Is Elon Musk a fraud?

Is Elon Musk a fraud?

• Yes, he is a fraud

Votes: 41 70.7%
  • No, he isn't a fraud

Votes: 17 29.3%

• Total voters
The Melon Husk has now decided that he will pay for Gina Carano's lawyers to sue Disney for firing her over her support of more or less every USian rightwing talking point including the attempted coup in January 2021, racism against blacks and Jews, transgender people, CoVid-19 conspiracy theories, etc.

As for the timing, Carano is filing the lawsuit now because Musk posted in August of last year that “if you were unfairly treated by your employer due to posting or liking something on this platform, we will fund your legal bill.”

In a post on X, Carano says that she reached out soon after that to see if she qualified. “To my surprise, a few months ago I received an email from a lawyer who had been hired by X to look into my story & many others,” she wrote. “Turns out after sending them as much information as I could gather these past few months, my now lawyers & X believe whole-heartedly in my case & are moving forward.”

Of course that this has nothing to do with Husk having had a meltdown against Disney when they exercised their free-market right to take their business somewhere else.

I don't like Musk at all, but it's his money, clearly he affords to spend more :)
I do wonder if realistically there is any chance that X can turn into the US version of the Chinese all-app (which more crucially includes monetary transactions) as he intends to do. One'd expect that for such to happen, the US government would need to side with Musk instead of the traditional banking oligarchy which obviously wouldn't want to lose the transaction automatic fees (in the order of many tens of billions of dollars annually, maybe more).

I don't like Musk at all, but it's his money, clearly he affords to spend more :)
I do wonder if realistically there is any chance that X can turn into the US version of the Chinese all-app (which more crucially includes monetary transactions) as he intends to do. One'd expect that for such to happen, the US government would need to side with Musk instead of the traditional banking oligarchy which obviously wouldn't want to lose the transaction automatic fees (in the order of many tens of billions of dollars annually, maybe more).
I mean this would turn him into the evil people he's always wailing about on his app wouldn't it? I mean the We Chat app is like super invasive and well yea it is not great...

I mean this would turn him into the evil people he's always wailing about on his app wouldn't it? I mean the We Chat app is like super invasive and well yea it is not great...
But would he even be allowed to have such an app there? In China, it is already controlled by the state. Musk isn't officially part of the US government :)
The banking sector certainly wouldn't want to depart with 100 billion dollars or similar/year for just verifying payments - beyond ridiculously overpriced a service and easy money for them.

He has pinned an upload of Tucker Carlson's interview to his profile and also he claims that he will only use Twitter for communication with other people.

:rolleyes:

If he wants to continue having a very extended breakdown across social media, that's up to him. :rolleyes:

The Melon Husk striketh again!
The man's a full-on scam artist.

Elon Musk moves SpaceX incorporation to Texas after Delaware judge axed $56bn Tesla pay

Decision to move rocket company comes after Musk said he would hold shareholder vote to move Tesla to Texas as well

Rocket company SpaceX has moved its state of incorporation to Texas from Delaware, CEO Elon Musk has announced.

Spoiler :
“SpaceX has moved its state of incorporation from Delaware to Texas! If your company is still incorporated in Delaware, I recommend moving to another state as soon as possible,” Musk said on the platform.

The move comes after a Delaware judge ruled last month in favor of Tesla investors who had launched a lawsuit to challenge Musk’s $56bn pay package as excessive. Musk, who is also CEO of Tesla said, earlier this month that he would hold a shareholder vote to move Tesla’s state of incorporation to Texas as well.

“The public vote is unequivocally in favor of Texas! Tesla will move immediately to hold a shareholder vote to transfer state of incorporation to Texas,” Musk said on X earlier this month after holding a poll where 87% of respondents voted “yes” for Tesla’s change of incorporation.

In January, the Delaware judge found that Musk’s compensation was inappropriately set by the electric-vehicle maker’s board and struck down the package.

The decision followed a lawsuit launched by Tesla shareholder Richard Tornetta five years ago, which accused Musk of improperly dictating negotiations around the compensation package, and claimed that the board had acted without independence.

Tesla’s agreement with Musk is by far the largest compensation deal ever for an executive and it contributes a significant part of his fortune, which is one of the world’s largest. Musk testified during the compensation trial in November 2022 that the money would be used to finance interplanetary travel.

Musk’s brain-chip implant company, Neuralink, also changed its location of incorporation from Delaware to Nevada last week.

tl;dr Musk and his board decided that he was owed a 56-billion (short scale) dollar pay package by Tesla and shareholders voted against it so there was a lawsuit and a Delaware judge ruled against him.
The solution to this is to move to… Texas, except for Neuralink which moved to Nevada.

