The Second Empire of Texas
230 IC

8 - Regular Infantry

8 - Battleships

2 - One Army

80 - Convince Guinea to join the empire

12 - Espionage

120 - Science

Fighting in the streets of Athens! Thessaloniki has revolted!

Fighting has recently broken out, as of January 6th, 1904, in the streets of Athens, with the main groups citing the use of foreign engineers and manpower to build the Lyceum, but the investigation led by the council of Elders and the Ephors has determined that it has been ultimately instigated by a coalition of the remaining Communists and Monarchists.

This coincides with the full scale revolt in the ruins of Thessaloniki, where underground resistance groups have persisted to appear and be put down ever since the end of the civil war, barely 6 months ago. It has been determined that this is mainly a communist uprising, with little to no support from the other factions in Greek politics, although it is suspected that they are receiving foreign aid in the form of food, ammunition, weapons, and even a few artillery pieces that have shown up in the surrounding hills. Unlike the sporadic fighting in Athens, it looks like the Kings of Greece have come to the decision to once again put down the city forcefully. King Lacedaemon has taken control of his Army Group, and its full force is mere miles away from the city as of now, readying for the assault. There remains a few government and true apella holdouts throughout the city, mostly consisting of local police and citizens who are against the communists that have stubbornly decided to continue living in this wreck of the city.

Unfortunately, the city is in much the same state of destruction it was left in almost a year ago during the GCW, due to the constant resistance groups being a thorn in the side of the government, and the fear that any rebuilding effort would be disrupted by said groups. Hopefully, reconstruction there can finally get underway once this is over.

In Athens however, the situation is being handled by the mayor and his local police forces, as he has asked King Ariston to prevent official army deployment in the city, saying it might provoke an all out uprising like in the north. King Ariston, to the disgruntlement of King Lacedaemon, has granted this request, giving the mayor 10 days to get the city back under control. Thankfully, the police of the city have recently undergone a complete overhaul of equipment and training, and as many as 2,000 citizens of the apella have volunteered to fight alongside the police force. The rioters that include both monarchists and communists are estimated to number around 5,000, and our police force numbers about 500, although 200 of those officers are encircled at the city center in a shrinking ring of defense around the Lyceum which is as of yet, still incomplete. Construction has been halted for now as the construction crews and engineers working on it were able to evacuate in the early stages of this riot.

It is the hope of the government that the remaining 300 police officers and the 2,000 volunteers break the ring around the Lyceum which is about a mile form the building every way, and provide relief to the officers in addition to drive back the rioters, all within 48 hours. However, many have said this is unlikely, and an extremely optimistic goal. The protesters appear to be using alot of weapons that seem to originate with the Accord. Upon examination and thought, a hypothesis has been given that says they have most likely come from the regions of Saorise that have collapsed in recent months, and in the confusion they were either stolen and shipped off, or sold by local governments and warlords in order to make some quick, quiet cash. Many of them appear to have the insignias and marks of a certain distinguished Saorise unit that was based in Nigeria.

OOC: I will do my traditional big story with plenty of pictures and everything later in the week. This is just something that popped into my head.

The Kingdom of Swaziland, and the Accord Alliance, will not tolerate continued expansion into Africa and other recent Accordian territories beyond what has already occurred (Libya/Turkey). It is clear that there is a planned and concerted effort among the UNA to aggressively expand into Accordian territory.

Save your IC. Any claim to any independent African territory by any member of the UNA will be viewed as a hostile act against the Accord.

Expansion into Africa by members of the Comintern are expressly prohibited, especially in light of the fact that you were behind the recent revolt in Maghreb.

I can not re-iterate this enough. Expansion into the 5 open territories of Africa is an extremely aggressive act and I will not take kindly to it.

(OCC: Stop taking advantage of player loss to upset the balance of power in the game. The Accord has respected UNA territory since the creation of Canada and that unfortunate almost-war.)

Your're one to talk after aggressively invading almost all of South America. The CSA is simply looking to economically develope the Gold Coast. And maybe send some former slaves there to live, but more on that later.

Stop taking advantage of player loss to upset the balance of power in the game.

The advantage of power is already not-balanced in this game. Also, we haven't said anything about Africans controlling nearly half of South America, so why is this a problem?

Um....why is Greece not mentioned alongside Libya and Turkey? Does this mean you DO have plans to invade us?

We WOULD like to note however that the balance of power is already far slanted in your favor, by a LONG SHOT. Capitalizing on the loss of a player is, well, meant to happen. YOU are the one acting aggressively by essentially taking all the newly opened land for yourself, or threatening anyone that will take it besides you. Why should Swaziland get practically ALL of Africa? You are already the largest country in the world. I, King Ariston, and evidently many others around the world feel that way.

Just why should YOU, of all people, get practically an entire continent to yourself? Its one thing if its all in an alliance like in the americas, but its quite another when a single player owns it all.

@Greece - are you in the UNA?

@Others re: my holdings in South America - that is a result of a nation that declared war on my ally, and me coming to their aid. The pure definition of defensive. If Tawantinsuyo had not declared on Siam, they would still hold all of South America.

Decisions have consequences. Expand into Africa at your own risk.

