Iron and Blood: Redux – Sign Up Thread

BSmith1068

Deity
Retired Moderator
Iron and Blood: Redux
An Imperium Offtopicum Game

Welcome to Iron and Blood: Redux

Signups are OPEN - Only 2 spots left!

Iron and Blood is an empire-building slash role-playing game in the infamous Imperium Offtopicum (IOT) tradition. You create and take control of a nation, claim land, build armies, negotiate treaties, and attack each other.

It’s turn-based. One turn ends and a new turn begin with regular updates. The game will start in 1831 and each turn will represent 4 years, so the first turn will cover 1831 to the end of 1835.

There are a few house rules you are expected to follow:

1. Do not flame, troll, or personally insult any other player. You may comment on their actions negatively if they are behaving badly, but don't take it further than that.
2. Stay on topic. Make sure all comments are relevant to the fictional world of the current IOT and have nothing to do with your personal religious/political beliefs.
3. The Game Thread is not a chat room. If a conversation is only relevant to a few players, then discuss it with those players themselves. Use Social Groups or visitor/private messaging to discuss diplomatic issues. Don’t spam.
4. No powergaming. By definition, powergaming is making your country surpass every other country by all terms including armed forces, technology, etc.
6. The GM is supreme. He reserves the right to change game rules, ignore or modify orders, impose restrictions on players, disband player nations, and so on.
7. Above all else, RESPECT THY FELLOW FORUMERS.

People who break these rules will be penalized in variously strange and interesting ways. If you piss me off too much I will kick you out of the game.

FULL RULES

Full and detailed rules are in the IB:R Diplomacy Social group.

Is it very complicated? Not really; I try to make this relatively simple compared to some of the recent games. It takes perhaps a couple of minutes to put your orders for the turn together, though diplomatic discussions can take a bit more of your time.

How do I join? Fill in this application:

Nation name: what you want to call it.
Flag: can be RL flag or make your own.
Color: what you want your color to be on the map.
Capital: your capital province. This is the only province you will start with.
Description: give a description of your nation, (preferably more than a few sentences, but you don’t need to write an essay) for example who lives in your nation, history, politics, government policies, religion, culture, sport, and anything else you care to add.
National Goals: your nation’s aspirations.

If you are joining after the game has already started, you’ll still need to do the above, but I will give your nation some bonuses to compensate for starting late.

Roleplaying is very important in this game and highly encouraged. Unlike in other IOT games, however, I do care if your nation is inhabited by radioactive sultanas. Please keep things fairly realistic. I’m not very strict about it but you are expected to know a bit about geography (for example, expect a tougher fight in mountainous Afghanistan or snowy Russia) as well as some knowledge of 19th and 20th century history, and if you show up in 1860 with televisions or aircraft carriers or a 10 million-men army, I will assume you are consciously powergaming and take appropriate action. Anyone who forms Batmanistan will be kicked instantly.

You all start at 1820s tech; by this time you’re starting to see factories and early railroads appearing. Armies fight with late Napoleonic weapons. You are starting to see early steamships but wooden sailing ships, including ships of the line and fast ocean-going “clippers”, still dominate the waves. It is an exciting time when new ideas and ideologies are rising to challenge the status quo.

You can leave the game at anytime; I’m not going to stop you, though please, only join this game if you think you can stay active. You can rejoin, unless I kicked you out. Countries of people who quit will be NPCed.

The Map

Spoiler :

Starting Stats

Spoiler :

Diplomacy is now Open. But PLEASE use the group.

Players

NedimNapoleon – German Reich
Farsight - The Sultanate of Jakarta
Hoplitejoe - Al-Andalus
Prospo - The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland
Double A - Kenya
Kiwitt - The Russian Empire
Mosher - Brotherhood of Iron
SouthernKing - Byzantine Empire
Celticfury – Argentina
Tyo – China
Seron – Australia
Mechaerik – Quebec
Red_Spy – Sultanate of Lusitania
Sonereal – Empire of the Caribbean Sun
CELTICEMPIRE – Mexico
Christos200 – Kingdom of Manchuria
Momo1000 – Shahdom of Persia
Robert Can’t - The Jacobite Kingdom of New Caladonia
MaxaTheGreat – Empire of Brazil
General Olaf – Borjiginia
Gem Hound – Metis Nation
Arya126 – The Italian Federation
GamezRule – French Algerian Republic
DroopyTofu – Kingdom of Benin
Bestrfcplayer – Alaska
Yoshiegg737 - The United States of Singapura
spaceman98 - Republic of India
Mad Man – France and Paris

consider this a possible sign in... I'll have to figure out some things before I decide to join.
For one I'll have to read the complete ruleset first ;)

German Reich

Government: Empire
Color: Gray
Capital: Germany (Berlin)
Leader: Führer Nedim I von Bosnia
Religion: No State religion, any religion allowed
Currency: Reichsmark
Main Export: Salt, Fur, Wine...
Description: In 1399 a Bosnian Noble family married to the Austrian Royals, the family, gaining much power in salt trade, took over Lübek and Hamburg, with trade secure by the 1500's the family, with the help of the Austrians took over Prussia, from its empty thrown, In 1824 Nedim I von Bosnia reunited Germany.
National Goals: Deutschland über alles

Geography

Climate: Continental

Terrain: Various

Natural Resources: coal, copper, wool, lead, iron ore, salt, gold, wood..

