Is this Queen Tamar?

Inca is looking like a pretty safe bet if they use a smaller crown though a part of me is also wondering if it could be Zenobia. A few of the depictions I've seen also show her with a thinner crown.

Another possibility I just thought of (especially if they want to surprise us and save the Inca for some sort of DLC bundle) is Lautaro of the Mapuche. That would be quite the surprise!

I don't think we could've timed that better if we tried! Glad we're thinking along the same lines!

@TahamiTsunami While beautiful, that picture of Zenobia has "fantasy" written all over it (not that that would stop the devs *points to Barbarossa*). I'd also be very surprised to see Zenobia and Tamar in the same expansion.

@Zaarin To be honest, apart from from being a bit stylized, I thought it was an acceptable depiction of her. I'll be the first to admit that Firaxis could've made Zenobia exactly like that picture and I would've accepted it. I was looking for depictions of her with a thinner crown so that first picture worked for me but would these represent a more accurate Zenobia? Regardless, I do suppose that it would a longshot for Zenobia and Tamar to be in the same expansion (though not impossible, especially if we want a leader that can take advantage of another civ's dark age/disloyal cities), so I'm thinking that Lautaro is more likely for the mystery leader. I still have my hopes up for her!

Inca is looking like a pretty safe bet if they use a smaller crown though a part of me is also wondering if it could be Zenobia. A few of the depictions I've seen also show her with a thinner crown.

Another possibility I just thought of (especially if they want to surprise us and save the Inca for some sort of DLC bundle) is Lautaro of the Mapuche. That would be quite the surprise!

Personally I'm feeling skeptical about the Inca. Something doesn't quite fit with that idea. I'm not convinced that it would be the Mapuche either.
Could be Zenobia...Would be interesting.

@TahamiTsunami While beautiful, that picture of Zenobia has "fantasy" written all over it (not that that would stop the devs *points to Barbarossa*). I'd also be very surprised to see Zenobia and Tamar in the same expansion.

"Fantasy" seems to be what the Devs are going for anyway...

@TahamiTsunami Yeah, those would be a lot more accurate, I think. I'm not sure if she would have literally worn a uraeus, but hey, she did claim to be descended from Cleopatra. I'd love to see her included at some point: her reputation for chasteness would be a great contrast with Cleo's oversexed portrayal.

"Fantasy" seems to be what the Devs are going for anyway...

That's not "fantasy," that's "horror"--two very different genres. :p

@TahamiTsunami Yeah, those would be a lot more accurate, I think. I'm not sure if she would have literally worn a uraeus, but hey, she did claim to be descended from Cleopatra. I'd love to see her included at some point: her reputation for chasteness would be a great contrast with Cleo's oversexed portrayal.

That's not "fantasy," that's "horror"--two very different genres. :p

Why the hate towards Boudicca's appearance in Civ5? :cry: Wasn't her Civ4 depiction even worst?

Why the hate towards Boudicca's appearance in Civ5? :cry: Wasn't her Civ4 depiction even worst?
No, no. The woad, dreads, and pseudo-kilt were definitely worse. :p

No, no. The woad, dreads, and pseudo-kilt were definitely worse. :p

I guess they thought those additions were more interesting than whatever Boudicca wore in real life.....:p

Boudica closeup (Civ4).jpg

Civ4 Boudicca still has the low cut neckline and the tattoos though, and a bizarre hairstyle. Plus Medieval Castles in her background. :p

I guess they thought those additions were more interesting than whatever Boudicca wore in real life.....:p

View attachment 485178
Civ4 Boudicca still has the low cut neckline and the tattoos though, and a bizarre hairstyle. Plus Medieval Castles in her background. :p
That's because in real life she would have looked like a middle-aged redheaded Roman matron. :p

That's because in real life she would have looked like a middle-aged redheaded Roman matron. :p

So her people, the Iceni, were already wearing Roman clothing?

Something like this?
boudicca_0064_web.jpg

@Guandao Yeah. In fact, Boudicca was a big fan of Rome until the local governor murdered her husband, seized his throne, and raped her and her daughters. Can't imagine how that might have led her to rebel. :rolleyes: I guess Strabo's description of her just doesn't sound stereotypically Celt-y enough. :p

@Guandao Yeah. In fact, Boudicca was a big fan of Rome until the local governor murdered her husband, seized his throne, and raped her and her daughters. Can't imagine how that might have led her to rebel. :rolleyes: I guess Strabo's description of her just doesn't sound stereotypically Celt-y enough. :p

At least the torc in his description seems "Celtic" to me. :p And her long hair.

View attachment 484875

We're getting closer, but the "crown" doesn't quite reach the rim of the portrait, and the cheekbones stick out too much. Possible character re-model though, as the skin tone is similar.

I think the biggest contradiction that the Portrait actually shows an Inca ruler, is the missing big golden earrings. You should definitely discover them, even in the pixelated Portrait.

If it's really a woman, I tend to say it is Zenobia by now. The skin tone should fit. In addition, she would definitely fulfill the Firaxis-Leaderhead requirement for big personalities.

I think the biggest contradiction that the Portrait actually shows an Inca ruler, is the missing big golden earrings. You should definitely discover them, even in the pixelated Portrait.

If it's really a woman, I tend to say it is Zenobia by now. The skin tone should fit. In addition, she would definitely fulfill the Firaxis-Leaderhead requirement for big personalities.
I agree, the lack of earrings is the biggest evidence against an Inca leader. The portrait looks a little dark for Zenobia, but then Tamar looks positively South Indian, so...

That, but with even longer hair. Also, most depictions of her have her wielding a spear.

This one looks a bit fantasy, but I'd settle with this...(well, hopefully they give her more accurate footwear at least)

Top Bottom