JFC1: Spacecakes

It just seems counterproductive. We've already pillaged the place so taking it is a wreck to the economy. Then capitulating Monte will further that drain and we are already down to 60% research.

I'm trying to contact Indibil. If you read this, please post.

Hmm, "Last Activity: Oct 27, 2007 12:14 PM" for Indibil. Why don't we move on. Roster:
Indibil (skipped)
Sweetacshon - 10/24/24
LtCowprod - on deck for 10/24/24
Indibil - on double deck

Hmm... :) Indibil or Sweetacshon, are either of you still out there?

hey guys I've got a couple weeks free until thanksgiving so I started up another RFC SG as the Turks. Maybe its a bad omen to ask Indibil and Sweetacshon :lol: but if any of you want to join..... here it is.

Oops, sorry... yep, I'm here, and can play tomorrow.

note - photobucket is down, so this may not make sense :crazyeye:

the save

Nope, the 3 impis suicide on our xbow, which gets a black eye, but is otherwise ok.

Ahh, the perils of the RFC noob. Darius wants us to declare on Arabia, and while he's a lonely muslim, the locas are just too chummy.
Spoiler :

Another big decision on turn 1! In the end, it just doesn't fit well, so it is declined.

Plague hits the Aztecs. We've had no concensus on them... what to do?
Spoiler :

Probably the worst of both worlds. Actually, it wasn't until later that I saw the deer, which would've made Mexico City stronger. AP vote for stopping Greek war, I vote yes for diplo.
Spoiler :

Oh, Izzy!
Spoiler :

OK, just because she's in that dangerous spot for us. Anyway, AP should halt the war, right?
Spoiler :

:cry:

Various declarations against the Arabs

Mali offers banking + 40g. It's not good for diplo, and only 2 turns anyway. The downside is that it's being traded around anyway, and our chances for the free GM are lower. A greek GG elephant comes waltzing through and suicides on a pike.
Spoiler :

argh... Greece bribes the turks into the war, and a stack turns up. Damn that pretty spanish smile! The settling party sets off on its long voyage.
Spoiler :

Hit the stack with a cat, and upgraded the other to cannon with the gunpowder we got from France with education. We can burn the GE for ~1100/1700 of economics, so about 5 turns of research then a bulb should do it.
Spoiler :

The greek army pillages the pigs, so I throw the cannon at it (survives), and the maces follow up, leaving 2 trebs, and an injured mace and elephant. This spawns a GG, which is up in Ikea :rolleyes:

The rest of the greek stack is eliminated, with no losses. The Independants are in a GA, so that should be fun :lol:

We can get peace with greece for cash and whatnot. The GE bulb for economics can be done next turn iirc. After that, we should be able to pick up astro without a hassle. Joao has been offering it for a while, but at too high a price. We'll probably be able to get nationalism and a bit of cash as well, and then we'll be primed for a civic change, colonial expansion, and cottaging of Holland (I think ir this being the plan). 2 settlers/2miss/worker are heading toward indonesia/aust, but it is sooo slow. I wonder about putting settlers onto caravels and letting the others follow. Meanwhile, many others are using our "panama canal" to sneak thru america :( We're going ok, but Rome owns the med and continue to expand.

War with Greece? I thought that was over 200 years ago but anyway... Was the elephant a GG or was it the mercernary they sent before? I bet they've been paying for that guy to hang out in Germany forever... lol

I can play later tonight or in the morning.

Its the same one! It showed up waaaaay too quick for them have just bought it too, so they've been paying for that sucker for the past 200 years... :lol: No one said the AI was smart though.

:lol: Yep, the same elephant... but you can't tell me you'd findit easy to disband a lvl7 elephant? ;)

Ok started playing and realized we have some great people so its consensus time...

We have a scientist who can bulb Printing Press which still seems useless for us and we can trade for it that anyway. Not sure what tech comes next. There's always the Academy which would be nice in Amsterdam since its hitting around 40 beakers at 60%.

We've got an engineer as well that can bulb Economics to within 1 or 2 turns. Seems like a good option and there's nothing to build, yet... but Globe theater will be available before long.

Or we can get a Golden Age.

My votes for Academy + Economics. Considering with mexico out of revolt we're now at -30gpt @ 60%.

On another note... our trade options for Astronomy are Banking+Education with Persia, or Education+35gold to Mali. Even though its more expensive it's probably safer with Persia who knows few people from europe. Joao is just crazy wants like 5 techs even tho is soooo far behind.

Academy - I think for sure we want one in Amsterdam, so yeah.
Econ - crazy use of a GE, but fast is always good. (My second choice would probably be to save for the Channel Tunnel, but that's a while to wait.)
Persia - OK.
MM note - there may be a sweet spot one turn after anarchy where finishing the courthouse in Africa will get us the courthouse stability boost (which you only get if stability < stable).

Academy - I think for sure we want one in Amsterdam, so yeah.
Econ - crazy use of a GE, but fast is always good. (My second choice would probably be to save for the Channel Tunnel, but that's a while to wait.)
Persia - OK.
MM note - there may be a sweet spot one turn after anarchy where finishing the courthouse in Africa will get us the courthouse stability boost (which you only get if stability < stable).

Yep, I agree with academy, and the GE would transmute into a GM with eco, which is amusing enough in itself :lol:

I also agree with trading for astro, and trying to grab any cash we can if anybody has some... cash may well become an issue while we expand, especially with 2 settlers on their way south. Speaking of which, if we get astro, we should upgrade those galleys. I wonder if it is quicker to go home again or continue to SAfrica and upgrade there?

