How is your EU3 Game going?

it is still possible to play the game whiout a lot of inflation, maybe sometimes you need to mint early-game, but after like 50 years surely inflation should be in the process of being killed

But I need money for my troops. Lots and lots of troops. How else I can fight Austria for every Italian nation in HRE, or China (because everyone loves to fight China)? That's why the inflation only stabilizes at 50% instead of being slowly purged out. The soldiers demand pay.

Use strategy boy...how do you think England defeats France and wins the 100 years war? ;)
use defensive bonuses, good generals, and you can destroy a army twice your size!!!! (superior tech is also good)

Defensive bonuses and good generals are not good enough for me to feel truly secure. Only numerical advantage suffers. Seeing my 40,000 Tuscans defeating a 30,000 Austrian stack is always good.

On a side note, Aragon took and annexed Venice under my nose, preventing me from uniting Italy when I'll get a core on Liguria. Aragon is allied with Austria and Castille. That means recruiting more troops and more minting. Yay!

uh, actually, just dow a ally of Aragon, so maybe they'll not call their allies? or DOW when their allies are at war with somenoe...

but you need Liguria AND Venice? last time i formed Italy i could choose between these two provinces to form...

uh, actually, just dow a ally of Aragon, so maybe they'll not call their allies?
That would be cheating, especially since I play HTTT. And yeah, I need both Genoa and Venice. Maybe it's something in SRI, which served as a base for my personal mod.

Anyway, both Austria and Castille refused to fight in defense of Aragon. That makes my task easier.

In DW, you need the four or five around Rome, plus Lombardia.

Oh well, you're Italy, just dominate the Curia and you'll be having no problems with infamy, catholics are so much powerful when they dominate it...

the only game i played as a italian country was with Milan at SRI, oh well, was nice, i was just the biggest colonizer, discovered the Mayans, colonized them, colonized Cuba and most of the other islands...then started colonizing everything Spain did in OTL, in the end i had from Mexico until Argentina, oh well, my navy sucked, and i never got a big income from the colonies because of that, while i was the major power in the world until around 1720, after it i started to decline, countries like France and Austria started to have bigger techs, i never finished that game because of a Spain game i started to play. :p
i think my tariff eff was like 36%, because of the small navy and massive colonial empire, at least i had that thing that increased income, so that helped.

if you have high infamy, your Papal influence will be non-existent. Even as Greater Austria, controlling three and a half continents, and with the Reformation having utterly failed, I still had zero influence due to high infamy.

Why is Libya/Egypt yellow? Are you fighting with Castille for land?

Actually, I got Castille (my ally) into one of my wars against the Mamelukes, but they ended up taking those territories from the Mamelukes before I could impose peace conditions on them myself. :sad:

if you have high infamy, your Papal influence will be non-existent. Even as Greater Austria, controlling three and a half continents, and with the Reformation having utterly failed, I still had zero influence due to high infamy.

in my vanilla England save at one point i had 20+ infamy and around 6 or 7 cardinals :p but of course, in vanilla some of the NIs i always get are religious (Divine Supremacy, Church attendance duty and the Unam Sanctram thingy)
i would recommend you to adopt these 3 NIs, theyre good, give more papal influence and all that. plus, CAD is one of the best NIs, -33% stability cost is a HUGE bonus, while Divine Supremacy gives you some good missionaries, to help you go Innovative while still managing to convert provinces, and US gives the cleasing of heresy, a very good CB that can be used to good effect, especially as Byzantium converting Europe to orthodox.

Lately in my Greater Austria game, I've been combining vassals and exchanging provinces and what-not to get a nicer map and leave me not controlling so much land. I even managed to get Malaya to form, but it's a rather pukey brown colour, instead of the rich purple of Malaya. :(

Top Bottom