1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

In What Electronic Entertainment Have You Been Partaking #18: Reticulating Splines

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by aimeeandbeatles, Jul 10, 2020.

1. haroon

haroon Deity

Snes is legendary. But, if you after the game library like you have said, you missed a lot if you don't play PS 1. There are titles like Saga Frontier, Xenogears, Legend of Mana, Breath of Fire 3, and countless of others that you cannot really find the equivalent outside of PS1.

2. aimeeandbeatles

aimeeandbeatles watermelon

So in Morrowind I came across a naked Nord barbarian. He said a witch had stolen his clothes and axe. I found the mage further up the road and she said that he had been perving on her. So I ended up getting into a fight with the naked Nord and killing him.

Further on up the road I found another naked Nord barbarian who said that a witch had paralyzed him and stolen his clothes.

Hmmm.....

3. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

Good things come in threes.

4. amadeus

amadeus Large Marge sent me

This post came from the cool pictures thread but I’m replying to it here:

I had the original version when it came out and everyone I knew that had it, including myself, played it on the brickboy. I still have it, but there’s a small problem with the screen and I’ve just not got around to fixing it.

:dunno:

5. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Retired Moderator Supporter

I abandoned my level 71 Scion and started up a marauder using OG and heavy strike with a 4 link cleave as a mob clearer. This one is so much nicer and plays much better. As much as I dislike leveling, I'm pushing through the acts. I haven't played HS in a while and I'm liking its power to make one hit kills. I've started the Juggernaut ascendancy and will probably add a bunch of endurance charges. I'll save my Scion and maybe redo her tree in standard and find a way to make her more interesting to play.

EgonSpengler likes this.
  6. Takhisis

Takhisis Jinping, wer fragt uns?

Owwwww. People don't ever seem to realise that in a city with a Barracks a Knight combines the defence of a Pikeman and the attack of the Medieval Infantry/Longbowman.

tjs282 likes this.
  7. EgonSpengler

EgonSpengler Deity

I haven't played The Long Dark in a while, but the Halloween event and an upcoming Survival Mode update have been announced.

Spoiler :

Not so excited for this one. The unhurried pace of The Long Dark is one of the things I like about it. The gameplay is strategic and it's a "walking simulator" where you're supposed to literally stop and enjoy the scenery when you can. The occasional moments of blind panic add excitement and tension, but the game modes that are all about speed haven't gripped me.

otoh...
    Spoiler :
    Kind of impossible to read anything into the new region's name or the one piece of art, but hey, any new region is fine with me. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any obvious features or "type" of zone that isn't already there. I wouldn't mind another wilderness area. There was another piece of concept art, not specifically linked to any particular Story chapter or Survival Mode update, posted with the August "Dev Diary" without any further explanation:

Spoiler :
    So I expect I'll be heading back to Great Bear Island in December.

Synsensa likes this.
  8. EgonSpengler

EgonSpengler Deity

I only used it a little bit, at low levels, but Heavy Strike does seem like it could be fun. I was thinking I might try a Heavy Strike Chieftain and set the world on fire. Maybe Multi-Strike and Added Fire Damage, and with Herald of Ash converting Overkill Damage into Burning Damage on nearby enemies, maybe Ignite Proliferation. I'm looking for a satisfying melee version of my Fireball Witch, basically.

p.s. poe.ninja doesn't provide any help. There are 17,000+ builds uploaded there, and exactly 1 uses Heavy Strike. :lol: (A level-98 Juggernaut, if you're wondering, who uses a 2-handed sword with Impale Support, Awakened Brutality, Awakened Multistrike, Awakened Melee Damage and Awakened Melee Splash - not too helpful for my fiery Chieftain idea.)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    Birdjaguar likes this.
  9. aelf

aelf Ashen One

Ah. On standard-sized maps, I think one type of luxury resource wouldn't be so spread out. But, in your case, going for SoZ is probably a risk not worth taking unless you're willing to reload and try chopping or somehow speeding it up. You should probably have invested in more Immortals and settlers, which would have given you more early control of territory, which leads me to the next point...

