Have you heard about the Polish Death Camps?

We don't have any militia. I thought this was not standard fare. Does Britain have one? (they have full mercenary/zero draft army so how can you have a militia in this case?).
And the US has more militia other than a fabled well-regulated one to take form? :)
There's the Territorial Army. (~40,000 - the regular UK Army is about 80,000).

Doesn't that qualify as a militia?

Myself I never heard about the Polish Death Camps. Reading the title, the holocaust did not even come to mind. I figured that maybe pre-WWII Poland had some Polish Death Camps. They were pretty authoritarian and militaristic, I hear, so actual Polish Death Camps seemed within the realm of possibilities to me. I actually have to agree talking about Auschwitz as the "Polish Death Camps" is an odd choice of words. Unless, I guess, you were already talking about Nazi Death Camps and only said Polish Death Camp to differentiate between those Polish Death Camps and Death Camps which were not on Polish soil. I suppose it would be more precise to say "Death Camp in Poland" or, as I just did, "Death Camp on Polish soil" rather than Polish Death Camp, but since you were already talking explicitly about Nazi rather than Polish Death Camps, that imprecision of saying Polish Death Camp seems okayish to me.
I am skeptical that the use of the phrase "Polish Death Camps" has lead to any actual misconceptions regarding Polish Death Camps, however. Or is there actually a meaningful trend to think of Polish Death Camps as actual Polish Death Camps? Never noticed that.
But having written this post, I definitely will be more considerate about my use of Polish Death Camp.

Myself I never heard about the Polish Death Camps. Reading the title, the holocaust did not even come to mind. I figured that maybe pre-WWII Poland had some Polish Death Camps. They were pretty authoritarian and militaristic, I hear, so actual Polish Death Camps seemed within the realm of possibilities to me.
After Soviet-Polish war (1919-1921), 20.000-80.000 Soviet POWs perished in Polish captivity due to illness and starvation. From 25% to 50% of total captured.

True, On the other hand, those death rates look like a thing you could have anticipated and just decided to not prevent. Obviously, capturing soldiers and letting a lot of them die is different to capturing civilians with the intend to kill them. Still, death camp sounds kinda appropriate to both of them, to my ears. Also obviously, the Soviets got little high ground regarding the treatment of prisoners.
The Americans could also be quit careless about German prisoners. There definitely were a whole lot more deaths than were necessary. I won't even talk about the Germans ;)

And the US has more militia other than a fabled well-regulated one to take form?

It's not "fabled". For all intents and purposes, the National Guard is a very well-trained (by militia standards) and well-equipped government sponsored militia.

I mean a future militia to be formed on the basis of the second amendment :)

Well, that's kinda what the National Guard is. It fulfills the "well-regulated militia" part of the Second Amendment.

Top Bottom