I really wish you would read from beginning to end.

I can PM you a summary of the nation if you think it'll help.

i didn't think that it would matter that much. ill try to refrain from such insane actions in the future, retreating to political isolation.

that is, if its allowed by the people.

Truth be told, the article was really a fancy explanation for the rep hit this turn, and that was mostly because of the back-and-forth in regard to the war.

I'll send you an extended bio of the Federation so you'll know what to look out for in future.

Truth be told, the article was really a fancy explanation for the rep hit this turn, and that was mostly because of the back-and-forth in regard to the war.

I'll send you an extended bio of the Federation so you'll know what to look out for in future.

alright, ill be sure to read it carefully.

important announcement from Sava!

the Federation leader in Sava has proposed a series of laws to appease the traditionalists while helping the nation to modernize.

1. every province will gain additional powers at the expense of a central government. the central government will maintain control over foreign affairs, national military, and nation wide laws.

2. every province has the right to create their own military, and can donate some or all of their military to the National Federal Military. it is a purely voluntary thing. the Federal Government in the most extreme cases, may ask the states to hand over all of their provincial military for the survival of the nation.

3. the nation must listen to its citizens, for nearly every matter. if the citizens of one state feels that the economic situation is bad, then the state must take care of it. otherwise the federal government would intervene.

4. for obvious reasons, when 2 or more states have a disagreement, they are to resolve it peacefully. war is not an option. expensive civil wars will damage the economy and the nation at large.

5. Political Neutrality is our new Foreign policy. it does not, however, mean that we should ignore people using or threatening to use nuclear weapons.

6. Modernization is one of the goals of the nation at large. its benefits (and possible drawbacks) are obvious.

(the people can vote whether to accept or reject any of the 6 laws, providing a reason why. since im not creative enough, Thorvald should do it.)

To Macedonia:

We see that you have been affected by a large amount by the abhorrents, and we wish to help you. We are sending supplies and aid to the people of Northern Egypt, who have been affected, and if you agree, we are willing to send military assistance to help you contain the abhorrent threat.

We accept your offer of aid graciously. North Egypt is in a fallout zone, as you know, and your supplies will make the lives of our citizens much more bearable. However, at this time, we do not believe we need military assistance. If this skirmish spreads into other provinces, or if the Abhorrents continue to resist our efforts at protecting our land, we will surely reconsider your offer of military aid. At this time, however, we believe our military has the situation under control. The bastards are just really, really lucky to catch us by surprise, and we will take their threat more seriously in the coming reclamation attempt.

I'll be offline the next couple of days. So yeahhh... just a heads up. My nation can just chill. Patagonia isn't attacking even though I'm still at war, so no expansion. I'm still waiting on a response from protestors in Guantanamo, even though I'm being extremely lenient by not crushing the opposition, so hopefully they'll take that into account when dealing with me. Oh, and I'm donating a nuke to Lacuna (sp?) Project.

The Caribbean Commonwealth has investigated the protesters' interests and delivered the results of its survey to the NCSA.

Approximately 268,039 people were polled out of an estimated half-a-million dissenters. Breakdown as follows:

38% will settle for "special status" as already legislated;
27% desire a "nation-within-a-nation";
16% want Guantánamo to remain under a Commonwealth government, in addition to any other offers;
11% advocate the return of all annexed territory to the Commonwealth;
5% remain undecided;
3% of responses were deemed unclear, irrelevant, or untenable.

the people can vote whether to accept or reject any of the 6 laws, providing a reason why. since im not creative enough, Thorvald should do it.
While I'm flattered by the offer, I maintain I am simply the referee, and the day-to-day affairs remain your domain. Now, if you absolutely positively want me to play Lower House, I can (thread's quiet enough), but in the interest of not cluttering up the thread I'd prefer to do it through PM; so PM me if interested and we can discuss the details.

OOC:While we wait for a update.