I think this was because your opening was somehow just not optimal enough. Like I mentioned, there was likely some way to get more territory early that would have allowed you to sit back until you've surpassed your neighbours in tech or allowed you to surpass them earlier. Or it could be just bad luck on your part with the map and exploration early on.

I'm just saying all this based on the strategies I've read up on for high-level play.

10. Sarin

Sarin Prince

I'm also messing with fireball right now. Slaving it to Incinerate via Casts while Channeling gets rid of the slow cast and makes it helova fun.

Birdjaguar and EgonSpengler like this.
  11. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Retired Moderator Supporter

I'm using OG so setting things on fire is part of my effort. I am supporting OG with elemental proliferation and combustion and cursing folks with flammability. I'll have to go look at poe.ninja; never been there.

12. haroon

haroon Deity

Spoiler :
    upload_2020-10-22_11-42-14.png

I play this game since snes, then go on to PS 1, from the time when I was in elementary school till High-School, I get a little bit used with the controller, a very nice nostalgia. Have any of you guy play this game also?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  13. aimeeandbeatles

aimeeandbeatles watermelon

cardgame likes this.
  14. Zardnaar

Zardnaar Deity

I have, my tastes leaned more towards Street Fighter 2 and Mortal Kombat.

Played Samurai Showdown in the arcades.

Fish and Chip shops have old video games in the here so you can occasionally find them. My local has one of the Street Fighters.

shadowplay likes this.
  15. haroon

haroon Deity

What I like in Samurai Showdown is the outcome is really unpredictable. A wounded enemy or player can score critical that able to directly turn the table upside down, so there is like a real sense of using a weapon, the gameplay also more rely on timing and counter than memorization of combo (which I like also like King Of Fighter 98), it's a much fun version of Bushido Blade (do you know that game?)

16. Zardnaar

Zardnaar Deity

Yeah but I never really got into them that much. It's been 20+ years. Only played them a few times. And last time I went to arcade was 2002.

17. EgonSpengler

EgonSpengler Deity

Path of Exile: After chatting about it here, I picked up my Heavy Strikin' Marauder again last night. The day's still young, Act 3, but Heavy Strike + Melee Splash and 1 unsupported Ancestral Protector are handling everything so far. I haven't put any Passive Skill Points into any of the specific weapons, so I can just use whichever 2-handed weapon does the most damage at the moment. As an aside, I don't think there are any 2-handed sceptres, although a sceptre would be a good choice for a pyromaniacal Chieftain, as they provide additional elemental damage. I haven't done the math, but my guess is that a 2-handed weapon is the better option for sheer damage output, especially as a Marauder primarily generates physical damage and then converts it to fire damage, if you go that route. If you wanted to use a sceptre-and-shield/fire damage combo, a Templar might be a better choice.

Birdjaguar likes this.
  18. Synsensa

Synsensa Deity Retired Moderator

I decided to do the DLCs for The Witcher 3 before finishing the main quest. The first was fine, but it looks like the second was meant to be played after the main quest. It just spoiled to me that Geralt wins. :( :( :(

local_hero likes this.
  19. local_hero

local_hero Prince

IMO there are endings that are not "Geralt wins". I won't say more though.

Synsensa likes this.
  20. haroon

haroon Deity

Ghost Runner look really really neat. Now downloading the 6gb demo, perhaps if I got half of my salary I'm considering buying it.

@Synsensa don't you wanna try it?

edit: Forget this game, it's basically a mosquito simulator, the enemy will shot you from every direction, and it took only one shot for them to kill you. It's a cool idea but they want it to be hardcore, but being like that I don't feel like being a badass ninja robot, but a poor and full of fear ninja glass.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    Synsensa likes this.