How is your EU3 Game going?

Beside the obvious stuff that decreases inflation per year (master of mint, centralisation, national bank) there are decisions, events and missions for one time inflation reductions:

Spoiler Decisions: Implement Gold Standard :

Code:
implement_gold_standard = {
		potential = {
			not = { has_country_modifier = gold_standard }
			government_tech = 30
			gold = 1
		}
		allow = {
			NOT = {
				inflation = 10
			}
			advisor = master_of_mint
		}

effect = {
			add_country_modifier = {
				name = "gold_standard"
				duration = -1
			}
		}

ai_will_do = {
			factor = 1
		}
	}

--------------------------------------------------------------------

gold_standard = {
	inflation_reduction = 0.04
	icon = 3
}

Spoiler Event: National Bank :

Code:
country_event = {

id = 4042

trigger = {
		NOT = { has_country_flag = bank }
		banker = 3
		ADM = 7
	}

mean_time_to_happen = {
		months = 480

modifier = {
			factor = 0.9
			ADM = 7
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 0.9
			ADM = 8
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 0.9
			statesman = 5
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 0.9
			statesman = 6
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 1.1
			NOT = { advisor = statesman }
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 1.1
			NOT = { stability = 0 }
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 1.1
			NOT = { stability = -1 }
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 1.1
			NOT = { stability = -2 }
		}
	}

title = "EVTNAME4042"
	desc = "EVTDESC4042"

option = {
		name = "EVTOPTA4042"		# National loans at 12 months income
		ai_chance = { factor = 5 }
		inflation = -5
		stability = 1
		loan_size = 12
		set_country_flag = bank
	}
	option = {
		name = "EVTOPTB4042"		# National loans at 6 months income
		ai_chance = { factor = 90 }
		inflation = -5
		stability = 1
		loan_size = 6
		set_country_flag = bank
	}
	option = {
		name = "EVTOPTC4042"		# National loans at 24 months income
		ai_chance = { factor = 5 }
		inflation = -5
		stability = 1
		loan_size = 24
		set_country_flag = bank
	}
}

Spoiler Mission: Improve Economical Mismanagement :

Code:
improve_economical_mismanagement = {

type = country

allow = {
		war = no
		number_of_loans = 1
	}

abort = {
		is_bankrupt = yes
	}

success = {
		NOT = { number_of_loans = 1 }
	}

chance = {
		factor = 1 # Base weight
		modifier = {
			factor = 2.0
			ADM = 5
		}
	}

effect = {
		inflation = -1
	}	
}

Spoiler Event: Better Administration (triggered by slider movement towards Free Subjects) :

Code:
country_event = {
	id = 817
	is_triggered_only = yes
	title = "EVTNAME817"
	desc = "EVTDESC817"
	option = {
		name = "EVTOPTB817A"
		inflation = -2
	}
}

Edit: I copied those from the beta version of May 17th for Divine Wind
And you should not implement the Gold Standard unless your inflation is lower then 10...
One more Edit: The Gold Standard is obviously not a one time reduction and the mission is called "Repay our Loans" ingame.

According to the ancient traditions and customs, Swedish Empire is the rightful ruler of Norway, Denmark and Castille. Because our idiotic and ugly amazingly beautiful and highly intelligent relative Karl, married one of the minor mightiest and powerful-lest leading dynasty princesses of Castille, we have rightfully inherited throne of Castille. Because people and nobles see the true might behind Scandinavian power known as Sweden, they submitted to us without forming Personal Union! In the year of 1474 Sweden inherited throne of Castille with only charm and beauty (I did not touch castille even once in this game).

:eek: No personal Union, just random message telling me I inherited Castille.

This happens a lot to me, in my Brandenburg game i inherited my vassal Serbia and my ally Muscowy from nothing, at the same month :lol:

Will you form Scandinavia?

Once Denmark loses guarantee of Great Britain or GB goes into war. Then I can declare war on Denmark and take the last missing province sjaelland. Then I just need to wait 50 years :S

This happens a lot to me, in my Brandenburg game i inherited my vassal Serbia and my ally Muscowy from nothing, at the same month :lol:

I've never seen major countries (bohemia, austria, england, france) with 10 or more provinces being inherited on a random turn, without PU.

I can never seem to inherit anyone other than countries with a few provinces.

Anyway, I like how they gave extra provinces, like central Borneo, Murmansk and Karelia (don't know the exact names of the provinces since I don't have DW yet). That area east of Finland looks like it needs to be its' own country.

