Spouse name: Akosua Ataá Kúmaa Bótwe Ɔkwán
Leader Traits:
Skilled Tactician
Heard the First Hymn
Skilled Politician
Leader’s Betrothed Traits:
Skilled Industrialist
Skilled Diplomat

Cultural Base: Of great value to the Kumasi is military prowess. Prisoners are a sign of societal status, and rather than fight wars for death, they fight wars for conquest and an increase in economic power.

Another minor base is a hunger for knowledge. The singing of the hymns effected many, and the main goal of several groups is to make Kumasi the unifier of the entire Sahel.

History: Effectively the forerunner of the Ashanti Empire, the Kumasi Empire is the result of much conquering. Following the Hymns descending down to Earth, the Kumasi quickly started subjugating around their capital following a vision of the Kumasehene standing in a great palace in an unknown area.
Starting Location:

Somehow slipped my mind, but do name your leader's wife/husband person please. I'll add that to the signup itself too.

posting interest would like to know more about what I can do like a hard date of a POD or something like that

Maybe I'll take Venice... I dunno

For anyone else who might want Venice, feel free to claim it, I am uncertain about joining just yet :) time reasons

I am still wondering what to play as.

I am toying with the idea of a stepp horde, Sweden reacting to what appear to be the wroth of the old Norse gods (emphasis on appear), China, the Seljuks or, if permitted, His Holiness the Pope.

The Holy Roman Empire | Das Heiliges römisches Reich
"The Holy Roman Empire was neither Holy, Roman, nor an Empire." - Voltaire

The proud and industrious north/south-germanic/occitanian lands are the ever-shifting forms that bind together the lumbering beast of central Europe; The Holy Roman Empire. Chivalrous Gothic Knights stride the heartlands alongside glittering noblemen, lowly serfs toil in vast fields of green, pious clergies and various merchantmen from across all of Europe dominate the sprawling cities - and they all live under the looming shadow and will of the Elector-Counts, and the Holy Kaiser. But trouble stirs as the empire now lingers on the edge of civil war - as well as rumoured horrors clawing deep into its southern territories.

Capital Name: Imperial City of Vienna
Government: Elective Monarchy
Religion: Roman Catholicism
Army/Navy Tradition: 5 Army, 0 Navy
Leader Name: Kaiser Karl Franz I of House Karling, Descendant of Charlemagne
Leader Traits: Skilled Economist, Skilled Politician, Skilled Diplomat
Leader's Betrothed Name: Lisa Babenhausen-Mindelheim-Cellmünz
Leader’s Betrothed Traits: Skilled Economist, Skilled Diplomat

Imperial Vassals: (6 Elector-Counts, 1 Kaiser)
(Ruling Body) Imperial Province of Austria (blue) - Kaiser Karl Franz I
(Vassal) Imperial Province of Brandenburg (red) - Elector-Count Adalbert Zollern
(Vassal) Imperial Province of of Brunswick-Luneburg (grey) - Elector-Count Hans von Kelheim-Boitzenburg
(Vassal) Imperial Province of Cologne (beige) - Elector-Count Wilhelm Geier
(Vassal) Imperial Province of Nassau (yellow) - Elector-Count Ferdinand von Hohenstein
(Vassal) Imperial Province of Lorraine (limegreen) - Elector-Count Mathias Von Graff
(Vassal) Imperial Province of Savoy (purple) - Elector-Count Giovani Natoli

History
The Holy Roman Empire is a feudal monarchy that encompasses a majority of central Europe, including Eastern France and Northern Italy. It was created by the coronation of the Frankish king Charlemagne as Roman emperor by Pope Leo III on Christmas Day in the year 800, thus restoring in their eyes the western Roman Empire that had been leaderless since 476. However, in our timeline, Charlemagne's Frankish successor emperors didn't falter under political and military challenges, and his inheritance was therefore not divided in 887. After 924 the HRE was again without an emperor until the coronation of Otto I, duke of Saxony in 962. This coronation was seen to transfer the Roman imperial office to the heirs of the East Franks, the Germans.

Starting Location:
Spoiler :

History: In the year of the Christian lord 1191, Rai Pithora's Fort - at the centre of a market town known as Delhi, and the seat of Prithviraj Chauhan's realm - was on a nervous watch. Afghan invaders under the leadership of one Muhammad Ghori were threatening the city. Prithviraj had recently repulsed Ghori in battle, but the Muslim was rebuilding his forces, preparing to strike again.

