Isn't it about time to clear out the Civ5 forum?

Senethro

Overlord
When half of the Civ5Gen forum is rant about Steam or how Civ4 was the better game instead, isn't it about time to just clear them all out and manage the forum for the people who are actually playing the game? This isn't including the constructive criticism threads providing useful feedback for firaxis, its those people who post along the lines of "HURF BLURF I'VE PLAYED CIVILIZAITON SERIES FOR 30 YEARS AND CIV5 IS A HOLOCAUST".

Even just merging duplicate threads would be much tidier.

I don't think you want to end up like the Tribes or Fallout community websites which became entirely based on hating new entries in their franchises.

People who don't like the game have just as much right to state their opinion as people who like the game. Of course, we expect members to expand on their opinions and not just say "this game sucks" or "this game is great."

If you see a post or thread that you think is out of hand or a thread that is clearly making the same point as another thread two threads down on the main page, please report it. While there are a lot of mods in that forum, we still can't possibly read every post or every thread so help from the members is always appreciated. :)

IIRC, this has happened every new civ game thus far.

IIRC, Civ4's launch was much more well-received than this.

No it wasn't, although people were complaining about bugs rather than design. Still, I support the OP on this, let people complain, but if they just want to rant on "why UPT is worse than genocide" let them all do it in one thread so I can see posts that actually say something.

IIRC, Civ4's launch was much more well-received than this.

Those of us who had to moderate endless threads of vitriol and whining about Civ IV laugh hollowly at this.

Yeah, this is why I still post in the civ3 forums.

As someone who dislikes Civ3, or as someone who dislikes its successors?

It's pointless to try to ban threads on discussion of the game when the average "complete newbie thread" is still around. The 50 threads of "how do I build city" equivalent subjects still take up more space - condensing those into one general "Frequently Asked Questions for new players" would be a better start.

When half of the Civ5Gen forum is rant about Steam or how Civ4 was the better game instead, isn't it about time to just clear them all out and manage the forum for the people who are actually playing the game? This isn't including the constructive criticism threads providing useful feedback for firaxis, its those people who post along the lines of "HURF BLURF I'VE PLAYED CIVILIZAITON SERIES FOR 30 YEARS AND CIV5 IS A HOLOCAUST".

I don't think you want to end up like the Tribes or Fallout community websites which became entirely based on hating new entries in their franchises.

Agree 100%...

How about we open a whole new sub forum dedicated to bashing Civ V? It would really get this whole place organized, and then we won't have to plow through loads of complaining to get to a good topic.

As always, if you see a post/thread that you feel violates the forum rules, report it and we'll handle it. Creating another thread/post in a different forum isn't really the way to handle it.

And if you've already reported it, and there's been no apparent reaction, then you can assume that the moderators have decided that the thread is within the forum rules.

My advice would be to just stick to S&T for the moment.

:rolleyes: Lets get them removed from position of responsibility first..we can schedule the lynching later.

Top Bottom