DRAT! CURSE YOU SHARUMINAR! How could you have possibly seen through my perfect cover!?!

Reguardless, We will destroy you! WITH SCIENCE!!!!

Canada greenlights nuking each individual province of Ireland, then we'll consider speaking with the Scottish again.

Edit: YOU SON OF A-

The Eastern Federation again offers peace with China in exchange for Sichuan Province and Himachal Pradesh, and scraps a missile through Atoms for Peace.

Britain nukes Japan in Borneo
Britain also "requests" (read: demands) military assistance from the member states of the Commonwealth of Nations, including Scotland and Canada if they still consider themselves treaty-bound to help.

Soviet rebels nuke Greece at Crete

We grant the Hetmanate access to our territory, as we have more pressing concerns. This is also retribution for Brazil's allowing the rebels to cause countless deaths.

We de-commission all of our nukes for atoms-for-peace. May the world prosper from this partnership.

We say the NEA finally suffered karma. May the souls of many dead Marians haunt their state forever.

We also join the Pacifistan-led missile defense program to prevent further bloodshed.

The Eastern Federation again offers peace with China in exchange for Sichuan Province and Himachal Pradesh, and scraps a missile through Atoms for Peace.

Britain nukes Japan in Borneo
Britain also "requests" (read: demands) military assistance from the member states of the Commonwealth of Nations, including Scotland and Canada if they still consider themselves treaty-bound to help.

Soviet rebels nuke Greece at Crete

Was there a reason you ignored my nuking of your capital?

Scotland nukes Alberta
The tar sands already destroyed the province, so it's not really changing anything.

Another glorious victory for our precision strikes. Can we send in the ground troops to capture Captain2 now, please? :please:

Spoiler Captain2 :

Across the entire world, never stopping, never faltering, never fading. Canadians and hockey players and mounties will become dust. And the dust will become atoms and the atoms will become...nothing. And the atomic bombs will continue, breaking through the maple syrup at the heart of Ontario into every city, every province, every single corner of Canada. This is my ultimate victory, Captain2! The destruction of Canada itself!

What do you mean your atomic bombs have altered my complexion?

Map updated.

4 missiles were launched, irradiating 12 territories for a gross increase in global unrest by 25 points.

Democratic Christian Republic of Brazil has been defeated.

"The mad dog has been put down."

Soldiers of the Hetmanate engage in playful antics after defeating the DCRB government's' last stronghold in Rio Branco

DNIPROPETROVSK — There was celebration in the streets after Hetman Defakchenko declared the defeat of the Democratic Christian Republic of Brazil.

Addressing the public from the legislature of the nation's acting capital, Defakchenko stated that combat operations had ceased as of 1:14 P.M. local time.

"Peace once more reigns in Brazil," said the Hetman. "The mad dog has been put down."

The war began after an unprovoked nuclear strike on the city of Kyiv, which poisoned vast swaths of land across the surrounding oblasts, and whose environmental consequences have yet to be fully determined. The foreign ministry hastily negotiated the passage of military matériel through Brazil's neighbours, and troops debarked onto the continent in less than a week.

The Brazilian army was in disarray after numerous retaliatory atomic strikes, further complicated by a nationwide rebellion. In conjunction with local resistance movements, the Ukrainian forces secured southern Suriname. A combined-arms assault was launched from Marian bases in Peru that corralled and finally annihilated the remaining government forces holed up in Rio Branco after a day of urban combat.

One field officer referred to the campaign as "a cakewalk".

Defakchenko used the address to praise what he referred to as the Hetmanate's allies of circumstance, the People's Republic of Giuana and the Republic of Patagonia, as the leaders in the initiative to curb the expansionist agenda of the country.

"As was the case with the Fundamentalist Christian States of America, this was a nation who only obeyed superior force, who negotiated with the sword rather than the pen. We should be thankful its neighbours remained resolute in the face of the beast."

Brazil gained near-unanimous denouncement worldwide for an abrasive, confrontational foreign agenda and "backer-than-backward" domestic policy under the theocratic dictatorship. The Ukrainian delegation to the United Nations was preparing to charge the government with crimes against humanity when the civil war erupted. The case was later revisited when the new government returned to strong-arming its neighbours.

Brazil was a focal player in the Third World War, some political observers describing it as the flashpoint of the crisis. When hostilities commenced, Brazil launched nuclear missiles in a seemingly random fashion, against friends and foes alike. Ironically, it was one of the nations hardest hit in the backlash.

The Hetman condemned the world community, particularly the major prewar alliances, for not quelling the "failed state" when they had the chance: "Most of the world was too disinterested to confront the threat when it was still infantile. We have all paid the price for that negligence."

The Hetmanate was relieved to announce that the armed forces were able to secure Brazil's remaining nuclear stockpile. The missiles are being prepared for transport to a more secure location.

With the fall of the government and the capture of its remaining leaders, the Brazilian rebels have laid down their arms and announced they will work with occupying forces to rebuild what is left of the country. For their part, the Ukrainians state that they will remain as long as necessary to re-institute a stable government, but assert that they have no interest in maintaining a "permanent" presence.