Natural Hazards: None

Geography Note: Hilly and lots of Rivers

People

Population: 31,834,322

Population Growth: Currently 2.5%

Major City: Berlin und Bayern

Nationality:

noun: German(s)
adjective: German

Ethnic groups: German 90%, Poles 4% Bosnians 3% and others 3%

Official Language: German

Government

Country Name:

conventional long form: Deutsches Reich
conventional short form: German Reich
local long form: Deutsches Reich und Bosnisch Reich
local short form: Deutschland

Government type:
Absolute Monarchy (Fake Parliament)

Capital: Berlin

Administrative divisions: 16 Länder

National holiday: National Day, 12 July (1821)

Legal System: Civil Law

Economy

Economy - overview: Industry above Industry

Exports: Wool, Coal, Fur, Copper, Gold, Salt, Wine and Rakia

Imports: Ivory, Bananas, Basic Manufactured Goods, fish, kerosene, Opium, Coffee, Tea...

Currency: Reichsmark

Military

Military branches: Wermacht und Jäger Battalion

Military service age and obligation: All men of 18 must go on one years training

Transnational Issues

holy... that was quick... You had that prepared.. didn't you?

The Sultanate of Jakarta

Basic Overview
Government: Hereditary Monarchy based in Sharia Law
Color: Tropical Rainforest (0/117/94)
Capital: Jakarta (Indonesia)
Leader: Suparman I
Religion: Islam (de facto official), Hinduism, Christianity, Buddhism, Various animist beliefs
Currency: Rupiah
Main Exports: Cinnamon, Pepper, Ginger, Tumeric... (Basically Spices)
Description: The decline of the Netherlands in the Indonesia region led to the rise of Jakarta as a regional power. Under the rule of Sultan Suparman I, Jakarta expanded from a mere regional entity to one consiting of almost the entire Nusantara.
National Goals: Unite the Spice Islands and possibly even the entire Indic cultural region.

Geography

Climate: Tropical Rainforest dominates most of the area

Terrain: Varies, although many 'inland' areas are quite mountainous

Natural Resources: Tin, Copper, Gold, Iron, Spices

Natural Hazards: Diseases

People

Population: 20 000 000

Population Growth: Currently 3.5%

Largest City: Jakarta

Nationalities: Javanese, Sundanese ,Malaysians, Chinese, Various tribes

Government

Country Name: Jakarta
  • Conventional long form: Most Sublime State of Jakarta
  • Conventional short form: Jakarta
  • Local long form: Sangat Agung Nagari Jakarta
  • Local short form: Jakarta

Government type: Traditional Monarchy

Capital: Jakarta

Administrative divisions: 5 administrative prefectures

National holiday: N/A

Economy

Economy - overview: Market economy

Exports: Spices, Fruits, Fish, Iron, Gold, Tin, Copper

Imports: Tea, Manufactured Goods, Ivory, Coal, Firearms

Currency: Rupiah

Military

Military branches: Jakartan Army, Navy, Marine Force

Military service age and obligation: All men of 16 years must undergo a draft of 4 years.

It's probably the same one he had for IB1. ;)

Nedim - I won't stop you, but I'd really like it if people were different nations than they were in IB1.

Not decided on a good name yet :mischief:

Color:
Purple

Capital:
Maghreb

Description:
In 1830 the French invaded Algeria. This invasion would be the start of an tumultuous year. All factions in the Maghreb came to the aid of Algeria in an attempt to drive the French from North Africa. During the war a faction from Tunis gained the upper hand within the allied factions and when the French were defeated they were able to take control of the whole region. Establishing their capital in Cartagho they started working towards their ultimate goal: A Carthago ruled Meditarrenean.

