Imperium Offtopicum 3: the quest for Imperium Offtopicum 2

1. pointless, since you know ill expand Istanbul, restore all historical items, and settle it so it reaches 32 million people. and you know ill focus significant effort to fixing up poor areas. so it will be just like Byzantium anyways. i say no. why work for a goal liek this when you can already have it anyway?

the total population of these 24 provinces is 188 million in real life. you know i will make it to Byzantium.

2. so.. no communication satellites, no ISS, or even a space shuttle? sorry, that will render anything that relies on those to fail. hope you can survive without a cell phone. i can.

I second the creating of a new game, and limiting the powergaming and space empires.

Just a suggestion though, what do you guys think of making a rule that you can't control the same land you controled in the previous 2 incarnations of this game, just to make the game less repetitive and monotonous.

Also, to fix the Navy problem, what if we just count the number of territories touching the major bodies of water?

I second the creating of a new game, and limiting the powergaming and space empires.

Just a suggestion though, what do you guys think of making a rule that you can't control the same land you controled in the previous 2 incarnations of this game, just to make the game less repetitive and monotonous.

Also, to fix the Navy problem, what if we just count the number of territories touching the major bodies of water?

i oppose this. starting in the same location fo yoru capital will make it different enough. for example i may not control any of the balkans but ill get Romania and Moldavia.

or, no Anatolian territories, but gain Italy, Romania, Hungary and Austria. there are a lot of randomness from that alone.

I third ruthlessly mocking anybody who tries to form space empires.

My issue with the navy isn't so much figuring out how to maintain it, but fitting it into the combat simulation. OFP has coastal boats, but no high seas ships by default. Still, I'll look into it; there's plenty enough third-party vessels.

The new thread is on its way! I'd support the idea of new starting positions, but I'm sure Mathalamus will throw a hissy fit.
EDIT: And I'm right!

I third ruthlessly mocking anybody who tries to form space empires.

My issue with the navy isn't so much figuring out how to maintain it, but fitting it into the combat simulation. OFP has coastal boats, but no high seas ships by default. Still, I'll look into it; there's plenty enough third-party vessels.

The new thread is on its way! I'd support the idea of new starting positions, but I'm sure Mathalamus will throw a hissy fit.

actually, no. i can do diferent starting positions. within reason:

West Anatolian province with nicaea is capital
Albania with Tirana as the Capital
or West Central Anatolia with Ankara as capital.
Greek with Athens
Bulgaria with Sofia,
or the Edrine province with Edrine as capital.

those provinces are defined as the core areas, and i can start from those.

And what DroopyTofu means is, radically different locations. Like, other continents.

And what DroopyTofu means is, radically different locations. Like, other continents.

hmm. then it wont be the Byzantine Republic, ill be forced to change it.

i can start in buenos Aries. and remain the Byzantine Republic. only place i can be Byzantium on the new world.

EDIT: And I'm right!

You must be a prophet ;).

Also new rule I propose:

NO BYZANTINES!!!!

Can I just intervene here and say, the IS no real world Byzantium, as the city is now known as Istanbul and ruled by the Turks?

Can I just intervene here and say, the IS no real world Byzantium, as the city is now known as Istanbul and ruled by the Turks?

i suppsoe this invalidates everyone else then? why dont you tell THEM that? no? then shut up and let me keep Byzantium.

Yeah, but almost everyone else is just an Uber-nation, comprised of multiple nations or states rules by one or two countries (ie, Israel -> Israel, Injastan -> India & Pakistan, Pacifistan -> California).

But that really doesn't matter. I'm just trying to say, STOP WITH THE SPACE PROGRAMS AND FACT-ALTERINGS.

What the christ?! You bumped a thread for THAT?!

what, you were an gm, you're a mad man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyhow, stand down mad man, you're goin' down.

82420.jpg

Top Bottom