OOC: I have a question about the missle defence system. Can nations be banned from working on it. If you need 100 points to get it, a nation with -30 could join and put us way behind just so they could continue nuking everyone. I think it's very sabatogable the way it is right now.
I anticipated something like this. For now I'm not laying down any authoritative rules and you can opt to regulate it yourself; the early signatories get 'dibs' on project management, so if an applicant appears sketchy you can call them out on it and I'll simply not add them to the roll call.

The NCSA destoys another nuke for the atoms for peace program.

Spoiler for a bunch of OOC stuff mainly directed at Thor
Spoiler :
Thank you for giving the option of excluding people from this project. This will make the technology the NCSA is developing remain more secure.

Since I am now at peace with everyone, why wasn't my land claims in Central America added? It's after 1 AM now, so I can dig up the request later if I need to. I'd also like to expand more into Cuba for my next turn.

Now about reputation points. I notice that their is a 3 way tie right now. Is there anything besides anti-nuke stuff (destroy nukes, atoms for peace, missle shield) that one could do to advance the reputation. Not being in anywars, perhaps? Sorry if this is PM stuff, but I figured questions about rules were best left where everyone could see the disscussion. Maybe 2 certain nations with 17 reputation points won't bother to open the spoiler, though.

Two nukes, one silo 15 reputation. (AfP decommission)

Heh heh heh...I'm winning a Time Victory. :D

The German Republic decommissions yet another nuke for the atoms for peace project. In related news, The German Republic is also sending any aid available to nations who have territories effected by the nuclear detonation. The German Republic also sends aid to the Baltic to atone for it's nuclear sins.

I anticipated something like this. For now I'm not laying down any authoritative rules and you can opt to regulate it yourself; the early signatories get 'dibs' on project management, so if an applicant appears sketchy you can call them out on it and I'll simply not add them to the roll call.

This is what I am afraid of. Eventhough right now the German Republic is taking a corse of action to undo what it has done and try to improve it's reputation (Though we have a -2 at the moment yet improving). Many nations would not see us as the atoner and judge us as "going to launch a nuke in the future" when clearly that's not the case given that were decommissioning our nukes and using them for atoms for peace, improving our reputation rather than lobing nukes around.

The German Republic is looking for anything to improve it's reputation score (NO NUKE TRADES PLEASE! We don't want to soil our improving reputation)

:bump:

The NCSA announces that in that a major breakthrough has came through in the Nuke Defence Sheild, though we can't say what it is. It was also announced today that some other stuff happened internally and that the rest of the world should care greatly. Good day.

DroopyTofu said:
Since I am now at peace with everyone, why wasn't my land claims in Central America added? It's after 1 AM now, so I can dig up the request later if I need to. I'd also like to expand more into Cuba for my next turn.
Please do. I probably missed it.

Now about reputation points. I notice that their is a 3 way tie right now. Is there anything besides anti-nuke stuff (destroy nukes, atoms for peace, missle shield) that one could do to advance the reputation. Not being in anywars, perhaps? Sorry if this is PM stuff, but I figured questions about rules were best left where everyone could see the disscussion.
As I mentioned earlier, diplomacy and roleplay outside of what I dictate will contribute to or detract from reputation, but there is no set mechanic for this. With the superpower confrontation finally running out of steam, I'll be incorporating national rep into whatever I can find an excuse to: unprovoked war, extensive aid missions, astounding feats of science, and so forth. With the game returning to the hands of our more mature players, I think we can finally resurrect the roleplay aspect, and reputation provides a novel, quantitative method of tracking it.

Soviet rebels nuke Greece at Sicily

Scotland nukes Canada at Northwest Territories
By disrupting their diamond trade, soon their warchest will be depleted!

re:bump:

The NCSA offers humanitarian aide to all nations that request it, regardless of governemnt, ability to pay us back, or our past histories. After the Great War and the nuking of Virginia, the Confederate people have taken a much more pacifist view on the world.

OOC: Can we get another update so we can hurry up and kill this thing off, Thor?

I know, I know. :p

With the original cassus belli long forgotten, the Eastern Federation and People's Republic of Guiana have agreed to an immediate cessation of hostilities. The Federation also extends an offer of peace to the devastated Greek people.

The NLLP attempts to return to its original schedule and stations watchdogs at the Chagos Archipelago and the Saint-Louis region in Senegal.

re:bump:

The NCSA offers humanitarian aide to all nations that request it, regardless of governemnt, ability to pay us back, or our past histories. After the Great War and the nuking of Virginia, the Confederate people have taken a much more pacifist view on the world.

OOC: Can we get another update so we can hurry up and kill this thing off, Thor?

The irradiated people of Vermont gladly accept your aid:)

Advertisement:

If you enjoy this game, perhaps you also might enjoy a Renaissance-era IOT. If you're not aware we are voting on the rules here at the IOT Developmental Thread. The current voting round starts on page 63. We are almost ready to launch, so please join us and make your voice heard. :)

Top Bottom