National Goals:
Unite the Meditarrenean
Regions:
Spain, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Syria, Egypt, Lybia
Negotiable:
Balkans, France, Central Europe

Nation Name: The Empire of Al-Andalus
Flag:
Spoiler :

Color: The red in the flag
Capital: Cordoba
History:
Spoiler :
In the early part of the of the 8th-century Moorish people united under the Umayyad caliphate launched an invasion of the Iberian peninsular fighting against the Visigoth kingdoms. After the collapse of these kingdoms the invaders were able to take much of the land forming the caliphate of Cordoba. When in Arabia, the Abbasid family overthrew the Umayyad one of the grandsons of the former Sultan escaped to Iberia forming its own distinct kingdom under the name Al-Andalus.
The kingdom became a cultural Hub producing many architectural wonders and artworks although always warring with the North Christian. By the start of the 10th century part of the land in Iberia had been lost to the Christian kingdoms around this period Al-Andus became part of two Dynasties,The Almoravid and the Almohad Dynasties. After the Battle of Al-Uqab, which was a brutal victory against the Christian attackers, land began to be retaken. With the collapse of the Almohad our land is once again became an independent kingdom, releasing the province in the west of the country as a vassal due to irreconcilable differences. In 1492, the last of the Christian kingdoms Leon, a client of Al-Andalus, was incorporated into the country.
During the 16th century Al-Andalus expanded North Africa and down the East Coast. During this period the nation mostly ignored European politics only fighting off the occasional French invasion and Christian order. At his greatest extent in 1578 the Sultanate controlled the coast of Africa down to the Gold Coast and North Africa up to Tunis. After a succession crisis the Sultanate started to stagnate and control over these areas began to be lost. By 1621 Lusitania had revoked the protection of Al-Andulus and most of the African land was lost.
In 1705 a French invasion of the remaining North Africa and Holdings was brutally successful this wiping out most of the garrisons after signing and a humiliating defeat and attempt to modernise the country was made. The Sultanate lost powers to a Parliament and there were attempts to make alliances with Christian European nations. This appeared to be somewhat successful as they fought in many of the major wars of the era including War of the Austrian Succession and the Seven Years War. In a sign that the westernisation had worked Al-Andalus fought well and the Napoleonic wars stopping most of the expansion into their land, although failing to regain Algeria.

National Goals: To keep up with and influence our Christian neighbours

@HJ... you've got to be kiddin me....

I have been planning to be them since the 12th. Sorry :D

yeah, I thought about that but I find that so cliché..... It's my back-up name however

Nation name: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland
Informal name: British Empire
Nickname: The UK
Flag:

Note: After 1801 and the formal annexation of Ireland and the adding of St. Patrick's Cross to the flag, Welsh nationals spoke up about the lack of St. Davids cross the Union Jack. Shortly thereafter in a rare move of aknowledging the Welsh, the cross was added in 1803
Color: The traditional pink used to mark the British on maps
Capital: London, the British Isles
Description: The British peoples of the isles are made up primarily of Scots, the Welsh, the English, and the Irish Gaels. Though once a colonial power they ,along iwth most of Europe, have lost their empire abroad recently to rebellions and foreign wars. A new government has been elected to Parliment with promise of complete political reform, a return to economic prosperity, and international prestige. As of now the government is in a state of flux as powers are temporarily restored to the monarch to allow transition.

The British Isles, with the notable exception of the roman catholic province of Leinster in Ireland, is mostly protestant. The inhabitants of England and Wales are overwhemingly anglican, as are the inhabitants of the lowlands of Scotland. The highlands of Scotland and the majority of Ireland, however, is presbyterian. The Irish are often derogatively referred to as "Patties" due to the massive number of Gaels named Patrick, and the English as "Tommies" for much the same reasons. The citizens of the country are reffered to as British or Brits.

Motto: crescat scientia, vita excolatur
- where knowledge increases, life is enriched

Quiquid latine dictum sit altum viditur

National Goals: National goals including closer ties with the continental powers, the re-establishment of the Empire and the spreading of English culture to thet edges of the earth.

Kenya

Gold
Capital: Nairobi, Kenya (East Africa)
Description: East Africans, worried that Europeans would soon take over their continent (despite the whites' loss in Maghreb), united under the incredibly awesome flag of Kenya. These Muslim-Africans will attempt to keep as many others safe from slavery etc as possible.
National Goals: Kick names and take ass.

The Russian Empire
Color: Red for Russia
Capital: Russia
Government:Hereditary Monarchy
Leader: Nicholas I of Russia

Description:A revolt had tried to usurp the Emperor's ascension to the throne. And many former provinces had gained independence (Livonia, Ukraine, Idel-Ural, Caucasus,Siberia, Kazakhstan, Central Asia, Tartary and Yakutsk). He is starting to bring in new legal reforms using the skills of veteran Count Speransky and hopes to once again restore the empire to its full glory once again.

National Goals: To Reunite the Russian Empire under a benevolent Monarchy

You should have said benevolent moustache

The British would like to approach the Russians regarding an alliance, seeing as we are both countries fighting to bring back our empires?

Top Bottom