1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

"Islam is violent! Just read the Koran to see for yourself!"

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Phlegmak, Sep 10, 2007.

1. warpus

warpus In pork I trust

You can be the follower of any holy book (including the Bible) and still be wrong.

2. Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust New Englander

If this is directed at me, your post is a shining example of missing my point.
    Yes you can, you can condemn it using the Koran and you can support them using the Koran. Both have been done for many of years allready.
    I didn't say he was, since I am not going to define what a muslim should be doing to be a follower of Islam. Are you saying he is more of a muslim ot more of a follower of Islam than the people I mentioned?
    And in other places it supports them.
    Wow. An example. Colour me unimpressed :)
    These suicide bombers are in the wrong. They are followers of an interpretation of the Koran.

You never contradicted anything I said :confused:

3. fishjie

fishjie omghi2u

well technically, jesus did away with everything in the old testemant. believers are called upon to imitate christ. since jesus never killed anyone, and instead called upon people to "turn the other cheek" and "love your enemies" you can say that christianity is inherently peaceful (note too, that NONE of his followers, the 12 apostles + paul, hurt anyone either, EXCEPT for Peter who cut off the high priest's servants ear, who get REBUKED). judaism on the other hand, IS incredibly violent (and indeed, you see jews kicking ass), as demonstrated by the genocides in judges and joshua and etc. so is islam (and indeed, you see muslims kicking ass).

as for the "sword" quote jesus said, im pretty sure thats referring to doing away with the old testemant. indeed he did wage war on the pharisees, but it was a peaceful war, one where he got killed as a result.

either way, its irrelevant, since 99% of christians have never even read the bible.

4. Smidlee

Smidlee Deity

I would say Osama bin Laden is closer to the acts of Muhammad than anyone else today especially those you quoted. So I fail to see how you are going to use the Koran to condemn his actions.

5. Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust New Englander

Yes, you would say that.
    Indeed, I believe you do.

6. HannibalBarka

HannibalBarka We are Free

I would say Jesus and his father are/is closer to the acts of Hitler than any one else. They were happy to commit genocide against innocent people, kill kids newly born, and wipe out almost all humanity under water. How can you worship such a family of murderers and claim you are following a religion of peace?

7. aronnax

aronnax Let your spirit be free

:D Ten Characters

8. BaneBlade

BaneBlade Prince

Religionofpeace is a biased webside with an agenda. Like all people and organisations. Luckily for them they don't have to lie to further their agenda, as long as there are multiple muslim terrorist attacks a day.
    And only 40% of british muslims want shariah. geeh, now i'm happy. We only have some 3-5% Nazi supporter in some small parts of the country. let's sit back and relax.
    As for the blabla of reformation, just look at islamic countries. Not one which comes even near to our perception of human rights and democracy. Or look how people who want reformation are treated by the majority.

As for your your ridiculous number-screwing, the koran is the word of god for most muslims, that's the reason why they constantly . .. .. .. .. . one against the other.
    The only thing they are sure of is that the small alevitian minority(which are largely peacefull and tolerant) are no muslims.
    IIRC the prophet mentioned on 3 or 4 occassions that dogs are filthy creatures that should largely be put down, that was enough to give them a stigma/bad name in the arab world until today.

9. BaneBlade

BaneBlade Prince

Stupid and unnecessary.
    For one, there's the new and old testament, and alll mainstream christians agree that the the new is our guide=Jesus rolemodel.
    As for your god comparison, yeah well, as soon as we get godhood i would expect a lot of floodbased christian terrror. :rolleyes: Ever seen a christian claim god as a rolemodel?

Muslim's claim Mohammed as a rolemodell= warfare, massacres, lying, suppression of women, suppression of unbelievers and . .. .. .. .ing 9 year old girls.

10. HannibalBarka

Well about the same percent of american are for torture, so yeah nothing to be paniking about, just relax buddy ;)

Are you talking about Islamic countries like Rwanda? Liberia? Haiti? Cuba or Belaruss? ;)

11. HannibalBarka

God the Son is your model? isn't he? And His Father is your Lord, isn't he?

That is maybe true, . .. .. .. .ing one 9 year old girl is wrong, killing entire cities, including all 9 years old girls, is sick, and that's what The Lord you worship did, many times :D

12. aronnax

I have to agree with you on this point, but we have to give them time to develope, just like the other Countries of Europe during the industrial and modern era. I believe the best form of adopted sharia law used in the goverment is in Malaysia where it only applies to Muslims are more reasonable. But it still has quite a long way to go before it is up to Uk or France. But until then stop thinking Islam is some violent religion. Those bombers? sure they are plenty of them but every religion at some point has their extremists. We have to wait till the next generation is all educated properly so as to stop this .

13. aronnax

Now your being unreasonable

Do you know Islam had actually elevated Woman's rights. See for yourself
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_and_Islam

Mohammed never massacred outside battle what a lie

There were Jews in Medina, none of them were forced to convert
    And he never did it with a 9 year old girl.

Man your such a bias piece of bodily waste, talking before thinking. You have constanly flame Islam. Did you see me taking much of a swing at Christianity?

14. Pannonius

Pannonius Reconquistador

Muslims also believe in Old Testament God! They believe Muhammad is the last of his prophets. So it looks that they also believe in this "genocidal monster", don't they?

15. aronnax

Tell me Pannonius. Tell me what actions of Genocide has the Prophet done?

16. BaneBlade

BaneBlade Prince

You can have a swing at christianity as much as you like, what do you think how often i laughed about good caricature about my countrymen or fellow christians?
    What i don't don't like are stupid, biased, PC lies with the intent to hide that there is a real problem with Islam, here, now, in our countrys.
    As for pederastie, when did Mohammed marry Aisha and when did they "execute" the marriage?

Elevated woman's right status? Compared to what? Anarchy and mass-raping?

He was referencing to the old testament, which is arguably part of islamic heritage, too.

And Aronnax, i don't want to say you are xenophobic, imperialistic ect.
    I have good friends who are alevitian muslims, but don't you see that we have a lot of problems with this extremists, and they are refering their actions at the Koran?

I'm talking from a european POV, and we have a lot of problems here.

17. HannibalBarka

Oh sure, that is why all this argument is "hypocrite" seen from an atheist point of view :lol: :lol: Seeing a Christian yelling at Muslims or a Muslim yelling at Christians "Your God is a bastard and a murderer, and your religion is no religion of peace while my God is all nice and peacefull " is hilarious since they share the same God

18. Pannonius

Pannonius Reconquistador

I was saying that Moslems, Christians and Jews believe in the same God, so no one can say "but christians believe in a genocidal maniac". Yes they do, as all abrahamic monotheistic religions.
    Moslems aded Koran, and christians added New Testament to this. But they all believe in that earlier stuff too.

19. El_Machinae

El_Machinae Colour vision since 2018 Retired Moderator

I can accept that. Unfortunately, after elevating women's rights, it then brought the process to screeching halt by adding unnecessary and harmful restrictions on womens' rights.

20. Squonk

Squonk Deity

What did he do with Banu Qurayza?
    Also, I recall a female poet killed with his blessing, and another reknown poet that was chased for writing bad about him and had to be write a praise of him to save his life. The poem's title is "burkah"

what was A'isha's age when they did it?