• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Interesting Facts!

farting bob said:
[*]$10million was spent developing a transmitter and microphone to stick up a cats butt so it could spy in the russian embassy during the cold war. It got run over crossing a road on the way to the embassy.

Sucks to be the cat.

Padma said:
Try the only country in the Western Hemisphere. ;)

It sets over the Atlantic, too.

Why? I don't understand this. Shouldn't it be the same as every other nation in the Western Hemisphere?

A watch/clock only ticks 59 times a minute

There are more germs under your fingernails than under a toilet seat.

Dunno where I heard this one.

Which reminds me.

There are more germs in your mouth than inside your Anus.

Does it depend on who's mouth and the quality of what comes out of their mouth?

greekguy said:
could you give a reason or arguement instead of a smilie then...

Sure. As madviking notes, US Interstates themselves are numbered based on whether they are north-south (even numbers) or east-west (odd numbers), and then if there is a preceding digit (295, 395) it indicates an extension to the "main" interstate, and usually an even-number preceding digit means that both ends connect to the main interstate while an odd number means only one end connects.

Sample source here: http://www.kurumi.com/roads/3di/3di-primer.html

I didn't say this earlier because #1 I was in a hurry, and #2 while some states have an exit numbering system of "Exit 1 through the total number of exits" and others have an exit numbering system conforming to the milemarkers (exit 2 is two miles from the border, then exit 6 is four miles farther on, etc), it doesn't make sense that exits would be much other than perpendicular to the highways they're exiting from.

It's just generally true. Your mouth is an even better environment for bacteria than your back passage.

IglooDude said:
Sure. As madviking notes, US Interstates themselves are numbered based on whether they are north-south (even numbers) or east-west (odd numbers), and then if there is a preceding digit (295, 395) it indicates an extension to the "main" interstate, and usually an even-number preceding digit means that both ends connect to the main interstate while an odd number means only one end connects.

Sample source here: http://www.kurumi.com/roads/3di/3di-primer.html

I didn't say this earlier because #1 I was in a hurry, and #2 while some states have an exit numbering system of "Exit 1 through the total number of exits" and others have an exit numbering system conforming to the milemarkers (exit 2 is two miles from the border, then exit 6 is four miles farther on, etc), it doesn't make sense that exits would be much other than perpendicular to the highways they're exiting from.

oh...ok then... :)

Godwynn said:
Why? I don't understand this. Shouldn't it be the same as every other nation in the Western Hemisphere?

Just found the cap on snapple. (It's #147) The real fact is:
Panama is the only country in the world where you can see the sun rise on the pacific and set on the atlantic.

Godwynn said:

It's shape makes all the difference. The way it bends, the northwestern half dips don a bit, jutting into the Pacific, so that you can look east at the sunrise and be staring over the Pacific. Vice versa for the Atlantic.

i figured out how it would be possible for the snapple panama thing with the setting sun to be true.

immagine this, if north america is moved southwest, and south america is moved north east, like a thousand miles.
but hte connection through central america is maintained.
then the southern tip of north america would be more south then the northern tip of south america.
and the connection between them would go in a diagonal line from southwest to north east.
on that connecting line, the pacific ocean would be to the east of land, and the atlantic would be to the west.

my example is exagerated, but if there is a place like that in panama where the two oceans form sort of a ying-yang thing with panama between them, then the factoid would be true.

edit: yep, here it is.

Attachments

• panama.GIF
    panama.GIF
    20.4 KB · Views: 149
Here's a fact I found on snapple. It's obviously not true, but I'm posting it for anther reason:

Blood rushes through your veins at the speed of light.

This has to be a reference to coldplay, right?

IglooDude said:
I thought almost all if not all states do it by mile marker unless its a toll highway. Not sure however.

Costa Rica is the only natoin with no standing army

Swtzerland is the only landlocked natoin to have a navy

In Switzerland its ilegal to have a motorbike over 80 hp

Cali in Colombia is the murder capital in the world. It has a murder ever 9 minutes. This happened because the Americans gave alot of money to Colombia to destoy the cartel. Once they had done it every other little gang is trying to take over there dominent posistion which has resulted in a blood bath.

A wasp has a higher percentage of its body weight made up by its brain than any other animal.

The european earwig has a longer penis in relation to its body than any other animal. It is an inche long

The european earwig also has two penises

blindside said:
I thought almost all if not all states do it by mile marker unless its a toll highway. Not sure however.
and i thought the oposite. when i finaly encountered it i thought that that "by the mile" system is wierd. you get exit 10 and then exit 12 and then 17, makes no sense.

Top Bottom