Have you personally achieved anything you feel pride in?

Lohrenswald

世界的 bottom ranked physicist
I don't

I apologise in advance if I say anything mean or whatever in this thread

I got my black belt in tang soo do when I was fifteen. Unfortunately there was no studio where we moved to a couple months later so I never got to advance past first degree (and I sure don't look like it anymore) but the discipline still comes through sometimes so hey.

I also accidentally kicked a kid in the face during warm-ups one time but heyyyyyy we're not talking about that

Yeah, a few things, much more I'm not proud of.

Every day I took care of my daughter when her mom was sick/lazy I'm proud of for one.

nah, it's just "how I am" or whatever

There's also the whole aspect of whether or not I'd think that's something worth remember or whatever, but I honestly think I'd forget

Yes, many things. I was raised treated poorly, so I have a larger bucket to fill so I can look myself in the mirror in the morning. It's pretty full, though.

One thing I've noticed about people on this planet is that anything they do up to a certain age they feel pride in. After that its all guilt about the stuff they did.

I was quite happy with graduating university. It helped that during finals week of my last semester I got a job so I felt proud that -- after going for the entire year thinking I'd leave with no prospects --things actually worked out.That was the only pride I've felt.

I was happy with 2 races I have ran in my life (one high school, one 2015). Nothing special but they made me happy

In my offline life? I won a music award one year... highest mark for my grade level for the Western Board of Music organ exams. I've still got the medal (it was packed away for 25+ years and I found it a few weeks ago).

Online... I'm still feeling pretty good about NaNoWriMo and have been diligent about prepping for next year.

You play the organ? Love organ music...

Only a few things, some sound negligible but are important to me. The single most important, however, is that I always treated my partners really well and with respect. Even being taunted/insulted in past relationships, never snapped, never did anything hurtful. I've done a lot of writing, essays, short stories, reviews, papers.. But only a single sentence that I'm really proud of. For some reason this feels really good. Maybe in the future I can do a whole paragraph. Makes me go on, you know? When I was a teen I got rid off of a heavy video game addiction and lost something like 80 pounds. There are some private acts of bravery, but those are not meant for this forum. I'm not content, but I don't think I'm doing too terrible either.

Top Bottom