Then, a shooting star crossed the sky, and the heavens began to dance.

A morning after, all of Delhi awoke to find itself in an alien land. No longer did the familiar Yamuna flow past the city walls. Instead, Delhi found itself meeting a curious, utterly terrified lot of Christian pilgrims.

Little did they know that back in Hindustan, the people of the city Europeans knew as Santiago de Compostela had awoken to find themselves facing a curious, utterly terrified lot of Muslim soldiers.

But that's another story.

Back in Delhi, it turned out that Prithviraj Chauhan was absolutely nowhere to be found. In his stead, a council of priests from the city's temples who had been acting as the king's advisors took control. Under their rule, the city managed to weather the storm and the aftershocks quite well. The military was busy fending off fisrt armies of Christian pilgrims - desperate to find out what had actually happened to their beloved cathedral of St James - and then the occasional monster. The multitude of religious communities in the city, including Muslims, were secure and tolerated.

A group of Buddhist monks from the great centre of learning of Nalanda had been in Delhi at the time, and they helped start to categorise the monsters - and, more importantly, the mystical, magical, and occult practises that soon started to spread rapidly. The devotees found that their gods - and other gods, too - had given them real, physical blessings, and powers beyond imagination. Within weeks there was not a single soul left in Delhi who had not experimented with these new abilities.

The Christians called it the Necropolis, the City of the Dead, for what else could have so twisted Santiago de Compostela? But for Christians turning to witchcraft and wizardry, Delhi was a haven. Delhi's control began spreading beyond its walls, and the people of the countryside either fled or joined.

As for the priests in power, by the end, they were trying vainly to stop what had happened. The caste system had broken down, and the military, with their own occultist experiments, had become too powerful in their own right. But, the moment the priests dared banning magic, one of the formerly Buddhist monks, having been "anointed" with divinity when he climbed to the apex of the Iron Pillar and had been struck by lightning seemingly of his own creation, led a popular and military coup, had the priests exiled, and turned a city into a republic fashioned on that of a certain "Rome" he had read tales of. There were several differences, of course; women could vote here, and it was far more equal in socioeconomic status.

As for the one who led the revolt, he has faded into the background, working as a mystical guiding hand for the new state, communing with someone or something no one knows.

After the primary deity he is devoted to now - the one many others in Delhi are, too - he has taken the name Nagraj.

King of snakes.

Name: Sangama
Religion: Tantric Hinduism, Nagaism
Army/Navy: 4 Army, 1 Navy
Leader Name: Nagraj
Leader Traits: Heard the First Hymn, Scholar of the Spectrum, Skilled Strategist
Cultural Base: esoteric rites, magic, mysticism, heresy and the occult galore, the one place in Europe no god-fearing Christian dares trod

I am still wondering what to play as.

I am toying with the idea of a stepp horde, Sweden reacting to what appear to be the wroth of the old Norse gods (emphasis on appear), China, the Seljuks or, if permitted, His Holiness the Pope.

Country Name: The Holy Occitan Empire
Capital Name: Imperial City of Prague
Government: Absolute Divine Monarchy
Religion: The Imperial Cult
Leader Name: Gott-Kaiser Franz III
Leader Traits: Skilled Economist, Skilled Tactician, Skilled Diplomat
Leader's Betrothed Name:
Leader’s Betrothed Traits:

Cultural Base: PURGE THE IMPUREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Starting Location:
Spoiler :

Hey, hey, hey, hey I clearly claimed Rome get your mitts off please :p

Small thing for when the map is up with resources and the like:

In order to make my life easier I loaded up a civ 5 giant earth map mod and will place resources pretty much based on that. You will notice some rather odd resources in odd locations. Nothing like "deer in the desert," but still. I will justify it by saying !!spatial distortion paradox!! and run with it.

This does have an express purpose of the making the eventual new age of discovery that much newer, so there's that.

Nice sk. Rename the city Patala.

