HHS Sebelius is finally resigning

What balances out the debacle of the roll out? How many puppies does she need to save to balance out that nonsense of the roll out?

The initial roll out was an unmitigated debacle.

The benefits of the ACA do not moderate her roll in it. She was responsible for the roll out, not, say, the ACA allowing adult children to stay on their parents' insurance. She doesn't get credit for that.
Fair point, but if she's responsible for the present condition of the website, then she should get credit for that as well. And it's working really well now (though it buckled briefly at the last minute) and more importantly, it presents the information necessary to make healthcare decisions in a good way and makes the process relatively easy considering how complicated it is.

That, and she continued to fight for the bill in congressional hearings and in public and ardently defended parts that came under continued assault (birth control for sluts! [to paraphrase Limbaugh]).

It's just subsidizing fatties Hobbs. :mischief:

Hold that thought a minute.

It was kind of like the Iraq War, except the beginning was botched during the shock and awe phase rather than the remainder being botched.

Although Iraq had these kind of camps:

Why people keep trying to put a spin on camping instead of eating burnt sandwiches at a picnic like your supposed to is beyond me.

I'm still confused on the timing here--I get the point the Vox piece is making on her expertise being required to fix the problems, ceremonial firings aren't effective, and so on. But if the intention was that she would be fired resign gracefully all along because of the bad rollout, why wasn't this done sooner for the political points? Now, the Obama administration has converted a news cycle talking about the promising-looking numbers into one about the head of the agency resigning.

Because now they can maintain the facade of her departure being a "mission accomplished" victory lap (based on those promising-looking numbers), rather than because of the rollout debacle itself.

Top Bottom