1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Imperium Offtopicum: The Aftermath

Discussion in 'Imperium OffTopicum' started by Thorvald of Lym, May 28, 2011.

1. Double A

Double A ♫We got the guillotine♫

The province I've been trying to take back half the game is only yellow.

2. Thorvald of Lym

Thorvald of Lym A Little Sketchy

Doesn't look yellow.

3. Tani Coyote

Tani Coyote Son of Huehuecoyotl

I'll likely show more interest as soon as the bloody Kampucheans are vaporised - competition over claims tends to be the fuel of interest in games such as this, so until they implode...

And unfortunately there are no PBs to drop so as to have no negative effects but merely vaporise a nation... Ah well!

4. DroopyTofu

DroopyTofu Double Bass Double Bass

I'm following and care, but there's not much going on for me to follow. Ummm would anyone be considered in allying? Or even becoming rivals to make things interesting??

Now that I'm done with wars, I want to claim as much as I can up the western coast of France along the Bay of Biscay. I'm also donating a nuke to the Lacuna Project.

5. Thorvald of Lym

Thorvald of Lym A Little Sketchy

I love you few hard-core loyalists. :love:
    Well they're not vaporised and hopefully not too bloody, but the war's over, if that's what you mean.

Speaking of which:

As agreed, the Hetmanate will turn over Bokeo, Vientiane Province and Vientiane Prefecture to the Eastern Federation. Although the war is over, does the Federation wish to maintain and/or renegotiate our military mobility rights?

6. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Does that include me? Since there are times I don't feel loved :(.

7. Tani Coyote

To celebrate the new era of peace and prosperity!

The Marian Federation claims the last of the Congo, finalising its borders in Africa for the time being. The President and his advisors are looking for new places of expansion, but right now, securing and developing the lush Congo basin is of key interest. In a world ruined by a global war, the large - and natural! - rubber deposits are of key strategic interest.

Assuming that the coastal province (since it's just barely not connected to the current territory) counts as two, disregard that claim and claim Southern Venezuela instead. (I'm assuming it's small enough to still count as one territory)

8. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    I thought we can't claim lands because of a little no named country declared war on all non communist states :hmm:.

9. Tani Coyote

I guess our special agent has taken care of them!

Note: this post was 100% a joke and should not be taken seriously.

---

Thorvald confirmed that Kampuchea has been defeated, meaning the war is over and we now may resume expanding and competing.

So, IC:

The Federation believes the expansion into the Congo will continue the trend of growing Marian prominence in world affairs. Will the Marians once more be a superpower? Only time will tell.

The President has openly attempted to improve integration with independent Brazzaville, though some policymakers support keeping the city-state independent to allow a "sanctuary" for humans who feel they are "oppressed."

10. Tani Coyote

The Federation has revamped its military strategies.

Realising the futility of fighting the Abhorrents on their turf, the Federation will now focus solely on defense. While others are free to keep sending their troops into the jaws of these monsters, the government sees no reason to send more brave men and women to their deaths for pointless territory. As such, all troops have been ordered to stay in defensive positions; let the enemy come to them.

"We did not succeed in retaking Loreto, but we did succeed in acquiring several Abhorrent prisoners for research purposes. We hope they were worth the cost..." - the President on the issue of Loreto

A new ethical debate is what rights the Abhorrents have, if any.

While some bleeding hearts say the rights cannot be taken away regardless, many scientists have raised opinions that have gained currency. Dr. de Zorrito, a distant relative of the former President de Zorrito, had this to say, saying they never had rights to begin with(and logically none can be taken away):

"We give rights, though they may vary in scale, to beings that for the most part mind their business. Sentients are given rights because they are so much more than automotons. Likewise, unevolved animals are given rights, though not as many as sentients, because they generally mind their own business. We do not give plants or instects rights, however, inherently showing that living =/= automatic granting of rights. The Abhorrents show no concern for anything but violence and aggression. They are little more than the undead depicted in old horror films, and should be destroyed accordingly if they are not of scientific value."

This opinion has assumed the support of most of the majority, who have not shed one tear over the idea of Abhorrent dissection and experimentation.

"It's no cruler than cross-breeding plants. These things just make noises to try and receive sympathy." One Marian citizen said.

11. Double A

It's not like I have anything better to do.

Spoiler :
    :p

12. Terrance888

Terrance888 Discord Reigns

The Zulu Confederation is beginning to collapse as the Government is desperately searching for work for the Union. The entire economy stopped as the Miner's Union gave a general strike, clogging 90% of the economy directly, and although increased sales of poster paper and twinkies have also prevented more shipments of the same. The Government is desperately asking for work, even willing to pay others to allow Zulu Expert Miners to mine for other countries.

13. BSmith1068

BSmith1068 Deity Retired Moderator

Kingdom of Konchasa

Kingdom of Konchasa claims map with expansion this turn in the darker green:

(yes, I am paying attention – just didn’t have much to do without being able to expand. :p)

To: Macedonia

Would you like some military assistance with your abhorrent problem? We would be willing to send some troops to aid in your efforts.

14. Red_Spy

Red_Spy Surprised

To: Macedonia

Like Konchasa, we are eager to get that area back under your control, so that the refugees living here can come back home. We reopen our proposal to help you in the effort.

15. Terrance888

IF there are any digging involed, or construction of defensive bases that need high-power equipment, I got a mob of unemployed dudes who would love to get another paycheck.

16. Dem Taqat

Dem Taqat Bladespawn

OOC: I'm still here. Unfortunately practically nothing that occurs in my tiny little nation is going to make world news, and without any major diplomatic situations I don't really have much to say. :OOC

Hong Kong regretfully states that we have no need of extra workers at the current time. Falling consumer confidence is already slowing down our own economy.

DT
    Secret Police are Watching :hide:

17. Double A

The Abhorrents have proven stronger than we thought. We accept all offers of military aid, and are deeply thankful to both Konchasa and Greater Sudan.

18. Cull

Cull Big Daddy

We thank you.

While the current military mobility rights don't have that much use, perhaps they should be used to investigate into the Red Zones of the Federation. Just a rough idea, open to ideas.

@China: Yo, trying to help out a nation is not interference that should spark a war bro.

but ya know, its chill, so I'm good. but I got my eyes on you!!!!

19. Mad Man

Mad Man Your lord and master

Monaco denies ever invading our friend and close ally Scotland, the attack was clearly carried out by rebels in captured military uniforms, clearly. If nothing else this should prove to the world how crafty these rebels can get, I call on the world to point there guns at the rebels and and this silly war once and for all. On a separate note Monaco kindly asks for donations to our cause, money, guns, food, whatever you can spare, killing rebels and raping there families is not only our responsibilities as respectable sovereign nations, it's the Mathal way.

20. Terrance888

The Confederation wonders of the job opportunities of wiping out Monaco, then realized that they don't need to help Monaco wipe out itself.