Have you personally achieved anything you feel pride in?

Thank you. Now I feel confident in telling you you're laughably incorrect and that you have demonstrated a very poor understanding of the medical profession.
And yet the laws of incentives hold true.

Thank you. Now I feel confident in telling you you're laughably incorrect and that you have demonstrated a very poor understanding of the medical profession.

LOL...how did that make a difference? You and everyone else knew exactly what I meant all along. Now I've just bruised your ego so you feel justified in puffing up a bit.

You know, a lot of people say that but I have to wonder. "You don't need drugs to get high, only meditation" says a bunch of meditators whose frame of "getting high" came from taking drugs earlier in their path.

It is easier to get places when you've been there. There's no point refusing to acknowledge that. Unfortunately short cuts are addictive, especially in that case.

It's always annoying to me that the realization that the climb wasn't necessary only comes after the climb.
Every climb is an experience with its own value. If you wouldnt need it you wouldnt be doing this, right? The sense of annoyance come from some feeling of insuficiency, I pressume.

Every climb is an experience with its own value. If you wouldnt need it you wouldnt be doing this, right? The sense of annoyance come from some insuficiency, I pressume.

It's an indulgence I allow myself at times like this.

And yet the laws of incentives hold true.

To an extent, sure. Someone who is morally bankrupt will be morally bankrupt regardless of the profession.

LOL...how did that make a difference? You and everyone else knew exactly what I meant all along. Now I've just bruised your ego so you feel justified in puffing up a bit.

It made a difference because if you're being direct, there is no debate about what you meant or the potential of claimed projection.

Doctors absolutely do not see everything as a medical condition. By no metric is this true. It is, dare I say it, blatantly false. Please provide evidence that doctors diagnose everyone who walks through the door to get at that sweet healthcare cash (really only applicable in countries that charge their citizens insane amounts of money for medical care) and apparent predisposition in their occupation (where the task is to apparently slap a condition on everyone instead of employing a coherent diagnostic approach).

One that's on my mind is "Low-T." I've been beginning to suspect that, if I bothered, a doctor could diagnose me with "Low-T"

I'm in my fifties. This "condition" I have would once have been regarded as "getting older." Now it's pathologized--and treatable!

I notice from TV commercials that there are multiple treatments available if your eyes don't water enough.

It made a difference because if you're being direct, there is no debate about what you meant or the potential of claimed projection.

Just as an exercise, try to find somewhere that I said something snotty and then when called on it claimed that it was not what I meant. I meant to be snotty to medical professionals as soon as you brought them up, and wouldn't have backtracked on a bet.

Doctors absolutely do not see everything as a medical condition. By no metric is this true. It is, dare I say it, blatantly false. Please provide evidence that doctors diagnose everyone who walks through the door to get at that sweet healthcare cash (really only applicable in countries that charge their citizens insane amounts of money for medical care) and apparent predisposition in their occupation (where the task is to apparently slap a condition on everyone instead of employing a coherent diagnostic approach).

"Sweet healthcare cash" is not really the point, though I really like the turn of phrase.

One that's on my mind is "Low-T." I've been beginning to suspect that, if I bothered, a doctor could diagnose me with "Low-T"

I'm in my fifties. This "condition" I have would once have been regarded as "getting older." Now it's pathologized--and treatable!

You would be diagnosed with low testosterone if you had low testosterone.

Who will diagnose me with "getting older"?

Along with my own passing reference, ADD.

Normal childhood behaviors now all have names ending in disorder and are treatable with pills. But only if the pills are prescribed by the keepers of the temple...err, highly trained professionals. No self medication allowed...even if that self medication involves simple self awareness rather than chemistry.

Just as an exercise, try to find somewhere that I said something snotty and then when called on it claimed that it was not what I meant. I meant to be snotty to medical professionals as soon as you brought them up, and wouldn't have backtracked on a bet.

It was more a reference to your discussion with Yung earlier. Misunderstandings or turns of phrases can easily be, well, misunderstood.

"Sweet healthcare cash" is not really the point, though I really like the turn of phrase.

You made a point of saying doctors are financially motivated to diagnose everyone. This claim would be more true in a healthcare climate like America's than it would, for example, the UK's. I don't think it's true either way but the region does change the specifics.

That might be how a logger's line of thinking would size things up, yes.

You made a point of saying doctors are financially motivated to diagnose everyone. This claim would be more true in a healthcare climate like America's than it would, for example, the UK's. I don't think it's true either way but the region does change the specifics.

Actually I said they are financially and temporally invested in following the human predisposition to use the tool at hand.

You are saying that they not only are not following that human predisposition, they are not following it despite everything they have invested in the tool.

While I am not totally consistent in despising medical professionals, I am unwilling to grant this fantastic claim.

Who will diagnose me with "getting older"?
Anyone who accepts that the time we experience in this universe is linear and proceeding forward. You're older today than you were yesterday, so you're getting older.

That wasn't so hard, was it? If you need more information, look up the episode "Emissary" from the first season of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

Along with my own passing reference, ADD.

Normal childhood behaviors now all have names ending in disorder and are treatable with pills. But only if the pills are prescribed by the keepers of the temple...err, highly trained professionals. No self medication allowed...even if that self medication involves simple self awareness rather than chemistry.
Self-awareness & doing away with the labels society/family/"professionals" have given you, it sounds easy but then come the labels you've given yourself, the labels without name, that are so deeply felt they don't even feel like a label but actual reality... Remember, most of who we are is formed early, early early, pre-verbal, infantile & toddler programming about right/wrong, praise/blameworthy, noble/sinful, fun/dull. That's why I'm so skeptical of most therapy, dancing around with language trying to define what is, in essence, beyond words, beyond description.

I suppose meditation is supposed to be the ultimate deprograming but the magnitude of the task, at least in my case, is daunting.

I've achieved alot and a little. Very often (almost always) I'm ashamed of how little I've achieved in my 37 1/2 years (and counting!) but in other moments I marvel at the few small but significant things I have considering my many obstacles, first world obstacles to be sure but obstacles nonetheless.

Happy New Years a day early to all, wishing everyone clarity... or perhaps more importantly the temporary parting of the clouds necessary to have that clarity.

Low T, ADD, eyes don't water enough (too lazy to look up the medical jargon name for this treatable and desperate disorder)...

But my favorite is "non-24 disorder."

Self-awareness & doing away with the labels society/family/"professionals" have given you, it sounds easy but then come the labels you've given yourself, the labels without name, that are so deeply felt they don't even feel like a label but actual reality...

So...question...if these labels which you acknowledge that you gave to yourself have the power to create your actual reality...and you managed this feat while toddling about, or not even toddling...how is it that you, the accomplished 37 and a half and counting year old that you are, can't manage to repeat the trick?

Top Bottom