Is Fox News fair and balanced?

• YES: Fox news is fair and balanced

Votes: 41 14.4%
  • NO: Fox news is NOT fair and balanced:

Votes: 232 81.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 11 3.9%

• Total voters
Not exactly, but when you discuss the low variability in preferences, it comes to a similar result.
No, it's not. He's referring to what people believe their perceptions are, not the actual truth of their perceptions. Fifty brought in the black coffee example, in which people objectively did not receive as much pleasure in black coffee as opposed to coffee with sugar and milk through studying their pleasure centers, despite the insistence of those very same people that they thought black coffee was superior, because they thought that it was supposed to be superior.

It has nothing to do with the popular opinion of what is beautiful/tasty.

It's also a completely irrelevant comparison when we're talking about facts not relating to the nature of the human species.

No, it's not. He's referring to what people believe their perceptions are, not the actual truth of their perceptions. Fifty brought in the black coffee example, in which people objectively did not receive as much pleasure in black coffee as opposed to coffee with sugar and milk through studying their pleasure centers, despite the insistence of those very same people that they thought black coffee was superior, because they thought that it was supposed to be superior.
You're confusing sensory reactions with perceptions. The actuality of the perceptions is what they believe, not the set of nervous interactions between the tongue and those "pleasure centers." They're two different things.

It has nothing to do with the popular opinion of what is beautiful/tasty.
It has more to do with popular opinions of what is (fill in the blank) than with the base sensory details.

It's also a completely irrelevant comparison when we're talking about facts not relating to the nature of the human species.
You're the one attempting to make those discussions factual. For the broader discussions the rest of us have been participating in, it's entirely relevant.

I'm not proposing that we should depart from a factual discussion in trying to assess whether Fox is fair and balanced . As you have so clearly pointed out, viewership and popularity are not sufficient criteria for determining a bias or lack thereof in the material presented on the Fox News services.

Condoms are sold in this country for their 'sensitivity'.

Fox News sells itself on 'fair and balanced'

I see a pattern.
Fox News usually won't get people knocked up?

Reminds me to dislike America even more than I already do...:rolleyes:

I'm sure there are many places in the world you have lived in and they just did not meet your standards? I'll take a dozzen, please :)

I'm sure there are many places in the world you have lived in and they just did not meet your standards? I'll take a dozzen, please :)
Just Germany and Israel so far.
But I know that every country has its own associated downsides, not just average "We-are-the-mightiest-nation-in-the-universe"-America alone. :)

EDIT: "We-are-the-mightiest-nation-in-the-universe"-America, heard that one at Fox News too, made me laugh! :lol:

Just Germany and Israel so far.
But I know that every country has its own associated downsides, not just average "We-are-the-mightiest-nation-in-the-universe"-America alone. :)

EDIT:"We-are-the-mightiest-nation-in-the-universe"-America, heard that one at Fox News too, made me laugh! :lol:

So in other words, you just don't like America because of what is said on Fox News? That makes perfect sense! Brillant!

eastsidebagel said:
Reminds me to dislike America even more than I already do...

Reminds me why I like America. Australia does not have a diversity of opinion in our government or media. Our two major parties are so similar I can sometimes have trouble telling who came up with what proposal. Australia has undertaken economically at least in theory a major shift to the left, we went from electing an avowedly "fiscal conservatism" Prime Minister, to having a "Social Democrat" for a Prime Minister inside one term with scarcely a word of debate. Our media and political elite are so close that we are never going to get a robust debate on it. I would welcome a voices from the far left and far right to monkey wrench our present political inertia.

Thanks a lot! I'm not giving you any Christmas presents.
What about Chanukka presents? :(
So in other words, you just don't like America because of what is said on Fox News? That makes perfect sense! Brillant!
*cough* *cough*
I was making a joke before.

My real opinion about the U.S. of A. is that I don't really care about it anyway.

Reminds me to dislike America even more than I already do...:rolleyes:

Tabloids are just about as asinine everywhere. America is just a large enough market to have a rolling news tabloid station. Hate Fox News sure. Laugh at the Fair and Ballanced claim, without question. But while it's not nice it's hardly a reason to hate a nation.

Tabloids are just about as asinine everywhere. America is just a large enough market to have a rolling news tabloid station. Hate Fox News sure. Laugh at the Fair and Ballanced claim, without question. But while it's not nice it's hardly a reason to hate a nation.
But there is a thing which I really hate about America, and this time it isn't a joke: Why do they feel everytime so obligated to intermingle into the issues of other sovereign nations? It's none of their business whatsoever, but yet, America appears to have the universal right to interfere in the affairs of other nations as they please. Why is that?

But there is a thing which I really hate about America, and this time it isn't a joke: Why do they feel everytime so obligated to intermingle into the issues of other sovereign nations? It's none of their business whatsoever, but yet, America appears to have the universal right to interfere in the affairs of other nations as they please. Why is that?

With a very few exceptions every nation attempts to influence other nations so far as they are capable. From the best or worst of motives. To be honest when nations dont try to influence the world we castigate them for failing to live up to the obligations their sucess imposes upon them.

Top Bottom