The Holy Roman Empire
"The Holy Roman Empire was neither Holy, Roman, nor an Empire." - Voltaire

The proud and industrious north/south-germanic/occitanian lands are the ever-shifting forms that bind together the lumbering beast of central Europe; The Holy Roman Empire. Chivalrous Gothic Knights stride the heartlands alongside glittering noblemen, lowly serfs toil in vast fields of green, pious clergies and various merchantmen from across all of Europe dominate the sprawling cities - and they all live under the looming shadow and will of the Elector-Counts, and the Holy Kaiser. But trouble stirs as the empire now lingers on the edge of civil war - as well as rumoured horrors clawing deep into its southern territories.

Capital Name: Imperial City of Prague
Government: Elective Monarchy
Religion: Roman Catholicism
Leader Name: Kaiser Franz III
Leader Traits: Skilled Economist, Skilled Politician, Skilled Diplomat
Leader's Betrothed Name: Lisa Babenhausen-Mindelheim-Cellmünz
Leader’s Betrothed Traits: Skilled Economist, Skilled Diplomat

Cultural Base: PURGE THE IMPUREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Starting Location:
Spoiler :

In addition to Rome being taken, someone else claimed France and I claimed Baden-Wirtemberg...

Zap has made an actual map using the one provided thats less conflicted, however, I seemed to have overlooked your claims myself as I did give him the go-ahead for the HRE. But we can still work something out I'm sure. Perhaps a split in The Empire caused by unrest from the massive imperial reforms?

For reference, here's Zap's actual claims:
http://i.imgur.com/yUQuftb.png

Well if I get my reserved area I can live with it (it's approximately the western half of the yellow province), even if I have to say claiming a ring around my country like that leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth. There's no actual rules that hinder such behavior though so it's up to the game mod to figure out how to solve such things.

EDIT: Zappericus, I didn't mean you were a buttface or something, I trust that your claims' problems were completely unintentional :) The above sentence made me seem a tad too toxic rhethorically, wasn't my intention and wasn't fair.

I was under the impression that central Europe was empty. I should've looked over the claim posts more attentively.

Sorry.

Considering that LoE said the large claim area would lead to instability and fracturing, perhaps Angst's claim could be a reflection thereof: the first state to break away from Zap's HRE.

Indeed I've talked to Zap about that already(don't worry about the little name typo :p)

I will be making some changes to the HRE to compensate both players as this did stem from an error on my part. A solid claims map for Baden-wurtemberg will help move that along. I'm sure we can reach something all parties will be satisfied with.

OK I claimed the area because my family's from that region and I had already played Denmark in like two other things right now. :p

I tried to run with the "unstable HRE" idea and draw a complex of provincial acquisitions. I drew the polity to look "good" even if the territorial makeup is messy - without taking France into account, for example. So tell me if I am out of line in some way, or if I should move any of the small areas to other places.

I tried to make the total area fill about the T1 circle because I thought that was the metric for a small, stable country (I'm currently looking more into the ruleset to see if I'm right or wrong at all).

Here's the map.

Spoiler :

I expect to end up with a color other than red.

Lorewise I think the area has simply established a Hochdeutsch confederation of sorts. It is centered around a cult that just recently shaped itself among the nobles in the area, a cult that grew out of the comet. Strange things are appearing in the mountains, and a particularly well-spoken bard named Vilan claims that he's the comet incarnate - its soul falling out of it, bestowed unto the land and becoming Jesus' resurrection that manifested in Vilan's flesh. As such, the End Times, the Kingdom of God, is thought to come now, and many of the nobles thought this was the truth, because of his (in truth mad-sounding) ravings' immense resolve and charm. This Vilan has convinced not only the nobles but also the common folk of the area. Vilan is traveling from court to court to spread his words to the aristocracy, but on the way he always visits all the local churches and shrines that he can, spreading the word of fury and the inbound apocalypse.

Also, he might have magical abilities, which help him here. But that depends. Currently thinking in the veins of the monk that converted Denmark because he was apparently able to hold molten iron in his hands without being damaged.

So many of the nobles joined because of religious zeal following the charismatic Vilan. But others joined simply because they were sick and tired of the poor quality of HRE central administration, the internal conflicts and policking of the country, so they declared part of this confederation, seeking independence. Lastly, some lords were simply opportunistic because of the HRE administration's lack of power in regards to consolidating its assets in the region.

So this is how the confederacy is formed, for all these reasons. I think it'd suit the setting if I started at war with @Zappericus, but it depends on what he thinks about it.

(Yea yea I know, I should make an actual application, but I need to have the territory OK'd first :p)

Top Bottom