1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How is your EU3 Game going?

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by TheLastOne36, Sep 1, 2009.

1. west india man

west india man Immortal

Spoiler Europe :

Spoiler Americas :

France is now officially Balkanized, Britain was forced to release a series of countries by me* after Sweden forced them to stop the vassalization of Tyrone. On another note, I founded exactly 3 colonies in the Americas myself, and took all my other colonies from Aragon, Portugal and Britain. :D

*Said countries being Naples, Sardinia, Genoa, Corsica, Scotland, Leinster, Munster, Connacht, Wales, Northumberland and Cornwall.

EDIT: I've also converted to Protestant, due to all my provinces except Utrecht being Protestant when I converted.

2. Optical

Optical The Fall of the Eleventh

I see Bohemia exploded...

3. Racsoviale

Racsoviale Smoke me a kipper!

I finally got a computer that can play EU 3, so guess I have been doing the last 3 days:woohoo:

This is my Brandenburg - Prussia- (and I hope) Germany. It took ages to form Prussia because I had a string of 4-5 kings who all sucked hard. I know my borders are ugly but I have been leading a personal union with Mazovia for 150 years and when the game said it would be inherited on monarch death nothing happened, is that a bug?

My only uncored province is Leipzig which I just annexed, with its sweet CoT:) I have been working on balkanizing eastern europe, which has made Austria (and the Ottomans) quite strong, but I have good(200) relations with them and the rest of the empire since I am emperor and that bestow imperial grace option is a godsend regarding getting good relations with large nations.

GB has conquored all of France, which I have been at war with lots of times, and I am winning every war I have been at with, but my WE keeps forcing me to sign white peace with them and even then I have to occupy almost all of France to do that.

The religious map of europe has become awesomely split between protestants, reformed and catholics. I force converted Scandinavia so even though it is hard to tell on the map they are part of the reformed block.

Why havent you gobbled up all the rich north german minors yet? because unlawful imperial territory is so annoying and I spend a lot of the first 100 years learning that the hard way with me annexing Pomerannia and Meissen. but here are how this looks in reality. I have been emperor since forever because all the electors are my vassals.

and finally a world map

I am getting close to be able to build my first colony in new foundland, not that I really need it, but I want to have colonies as well, and forming my own little colonial empire in Quebec would be nice.

Damn I had forgot how much I love this game. but losing all the provincial decisions I made when forming Prussia sucks, is that working as intended? because I felt a bit cheated when I realized that.

Sorry about the long post but I am so excited over being able to play this game again

Owen Glyndwr: gratz on forming Germany, regarding cores. Do you get them on all germanic cultured provinces?

4. T_F

T_F Reynardine the Great

Well that'll do it :p

Just because it says 'inherit on monarch death' doesn't mean that's guaranteed to happen. Inheritance is pretty much random - there are factors that affect it, but no one really understands it well. AFAIK, the tooltip just tells you what's most likely.
    It may not be a bug, but that is some pretty bad luck :p

5. Tee Kay

Tee Kay Justice guaranteed

It would also be quite difficult since Mazovia is probably in a different culture group.

6. salty mud

salty mud Ey-up

I think what he means is he got the event where the game tells you that you will inherit on monarch death, which he didn't. Same thing happened to me.

7. Owen Glyndwr

Owen Glyndwr La Femme Moderne

Dude, you gotta update that to DW.

8. Civ'ed

Civ'ed I ain't gotta explain a thing

No he doesn't, I too use a perfectly Normal HTTT.
    (purely because I'd lose all my disc space, but there you go)

9. salty mud

salty mud Ey-up

No, he really does.

10. Civ'ed

Dude, there's a very new AAR at the Paradox forums, the guy writing it has IN.

11. Civ'ed

My C drive has 8,91 GB left, and considering this was only 3 GB a few hours ago...

12. Joecoolyo

Joecoolyo 99% Lightspeed

Bah, mine has 643 MB left!

Anyhoo, current shot of mah Scotland game:

Spoiler :

Also, I lol'd at this:

Spoiler :

And I heart Mali:

Spoiler :

13. Civ'ed

That Mali's gonna collapse, trust me. In my Italy game, Segu conquered the Mali-Kanem line only to be disposed by a giant Kanem-Bornu. Which will probably be followed by Mali by Songhai, and then the world will find rest. I hope.

14. salty mud

salty mud Ey-up

Eastern Europe makes my eyes hurt. :ack:

What's the writing say just to the left of 'Golden' of the Golden Horde?

15. Civ'ed

Ouch. Wish you hadn't mentioned Eastern Europe.
    I think the writing's either Tver or Nizhny Novgorod.

16. salty mud

salty mud Ey-up

It's hard to make out but I think I can see Novgorod, so it must be Nizhny.

Anyway, here's Bavaria again:

Coming along nicely, if a little slowly. I'm still afraid to exceed the infamy limit. Poland caught me off guard and I had to release 3 vassals, so if I face a coalition of Poland, Lithuania and France in an infamy war I'll probably be done for. Off image, the Americas look a bit messy with the main colonisers being England, Aragon, Portugal, Naples and Milan. Also, check dat Iberia out.

My hatred for all things Holy and Roman has been soothed:

Sooo satisfying to gobble up members of the empire, remove them from the empire and laugh that the emperor is powerless to stop me. :evil: Emperor is Milan, btw. EDIT: which you can clearly see.

17. Duke of Britain

Duke of Britain Emperor

you ppl should start playing mods...
    or at least low-agressiveness...
    :p

18. Racsoviale

Racsoviale Smoke me a kipper!

ok, that makes the mechanics easier to understand aka it is not meant for us puny mortals to know;)

Yep they are Polish, how much more difficult does that make the chances of inheritance if you have any idea? if it gets almost impossible I might just end the union and declare war instead

no, sorry for the misunderstanding, I meant the tooltip that pops up if you hover your mouse over target nations ruler. - If you lead a personal union with the nation the pop-up will either tell you that the persoanl union goes on, or that on monarch death it will get inherited(which seems to be based on pure speculation on the AIs part*)

The cascading alliances part has sort of put me off that expansion. From what I have read it seems to go way out of hand.

*I can almost change the AIs speculation on whether I will inherit or not purely by being at 100 prestige, low to zero infamy and 100 legitimacy, I have also been experimenting with ambassador advisers for higher diplo-rating than Mazovia. A lot of times it took no more than a drop to 95 prestige for the pop-up to tell me the union would continue, but after raising it to 100 again it said I would inherit.

BTW: it is 1680ish I finally got to form Prussia I'm slowly eating my way through my vassals and Mazovia is still in my union. I will never get pretty borders in this game:cry:

19. Duke of Britain

Duke of Britain Emperor

the cascading alliances thing isn't that bad, it will just happen when a new war leader joins the war (or somenoe with vassals/PUs joins), even then its only plausible, look at WWI to see a example of that kind of war :p

and worry not, in DAO i only inherited Prussia as Brandenburg rather late compared to when i just conquer the TO (i inherited them near 1700), despite this i had expanded a lot in the HRE, i took even longer for the millitary reforms. it was still a enjoyable game...i need to continue it later, i only need some years to core a province from integrated Bohemia...

20. Owen Glyndwr

Owen Glyndwr La Femme Moderne

Echoing what DoB says - cascading alliances really aren't bad at all, you just have to be careful about fighting wars in which it's likely that big boys like France or Burgundy are going to join, unless you want them to :mischief:. And really, the sheer amount of things that got added by DW - hell the map improvements in of themselves are enough to necessitate getting it.