I'm going to krakow!

philippe

FYI, I chase trains.
so i'll be off to Krakow from feb -2 for a week. i got some spare time (next to visiting auschwitz, the castle and the historic city) anyone got some tips or someone from Krakow around here? is it true the Krakow chicks are the hottest? ;)

I recommend referring to everybody there as Eastern European to their faces to see if they really do all have a problem with the term or if it's just Winner and TLO.
Don't mention the war.
Wrong country. :p

Tell a random Pole what you think about Poland (you know, that they're all bigots, Eastern European dirt-poor crypto-commies etc.), then report back :mischief:

Tell a random Pole what you think about Poland (you know, that they're all bigots, Eastern European dirt-poor crypto-commies etc.), then report back :mischief:

it's gonna be my pick-up line:
Oh, gosh, you are so beatifully ignorant, and you look like you like it dirty, mudcrawling üntermensch, that red goes real good on you, commie scum:yumyum:

;)

Untermensch has no umlaut dude. :rolleyes: Also, aren't you the commie scum? :p

I hear Wawel Hill has a lot of dead people in it. Mmm, necrophilia with Polish kings.

Untermensch has no umlaut dude. :rolleyes: Also, aren't you the commie scum? :p

I hear Wawel Hill has a lot of dead people in it. Mmm, necrophilia with Polish kings.

no, but i'm going to pronounce it, as if it has an umlaut, so there. :p

Wawel Hill you say? I'll probably going to go there already. :) last sentence reminds me of seeing something on the internets i didn't want to see.

Their slavic lack of vowels in some words...

so i'll be off to Krakow from feb -2 for a week. i got some spare time (next to visiting auschwitz, the castle and the historic city) anyone got some tips or someone from Krakow around here? is it true the Krakow chicks are the hottest? ;)

Go visit the Wieliczka Salt Mine, one of the main attractions in the region. You won't regret it!

It's an UNESCO World Heritage site, has 300km of tunnels (the tour goes through only 1% of that, but takes a couple hours), features a whole bunch of neat stuff made entirely of salt (sculptures, chandeliers, a cathedral).. and of course, since this is Poland, there's a bar and restaurant once you get all the way to the bottom.

The place started producing salt in the 13th century, and finished in 1997... It used to be one of the oldest continously salt-producing places on the planet (the oldest is in the region too, but is not a tourist attraction.. I don't think)

When you're at the castle, there is this cool tunnel/cave system you can go into - it takes you all the way down to the river. The entrance is somewhere in the courtyard, from what I remember. It's a cool way to finish the tour of the place - plus it takes you out of the castle a different way - so you're not seeing stuff youv'e already seen the second time during the descent.

I was there in 2004 (for the first time), and unlike in some other tourist hot spots in the region, food/beer is still really cheap.. even right at the main market square. I'm not sure how much things have changed, but you don't have to be afraid of being ripped off @ "tourist prices", even at fancy looking restaurants right in the middle of the tourist zone. 5 of us ate an egyptian restaurant. Large 5 meals + beer for everyone = under $40 canadian. Not sure how much things have changed since then, but it was very reasonable.

Anyway, hope you enjoy Krakow.

OOOH huge moneysaving tip here: If your going to eat in a restaurant, DO NOT do it near tourism center's! Their incredibally overpriced! If your going to eat something, spend a few minutes on a bus or something and go outside the tourism area to eat, you'll save big bucks!

TheLastOne36 - that somehow wasn't the case when I was in Krakow in 2004. We ate right in the main market square, and it was really cheap. Maybe things have changed..

I last went to Krakow in 2006, and i remember getting ripped off and having to pay something like 60 Z for an omelet. (that's about 30$ american)

Maybe it depends on the restaurant you go...

Top Bottom