1490 (IHT):

Micromanaged some stuff and pressed enter.

1495:

Great Engineer -> Bulb Economics

Amsterdam: GS-> Academy

Education + Bank = Astronomy (Persia)

Upgrade Galley in Africa

1500:

Economics in, revolt to Resettlement + Free Market. Skipped Bureaucracy since we're past the 6 city limit for stability and it would make it 2 turns... so if we want it we can combine it with something else.

Sent the free merchant to Luxemberg and settled it. Figured since trade missions suck, it wanted to bulb PP, Lux needed food, and we needed money ... I figured it was best. I set research to Chemistry so keeping it for a corp seemed pointless too. In retrospect S'grav would have been better longterm but as you'll see later it ends up not mattering. Now for MY trade mission ... Panhandling.

Peter: 30g, Ragnar: 80g, Greece: 160g+2gpt (for peace), Carthage: 90g, Spaine: 100g, Mali: 80g ... 540 Gold, Cha-Ching!

Louis was stingy... 260g and not a penny to share.

Oh and Joao ... I sold him Lit for 40gold. What?! Geez, give me a break! He's so far behind I felt bad for him. Charity works both ways ya know.

1505:

Hannibal asked to war with Ethiopia - decline

1510:

Ikea: East Indiaman -> Market
Winburg: Worker -> Bank
Transfer settler party to African galley. African explorer boards the caravel and heads off to Australia.
Send GG to Luxemberg and settle it.

1520:

Congress of Chimpanzees assembles...

We won a new city!!!! Yay!

Spoiler :
Nevermind... we weren't even invited.

Oh Deutschbagland are you kidding? Don't you remember those trebuchets I seen you move to Hamburg a few years ago? Yea thats right. I moved troops to Amsterdam in case of something like this.... (at war with Germany, and Greece... Again :lol:)

Accuracy Cannon moves in and drops the walls, CR2 Cannon attacks and withdraws, 4 Maces and no casualties later....

Hamburg is Gone! G-O-N-E. Gone!

1525:

Got attacked by a Maceman and won. Reform the stack.

Nothing else important but probably built some stuff I didn't write down. :)

1530:

Luxemberg: Cannon -> Musketman

Move on Berlin, but couldn't send the new cannon+musket due to a wandering knight.

1535:

Start the bombardment. Knight still wanders.

1540:

Get attacked by a Catapult and two Knights, we lose our pikeman. A small Greek stack shows up and I decide to halt the bombardment since S'Grav is weak. Quickest route is via boat so the units move into the forest. Unfortunately we have 6 weakened units and a 5 cargo boat.... somebody will have to take one for the team.

Our navy...

I have a few boats on Goto orders. A caravel+explorer combo headed towards Australia to pop huts, and I believe a caravel headed towards Brazil to pick up the explorer there, if not someone should do that. There is a barb party waiting along the northern pass to the Incas so we can't explore any farther in S.America. The explorer in N.America is about done as well and can hop on a caravel after one of them unloads. The last caravel is in the artic north of Russia. Our original settler party galleys were headed back to the english channel for upgrades they've either already arrived or will next
turn.

And the settler party is waiting off of the southwest coast of Australia. It still has a couple movement points since I wasn't sure where we were settling. Sydney has Uranium that's all I can remember about kangaroo country.

There's another GG as well... this time it popped up in Winburg.

Attachments

• Willem van Spacecakes AD-1540 Turn 259.CivBeyondSwordSave
    968.8 KB · Views: 55
Germany!! Oh well. Do you think we can take Berlin and keep it, stabilitywise? I'll leave the settlement of Aus to the non-noobs (even tho I'm Aussie ;))

We're at solid now (or were its feel back to stable since the war), and settling australia will add +8... its probably wouldn't hurt. It'd be nice to see them collapse either way though. Greece too.... I'm tired of their elephants.

Sweetacshon said:
I'll leave the settlement of Aus to the non-noobs (even tho I'm Aussie )
Please don't! :) After all, there are only 3 or 4 of us. If you're worried about :smoke:, it's our middle name. (Well, our last name.)

Got it. (Unless you're out there, Indibil - please post if you are!)

I'll be happy to take and hold Berlin if I can. On the other hand it would fun to raze it in the name of good dotmapping. ;) Not sure which I'd choose, but if you object to the raze please say so. :)

Inevitably, we or someone is going to get Tikal. Shall I capture it this turnset? If so, perhaps a raze and rebuild on the Dye to get the Crabs might be in order, and not a bad move under Resettlement...

I haven't settled Australia before. Doodled up a quickie (just speculating). How does A grab you to start (it's hiding behind the Iron)? Pretty good production and ensures we get Gems and Aluminum. You can't see it in this shot, but there's a river bordering the A tile and the Iron and Gems.

I also noticed the Angles have a Combat IV / Commando Knight up for hire at 129 + 10 GPT. It would be a little whimsical, but we could use him for pillaging German strategics and let him get killed off. There's also a Crossbowman who is cheap (29 + 2 GPT) and would make a good suicide unit.

We should probably keep Berlin just to help stabilize the .au colonies. It'll take a while to get that 9 pop back to work all those tiles, but Then again once Germany's gone we really have nothing to worry about since Russia will NOT expand into that buffer zone. Those greco-roman chimps however... that may be a different story. Either way though it should be enough to collapse Germany which makes me :lol: .

I like Tikal too. Mainly since it's already developed and can pay for itself. But capturing two cities at once and settling two more may be a bit much so maybe resettle it later? I think our main stability problem at the moment is probably going to be the economy.

Top Bottom