminated and replaced. After extraction the blood was sent to the Resource Exchange for purchase by the Martian populace. where it was then injected by the purchaser directly into it's body for ingestion.

Good job, and keep up the good work!:goodjob:

Cheers, Thorgrimm

So here will be the final entries
May I suggest you proofread c a r e f u l l y before judging them final. For example, spell-checking software won't notice that "duel" should be "dual". And that's not the only error. ;)

This looks very interesting but a small problem cant tell what year or month it is all it says is airfield for the date anyone know why this is.?and also whats the purpose for workers when you click automate they disband and give you shields for your city.?are they supposed to do that and why.?other then that looks awesome.PS whats the graphic download do.and does it effect just this scenario or the game itself.?

May I suggest you proofread c a r e f u l l y before judging them final. For example, spell-checking software won't notice that "duel" should be "dual". And that's not the only error. ;)

@Blue Monkey might I suggest that if you are going to be a smart@$$ you take it somewhere else? if you have CONSTRUCTIVE criticism add it, otherwise goodbye.

For one, I caught the spelling errors before I added it to the civilopedia.

@Dferril, the mod requires the 1.22 patch for conquests. That is why you are getting the label errors.

The gfx goody pak only adds start screens and another beginning movie. Nothing required, only for aesthetic purposes.:D

Cheers, Thorgrimm

@Blue Monkey might I suggest that if you are going to be a smart@$$ you take it somewhere else? if you have CONSTRUCTIVE criticism add it, otherwise goodbye.

@Dferril, the mod requires the 1.22 patch for conquests. That is why you are getting the label errors.

The gfx goody pak only adds start screens and another beginning movie. Nothing required, only for aesthetic purposes.:D

Cheers, Thorgrimm
I have civ 3 complete 1.29f version does that make a difference only ran into this problem with this scenario i have many other scenarios installed it only happens with this one isnt 1.29f newer then 1.22?

I have civ 3 complete 1.29f version does that make a difference only ran into this problem with this scenario i have many other scenarios installed it only happens with this one isnt 1.29f newer then 1.22?

@dferril, IIRC, that patch is for Vanilla Civ, I think you still need the C3C 1.22 patch.:)

Cheers, Thorgrimm

Earth Studies

^
^
^Before the impending attack the Martians created several labratories to aid in the research of the planet Earth. Through these labs they discovered how modern man lived, moved about, and interacted with his enviroment.
^
^Once the Martians landed they began setting up labs on Earth so as to learn about the soil, atmosphere, native fauna and flora, and more importantly how humans dealt with the invasion force.

Copper

^
^
^Copper is a metal used in military equipment.
^It is also the primary resource used by the Martians to build their Fighting, Flying, and Wading, machines.
^After the landing force arrived they immediately set up a copper forge to extract the metal to build combat tripods.

Silicon

^
^
^Silicon is a metal used primarily by the Martians to construct their war-machines.
^Silicon is less reactive than its chemical analog carbon, which is one of the reasons it is used for weapons

Earth Studies

^
^
^Before the impending attack the Martians created several labratories to aid in the research of the planet Earth. Through these labs they discovered how modern man lived, moved about, and interacted with his enviroment.
^
^Once the Martians landed they began setting up labs on Earth so as to learn about the soil, atmosphere, native fauna and flora, and more importantly how humans dealt with the invasion force.

Copper

^
^
^Copper is a metal used in military equipment.
^It is also the primary resource used by the Martians to build their Fighting, Flying, and Wading, machines.
^After the landing force arrived they immediately set up a copper forge to extract the metal to build combat tripods.

Silicon

^
^
^Silicon is a metal used primarily by the Martians to construct their war-machines.
^Silicon is less reactive than its chemical analog carbon, which is one of the reasons it is used for weapons

And added. Keep up the good work!:goodjob:

Cheers, Thorgrimm

One Green Sheep, One White Crow ...

Better Francis than Pinocchio.

Goodbye.

The first (third circle) is probably caused by the equivalent to the CFC Autospacer for the civpedia; basically to fix it just periodically hit enter on notepad to advance just one line in it without putting the ^ in there to break up the text. Then it should be fixed. (I do it once every line of text)

The second is probably a misaligned script.txt file.

I had the same airfield problem, then but I copied the standard C3C "labels.txt" to the mod folder and it was solved.

I had the same airfield problem, then but I copied the standard C3C "labels.txt" to the mod folder and it was solved.

Flamand, so the civ complete does not need the patches for c3c? I only have the expansions that came out, not the total package version.

Cheers, Thorgrimm

Me neither. Just vanilla and C3C...

Thorgrimm said:
Flamand, so the civ complete does not need the patches for c3c? I only have the expansions that came out, not the total package version.

No, they're atuomatically installed when you install Civ3 Complete...

Top Bottom