The public vote?? What do the shareholders think about conducting business via Twitter, of all things?

(Or, more importantly, why the hell aren't they doing anything about it?)

Or, more importantly, why the hell aren't they doing anything about it?)

Why would they, after SpaceX became the leading company in commercial (satellite) space launches?
Tesla sparked global EV manufacturing fever, growing thousands of % as a result over ten years, becoming the largest auto company globally.
Twitter? Monthly visits keep rising faster than competition after Musk took over. “Similarweb” says 1.6 bn visits in January, up 3.5% sequentially.

Can’t say much about neuralink and other ventures, the point is -

They won’t do anything about it when rapid value appreciation is on display. “They” will try to protect their king Midas at all costs.

If he is about to lose grip on twitter, tesla, if he is about to lose satellite monopoly, or ends up eclipsed by Zuckerberg in the field of gossip - now that’s when it will be logical to expect shareholders wishing to do something about the eccentric metatechnician. Not exactly hard times over there.

There is a constant state of struggle for power within a large conglomerate. Reading Tesla news I noticed random spikes of negativity within the board, otherwise he seems to be a tech deity to the biggest shareholders.

Musk’s drug use seem to have spiked lately - that’s a notable one. For normal people that’s, usually, when the trouble begins.

the feeling of victory against any eternally hated enemy is such a stimulant and the Right easily equals the Left , let alone those who would be termed as wokes . Never minding that Musk could have a million or billion bots at once .

The Melon Husk striketh again!
The man's a full-on scam artist.

Elon Musk moves SpaceX incorporation to Texas after Delaware judge axed $56bn Tesla pay

Decision to move rocket company comes after Musk said he would hold shareholder vote to move Tesla to Texas as well
Rocket company SpaceX has moved its state of incorporation to Texas from Delaware, CEO Elon Musk has announced.​
Spoiler :
“SpaceX has moved its state of incorporation from Delaware to Texas! If your company is still incorporated in Delaware, I recommend moving to another state as soon as possible,” Musk said on the platform.
Spoiler :

The move comes after a Delaware judge ruled last month in favor of Tesla investors who had launched a lawsuit to challenge Musk’s $56bn pay package as excessive. Musk, who is also CEO of Tesla said, earlier this month that he would hold a shareholder vote to move Tesla’s state of incorporation to Texas as well.​
“The public vote is unequivocally in favor of Texas! Tesla will move immediately to hold a shareholder vote to transfer state of incorporation to Texas,” Musk said on X earlier this month after holding a poll where 87% of respondents voted “yes” for Tesla’s change of incorporation.​
In January, the Delaware judge found that Musk’s compensation was inappropriately set by the electric-vehicle maker’s board and struck down the package.​
The decision followed a lawsuit launched by Tesla shareholder Richard Tornetta five years ago, which accused Musk of improperly dictating negotiations around the compensation package, and claimed that the board had acted without independence.​
Tesla’s agreement with Musk is by far the largest compensation deal ever for an executive and it contributes a significant part of his fortune, which is one of the world’s largest. Musk testified during the compensation trial in November 2022 that the money would be used to finance interplanetary travel.​
Musk’s brain-chip implant company, Neuralink, also changed its location of incorporation from Delaware to Nevada last week.​

tl;dr Musk and his board decided that he was owed a 56-billion (short scale) dollar pay package by Tesla and shareholders voted against it so there was a lawsuit and a Delaware judge ruled against him.
The solution to this is to move to… Texas, except for Neuralink which moved to Nevada.

The lawsuit was by a heavy metal drummer who owned 9 shares of Tesla. (About $180 worth in 2019)

The price of shares plummeted, naturally a good part of the other shareholders aren't happy and some would have lost serious money (as in the shares being worth less than when they originally bought them).

And the price of shares plummeted because of the Elon awarding himself a pay increase?

Funnily enough it turns out he isn't so much a fraud as just a fascist

YTD Tesla stock is down from ~$250/share to $199/share.

Over the past 12 months is flat: $200/share a year ago and $199 now. During those months it has been as low as $153 and as high as $294.

He's always had a very high opinion of himself. If he's now abusing drugs as well, who knows?

I wish I had 50 billion dollars. Or actually 1 billion dollars would be just fine ^^
I doubt Musk will leave usable stuff behind in high-tech, but anyway, who cares. He is part of cloud-capitalism and currently tries to advance it to Chinese level in the US, with a single app.

Funnily enough it turns out he isn't so much a fraud as just a fascist
Well, fascism is kindof a fraud. It never worked out even for fascists.

Top Bottom