Go to Gamer's Gate this week - they're doing a stonking deal on all EU III expansions and, what's more, GG downloads play perfectly with CD versions, unlike Steam. :)

I can never seem to inherit anyone other than countries with a few provinces.

Anyway, I like how they gave extra provinces, like central Borneo, Murmansk and Karelia (don't know the exact names of the provinces since I don't have DW yet). That area east of Finland looks like it needs to be its' own country.

well, i'm just a Habsburg in the game, i inherit everyone while keep spreading my dinasty, in my vanilla England game i had inherited a huge Bohemia, later Castille and got a PU with Naples. Castille was with claiming throne, after this i only claimed once, in my current Roman game..
in other game, this one in SRI, as Austria i was enraged with so many PUs when i wanted to inherit Hungary (SRI has a annoying thing that doesn't allow more than 1 PU...what's not very nice and historical), all the PUs whiout any claiming : Bohemia, Hungary, Thuringia, among other countries, these are the ones that i remember right now. it was so much annoying that i kept having to restore the union with Hungary a lot of times (like 4 or 5)
in one of my 2 current games (in MEIOU, one as Rome and the another one as Bradenburg -> Prussia) my dinasty (the Hohenzollerns) at one point ruled over a Brandenburg that owned most of north Germany, France (this one in a PU with me, whiout claims), England, Spain, among like other 10+ countries, if you go some pages back (i think 3 or 4) you'll find the SSs.
and in my Roman Empire game i'm at PU with Naples (forced the PU, i needed a foothold in Italy, plus they have quite a sizeable army and navy since then), and share dinasty with Holland, Castille (long time ally) and other 2 small countries, however this may expand to Russia, that currently if their heir dies my dinasty will take over here, and they're rather big, whiout Crimea (owned by Genoa...that almost lost it, seriously, they have their capital here and lost over half the territory they took from the blue horde some time ago) and another core areas, but that's because they expanded to the east against the nomads, and may still continue to expand, this is a problem because of the rebels...

EDIT :
Oh my God...

the bastards took my vassal 2PM Modena [pissed]
even big orthodox and strong Austria accepted it!! the only country that refused was OPM frankfurt! nedless to say they were screwed...
i guess the WEAKEST PROTESTANT REFORMATION i've ever seen helped it, it was like almost nothing, the only reformed province i know of was Navarra (and they were annexed by my ally catholic Castille) and just some few countries are protestant, all small HRE minors, it's like 2 stripes of blue in the middle of yellow

How precisely does the March work? Does it provide the defensive bonus only to the fort, or does it also give an advantage to a defending army?

Ah, that's where I helped, I ceded all my non-Italinan provinces (Istria and Krain do not count) To them, I controlled Albania, Zeta, which I ceded before conquering and annexing Croatia, which, you guessed it, I ceded to Ragusa...
EDIT: Strange how no one notices Aydin's wrong.

My Italian game, 1748.

Spoiler :

Not that impressive, but considering that for a large part of the game I've been slapped by stuff like this the whole time...
Spoiler :

Attachments

• EU3_12.JPG
    EU3_12.JPG
    196.1 KB · Views: 293
  • EU3_MAP_ITA_1748.11.29_1.JPG
    EU3_MAP_ITA_1748.11.29_1.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 289
Here's my current game, Transoxania -> Timurids (yeah, there's a colour change from vanilla), MMU w/ Firenze SubMod, 1453 start

Aside from me, there's a few interesting things going on. Russia in four separate pieces. Poland in north Africa. Qing...

EDIT: Strange how no one notices Aydin's wrong.

Disregarding that and Castille, those some remarkably clean borders. Ukraine in the approximate location of Ukraine is especially surprising.

A little gift from my Italy game to all you Byzantium lovers:

They did this. All. By. Themselves.

Go Byzantium go!
you should ally with them and help them become a power ;)

in last page i posted a Byz game, if you take a look you can see some unusual thingies apart from giga Milan : Estland, Norway, Russia is here and England won every war against France, seriously, they just crushed France in a war some years ago, but now they're with many rebel problems, despite destroying some countries that got independent.

What about Bohemia up North?

:lol: I didn't notice that. Alright, I admit it's pretty much standard EU III fare, you can carry on. At least there isn't anything like the shudder-inducing Norwegian Crete as of my last Italian game...

Top Bottom