IC: Vermont is proud to announce that construction has begun on a new aircraft carrier the VNN Green Mountain Boy for the Vermont Navy. The new carrier can hold up to 100 aircraft and is armed with 4 x Sea Sparrow launchers, 4 x 20 mm Phalanx launchers, and 4 RAM Launchers. It's our hope that our new carrier will be completed in 5-6 years and will provide our forces with air superiority wear ever they go.

OOC:While we wait for a update.

IC: Vermont is proud to announce that construction has begun on a new aircraft carrier the VNN Green Mountain Boy for the Vermont Navy. The new carrier can hold up to 100 aircraft and is armed with 4 x Sea Sparrow launchers, 4 x 20 mm Phalanx launchers, and 4 RAM Launchers. It's our hope that our new carrier will be completed in 5-6 years and will provide our forces with air superiority wear ever they go.

can you even afford such a thing?

It's being constructed by POW's, Prisoners, and German slaves, the materials we can't harvest from a mothball fleet, will be bought with credit and newly raised taxes. The carrier it's self is being constructed in an undisclosed location abroad to prevent saboteurs from damaging the ship, also the host nation doesn't want to be disclosed as they don't publicly support us in our civil war.

Update 6

Map updated. You're killin' me, guys.

Abhorrents have overrun Västernorrland.

Territorial changes

United Nations assumes responsibility of contested Western Region, Uganda

Wars

Vermont wrests control of Gambia from rebel forces

News on the March

Eastern Federation gains influence
Soft power is true power, according to a recent opinion poll in international affairs that found the Eastern Federation an "outstanding global citizen" and "most trusted nation in [East] Asia". This high-profile recognition is likely to attract lucrative attention from neighbour states and provide considerable leverage in future negotiations.

Eastern Federation ↑5 - NCSA ↑5 - Scotland ↑1 - Vermont ↓2

With Gambia secure we can reopen the damaged yet still operable fresh water distillers, as for the rebels, the ones who surrendered were granted a quick and merciful death by hanging, those that stood there ground were dropped feet first into a industrial shredder.

With Gambia secure we can reopen the damaged yet still operable fresh water distillers, as for the rebels, the ones who surrendered were granted a quick and merciful death by hanging, those that stood there ground were dropped feet first into a industrial shredder.

yeah, the Federation will be doing no more business with the Evil Vermont government.

About the Guantanamo issue: What if Guantanamo stays under the control of the Carribean Commonwealth. Anyone who had lived in the Commonwealth's Cuba is free to move to Guantanamo freely. Is this acceptable to the people of Cuba?

@Thor: Can I expand normally now since Patagnonia seems to have disappeared?

The Guantanameros are happy; "foreign" immigration may crowd the province, but that's not your problem.

DroopyTofu said:
Can I expand normally now since Patagnonia seems to have disappeared?
Still technically at war with Kampuchea. :crazyeye:
But if Zelet doesn't make a move this turn, the South American war can unofficially end.

While the state has mostly been investing in infrastructure since there are concerns over expanding during a time of war - even though the country is at war with a third world state on the other side of the world - it has become evident that the Abhorrents are eager to learn why Sombra is sometimes called the "Red Claw."

All the forces of the Marian state that could be spared have been sent against the Abhorrents of Peru. They are a disgrace to the Kaetif, monsters in furs' pelts.

(actual battle orders posted in the Battle thread; this is just where I put more RP-based parts)

While some legislators have postured that the nuclear arsenal should be used against the Kampucheans to end the affair, President de Mar has made sure to silence these stuntmen; Kampuchea is weak, the arsenal is small, not to mention the use of such weapons is arguably immoral and would certainly damage the state's standing.

donate our last nuke to the lacuna project.

@Beijing:

Your great city has fallen in recent times, and force of the world may seek to harm you seeing you not as a city with a history longer that most of today's "historians" know of. However, in the Eastern Federation, the city of Beijing is still well regarded.

With that in mind, we would like to become a sort of guardian of your state. The Eastern Federation awaits your response.

Top Bottom