How is your EU3 Game going?

i don't regret going for DW, even if i can't play mods like CU, i would rather wait for them to get their updates than go back to (laggy) HttT.
DW is much faster, has pretty graphics, some new features, you CAN CALL YOUR ALLIES (something that you couldn't, what with you not being able to call allies to the war in HttT? unrealistic), the only really bad thing is the steppe_horde, but like i said before, change a line and you'll have it like in HttT, with all the good points of DW.

i would never leave DW to go back to HttT, even if i could. DW is much better overall

No he doesn't, I too use a perfectly Normal HTTT.
(purely because I'd lose all my disc space, but there you go)

There's this awesome tool called "add and remove programs" that lets you free up space. You can also pick up a 1TB hard drive for $50.

You must be from a time when hard drives had less than 250 GB at minimum. I'm sure you have a ton of space filled with useless crap like downloads.

Back on topic, here's my Dutch game after some more playing:

Spoiler Europe and North Africa :

Spoiler Americas :

Bavaria, which has been the HRE for about a century, is now extremely powerful, almost as much as Burgundy. Britain has large armies on the Home Islands, but is still largely crippled since the time I forced it to release a load of states, although they are trying to become a colonial power. Castille attempted to go up against Portugal, Aragon and Bavaria, but got absolutely slaughtered, so I took most of Morocco off them and forced them to release Tripoli. The Hansa is also very powerful in Europe, and is a colonial power in Central America. Although Aragon and Portugal both have very valuable colonies in the Caribbean, they are allied to Bavaria, so I can't attack them. :(

Although most of Dutch South America have been colonized by me, and most of Dutch North America has been taken from either the Cherokee or the British, who are a constantly vulnerable target due to them being on an island and not being able to invade the mainland with substantial force, as well as not being allied to anyone powerful. The fact that I'm the most advanced in every tech except Production tech (where I'm second most advanced) also helps :D

The dark blue in Florida and Mexico is Sweden, whom I'm allied with.

Hey so I want to show the farthest extend of my empire. How do I export those big maps with the white ocean and the province locations and neighboring coutnries?

Press F12, it will take a world map picture. Then navigate to your game folder, and you should find a file callrd 'screenshots'... It will be in there. :)

F12 is map with all countries, Shift+F12 is you and your vassals. Unless that's not what you asked.
A game as holland, I'm waiting for Utrecht to core, it's 1423.
Denmark and England are my allies, both almost got me killed. Everytime I defeated an Austrian Army, France and Burgundy'd have put one in Hainault or Zeeland.
Eventually I had to give up north Brittany.
Spoiler Holland, soon to be le Netherlands :

Spoiler World :

WHAT YOU CAN'T SEE:
Denmark is almost COMPLETELY OCCUPIED by Austria.

My Prussia, I'm still in union with Mazovia:lol: and waiting for my king to die before his heir who has 7 in millitary skill, I want the Prussian millitary reforms damit. But alas my heir is 31 years old:cry:

every german minor except for alsace and baden are my vassals. Austria are thankfully my ally, which ofcoarse means anyone declaring war on either of us is gonna feel the full wrath of germanic culture:hammer: furthermore thay have a really bad reputation because they annexed Milan, so I dont think thye are gonna drag me into any unwanted war at the moment.
But at one point in this game there is gonna be the mother of all wars between the two of us. A war I have been preparing for since we got a border between us, every province bordering them has built lvl 4 fortresses and im building lvl 3 and 4 in the next line.

Religious map, Austria are the only protestant nation left, the rest I have force converted

World map, I have begun colonizing Quebec and Venezuela as well as a single province in south africa in order for me to get closer to funding an east asian trade company. The big players are me, Austria, the Ottomans and GB. Scandinavia has been balkanized into Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Gotland and Scandinavia, and the Papal States control Skåne:crazyeye:

and me and my vassals

That Mali's gonna collapse, trust me. In my Italy game, Segu conquered the Mali-Kanem line only to be disposed by a giant Kanem-Bornu. Which will probably be followed by Mali by Songhai, and then the world will find rest. I hope.

That's not what I'm "hearting"

Look closer. ;)

Eastern Europe makes my eyes hurt. :ack:

What's the writing say just to the left of 'Golden' of the Golden Horde?

Probably Nizhny Novgorod.

But yes, Eastern Europe's a massive mess ever since the Golden Horde collapsed into itself due to rebels.

Though I do particularly like how the Golden Horde is now the Rainbow Horde.

1703 and no russia :rotfl:

No, I have been working very hard to keep muscovy away from becoming a power to deal with, that is why I have balkanized eastern europe

Well I completed my first EU3 game! And all without being overwhelmed by rebels! I was primarily a Pacific power, making Australia mine before the Portuguese could completely colonize over New Zealand. Set up a colony along the Ivory Coast in attempt to get closer to the lucrative European markets while making nice with any European neighbors in Africa or ships that come within range of my colonies. I certainly could afford the gifts with the markets in Alexander, India and China. I also had a lot of colonists after Africa so I thought to colonize North America before Navarra could colonize the Pacific Northwest. Eventually I colonized that as well as So-Cal before Canada formed on the North California/Oregon coast.

Otherwise, that's Austrian Mexico, Scandinavian Texas, the Portuguese South, Breton Yucatan Peninsula. Not bad for a first game, I should hope!

Top Bottom