The context of Libya and Turkey had nothing to do with the UNA. You mentioned them as "will not tolerate continued expansion into Africa and other recent Accordian territories beyond what has already occurred". That implies you will not tolerate Greece, which would mean you have plans for invasion.

And Greece needs somewhere to expand to. We have a mere 6 cities. Plus, how is it your right to deny or grant land on your entire continent? Countries should have the right to expand there without fear of being attacked by you. Right now, YOU are the definition of aggressiveness.

Also, you did not have to annex all that land from Peru. Nobody forced you to. You could have just asked for tribute or large sums of IC. Instead, you asked for land.

OOC: You know that was a fluke regardless! He was declaring war on them because THEY had declared war on HIS allies! It was a response declaration for all intents and purposes, only denied such a categorization because Kiwitt decided to go all technical and divide the DoWs into two time periods, not by what type they really were.

But then, we have been over this.

(OCC: I can't stress the importance of this. This is just like the Cuban Missile Crisis IRL. I will not allow an adversary (and likely enemy) to have a territorial wedge in my the middle of my Kingdom.

Greece: I am neutral to you. Expand here without serious good will dialogue and we will quickly go hostile. While I am totally and completely game-neutral to Greece, I still can't get over some serious trust issues I have with you as a player. If you want land, you can assist in the war against the USSR.)

IC: The Kingdom of Swaziland formally recognizes the government of Ethiopia. We hope to be strong friends and allies just as the previous (two) rulers of your land were.

@Greece - are you in the UNA?

@Others re: my holdings in South America - that is a result of a nation that declared war on my ally, and me coming to their aid. The pure definition of defensive. If Tawantinsuyo had not declared on Siam, they would still hold all of South America.

Decisions have consequences. Expand into Africa at your own risk.

No, that was you, capitalizing on a mistake and unclearness in the DOW rules as an excuse to declare war on Tawantinsuyo. Or what, you did it to protect Siam? Like Tawantinsuyo was a threat to them. Don't give me that bull.

Librulstan recognizes Ethiopia, and I'll post more when I have time to.

Australia simply wants to help economically develop Gabon and help lift its people out of poverty and oppression. We mean no harm, but we will not back down.

Poverty and oppression? They aren't uncivilized- Saoirse was a wealthy and free nation.

Besides, all of your excuses ring hollow. You don't need to annex and create colonies to aid these people. Send money to the Red Star, they'll help their economy develop.

GM: Announcements concerning units, supplies and the IMF

For a description on the new table, see here

For a ruling I have made on supplies, see here

For a detailed explanation on the IMF, see here

Blockade the neutral African regions so no ships from any power except Swaziland and France can go through.

GM: Not possible to blockade expansion funds.

The Accord calls us Imperialists. But who is truly the imperialists in the world? The Accord. Who got involved in a colonial war on land that belongs to the UNA? The Accord. Who invaded land on another continent that belongs to Colombia and Peru? The Accord. Who attacked a new government that promises to free the people from oppression by a iron-fisted ruler? The Accord. Who wants to control all of Africa by a single nation? The Accord. Who turned on its ally Britain? The Accord. The Accord has accused almost everyone else of being imperialists when it turns out that they, especially France and Swaziland, are the worst imperialists of us all!

Orders updated

Right, lets deal with this in the order presented.

Who got involved in a colonial war on land that belongs to the UNA?

Canada was not UNA land. The situation could be vaguely compared to the current situation in Africa, where an alliance member collapsed. However, thats ignoring the biggest difference: Canada petitioned for annexation.

Who invaded land on another continent that belongs to Colombia and Peru?

No war was fought against Colombia, although it should have been. Either way, this is part of the greater War on Communism.

Who attacked a new government that promises to free the people from oppression by a iron-fisted ruler?

Now you're starting to get ridiculous. We are liberating these territories from Communist tyranny. You slander the late Kan, and glorify a kleptocratic movement.

Who wants to control all of Africa by a single nation?

This is just untrue, and demonstrably so. Are Egypt and Libya in Africa? Yes. Are they ruled by different countries? Yes.

Who turned on its ally Britain?

This displays such a titanic and willful ignorance of the situation I shouldn't even bother. But I will anyways. The first, and most obvious point is that we were no longer allies at the time. A war was fought to defend British land from external aggression. Accordian soldiers fought and died for Britain. And then they leave the Accord, make a seperate peace, and begin making slanderous remarks about the Accord and its allies. Not only that, but the issue that they claimed to leave us over was resolved almost immediately afterwards.

To recap, Accordian soldiers fought and died to defend Britain, who then cuts, runs, and then turns around and slanders the Accord. Do you see why perhaps the Accord may have been slightly annoyed?

The Accord has accused almost everyone else of being imperialists when it turns out that they, especially France and Swaziland, are the worst imperialists of us all!

All of your accusations have proven false.

I do, however, find it interesting that when I pointed out a much better, and simpler way to help the people in former Saoirse, you say nothing about it and instead fling out accusations of imperialism. If you really wanted to help, then the money would be better spent donated to Red Star. This would mean the only possible reason you want to "help" them is to take possession of their land, especially since your reaction to me pointing this out is to try and distract from the issue.

Top Bottom