1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Donald Trump Done for?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Archbob, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Archbob

Archbob Ancient CFC Guardian

Manafort has been found guilty on 8 accounts(Mistrial on other 10) and Cohen is working fully with investigators. I bet they have a lot of dirt on Trump. Trump could pardon Manafort but that could be obstruction of Justice. So, Donald Trump done for or does he have another ace up his sleeve. Perhaps he will turn into Super Saiyan Donald Trump or the The Donald Trump of the six paths and crush everyone in his way?

2. Berzerker

Berzerker Chieftain

campaign finance violations prior to taking office wont result in impeachment

3. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

The lapdogs in the GOP are not going to vote to impeach him, no matter what. They can't get away from the power that Trump has enabled them to have. It would require them to lose the majority first.

4. Archbob

The GOP may not have the senate or the house after November though.

5. Archbob

Well, colluding with Russia to influence our elections is a much more serious charge. That would be "conspiracy against the United States of America".

6. Broken_Erika

Broken_Erika Nothing

They will if they decide that elections need to be postponed until the threat of foreign interference and voter fraud has been dealt with.

Lexicus likes this.
  7. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Entangled Retired Moderator Supporter

Tonight Lawrence O'Donnell had a clip of Mitch McConnell making a speech calling for Clinton's impeachment, not because he had committed a crime, that wasn't necessary, but to cleanse the Office from an unfit person.

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  8. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

Yea, we'll have to see on that. I just hope enough time can be bought to deal with the Supreme Court nomination

9. Berzerker

Berzerker Chieftain

GOP is scared to death of opposing Trump, he has the base and they will punish naysayers

Even if the Dems win the House I doubt they'll impeach him, the Senate wont convict and violating campaign finance laws is bipartisan and small potatoes. But the Dems will have to face an angry constituency if they dont impeach and if they do they run the risk of helping Trump like the GOP did with Clinton.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-...-payments-trump-dossier-author-steele-n897506

Hillary's even more 'guilty', her campaign actually bought dirt on Trump from Russians. Getting dirt on your opponent isn't a conspiracy against the USA, its free speech.

10. FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire Codex WMDicanious

this is a smoking gun pointed at Kushner head
    Manafort isnt the inner ring of the Trump administration, but I suspect Manafor likely holds to key information about Russia collusion.

11. FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire Codex WMDicanious

Dont worry Berzerker
    With the Republican control of Congress, the Presidency and Trump appointees to the DOJ, FBI and CIA anyday now Hillary will be locked up.

Lexicus likes this.
  12. Dachs

Dachs Emissary of Hell

distinction without difference
    lol

13. Berzerker

Berzerker Chieftain

The reluctance of the GOP to oppose Trump has little to do with being in the majority and almost everything to do with getting primaried by a Trumpet. The GOP looks to lose the House but we dont see them jumping Trump's ship.

14. Dachs

Dachs Emissary of Hell

Because it's not just his ship, it's their ship? Again: you're drawing a distinction without difference.

15. Commodore

Commodore Technology of Peace

Ugh. Elections are not, and never will be, suspended. Both Democrats and Republicans always accuse the other party of planning to do it, yet it mysteriously never happens. Hmm, wonder why? Could it be because your political opponents aren't the absolute demons you think them to be?

I'll tell you what I told Republicans who said the same thing about Obama: Stop being such a drama queen.

CivGeneral and Berzerker like this.
  16. Berzerker

Berzerker Chieftain

There's a difference between going along for the ride because you like the power and going along for the ride for fear of offending the ship's captain. It aint their ship, its his...

17. CivGeneral

CivGeneral Widowmaker

The most I’d expect, is Trump becoming a lame duck president.

18. Cutlass

Cutlass The Man Who Wasn't There.

Nope. Conservatives love treason and hate America too much. They'll back Trump, or someone like him, until foreign troops patrol the streets throughout America.

19. MaryKB

MaryKB Chieftain

I agree with you, I believe Democrats are going to win the House, but the Senate will likely be unlikely because of how population distribution goes, and we have so many small red states with two senators each. But with a Democratic House of Representatives, I don't believe Donald will get anything done.

I'm more expecting he might be in bigger trouble once his term ends.

20. Lexicus

Lexicus Warlord

Hasn't anyone learned anything from the last year and a half? The only thing that will finish Donald Trump is if Democrats control the House and Senate. If they do, they will impeach and convict Trump, and probably keep impeaching and convicting until there are like two cabinet officials left.