[LP] Julius Caesar: First Look

His hands are enormous compared to his head
His hands are large, which isn't unusual for the styles employed in Civ VI.

BUT THE FINGERS :cry:

It's especially bad with the gestures they show in the trailer. They're far too long for how thick they are, especially his index fingers.

The part mentioning the Wildcard has been officially deleted on the civ website. Guess they decided to remove it after all.
There's a very small possibility that it's a part of one of the other three's LUAs (Sultan Saladin maybe?), and they wrote it into Julius' website description by mistake. It is a neat ability, I would hate for it to be gone entirely and not incorporated into someone else's kit down the track

Some of the models I've been seeing for the new leaders look pretty good but I'm not sure what to make of Caesar: his hands are grotesquely gigantic, they're bigger than his head! It's like he was designed by Rob Liefeld...
He needs the huge hands to hold barbarians upside down by the legs and shake out all their spare change.

Ohh wow I just saw Julius and what great design! He looks like the Emperor from Gladiator movie.

That really sucks that they got rid of the WC. I mean, his LUA is he gets gold, but it's pretty inferior to Trajan's free monument. That free gold is going to disappear pretty quickly getting monuments set up (just in settled cities), and later on it's going to be pretty insignificant. Even the 500g... it's a nice boost, but since it's not going to make s massive difference to my economy, it's not going to persuade me to persuade me to take a city which I wasn't going to take anyway, which is what a good bonus does - persuades you to behave differently in order to earn them. Unfortunately, he'll be a nice leader for the early game...then your abilities die out. A WC slot at least gives a real nice reward for acting aggressively, and the gold just becomes a nice top up to your treasury.

Perhaps like that comment about 19 leaders, the "leak", etc, it is in the game and they're just messing with us, it's another sweet bonus? One can hope. Otherwise, he'll be another guy I meet as I explore the world.

yeah if they keep the wildcard slot out of the ability im definitely not playing this guy til it gets modded back in. he looks fine without it, but not fun enough to bother rushing to play imho. much more excited for mbande for now

Settlers for expansion are a lot better than starting wars but as long as you keep your defenses up from more warmongering players or AI.

I finally put my finger on what I dislike about his model. His face looks great. His body looks stolen from Gilgabro (and he might be using Gilgabro's idles? hard to tell). They don't match.

It's so strange, Trajan looks a lot like Julius Caesar, and this Julius Caesar looks a lot like Trajan. It's like they flipped the models.

Yeah, some of us thought that Trajan's introduction to the franchise was cheapened by his model looking far more like Caesar than he. And while JC's model does look a bit more how Trajan probably should, he's still not that either. Weird weird choices.

There's no denying that he's crazy OP, though. The one game I played with him, I was making thousands of gold in the Middle Ages. His potential income level makes Mali look embarrassingly impoverished by contrast. Have to disagree with @TheMarshmallowBear about Babylon, though. Babylon's problem isn't being OP; Babylon's problem is being devoid of anything resembling flavor. Also, Babylon is only potentially OP if you play its gimmick just right.

He'd mess up the eras by driving them way too fast as well? I wouldn't know - to prevent it happening I've disabled him :D

Does anyone know how to check if your 2K account is linked into Civ6? When I try to ingame it says my game is linked to another account?

Last edited:
I think Firaxis' design filosofy now is to give more compact abilities that arent a wall of text (like Workshop of the world, hard to remember).

I really like the playstyle for Julius, and remember that after researching steel you get 500g from capturing cities and clearing barb campa. Definately going to start another rampage then!

I get the disappointment of the wildcard component not coming, but two thoughts:

1. It might still be in the database so it could be restored by a modder easily. Even if not, the ability is pretty straightforward to make with scripting

2. I take its removal as a good sign that the designers are cognizant of not having the abilities of this pass approach the excesses of the April 2021 patch, which was greatly overtuned

An additional thought: I appreciate getting Caesar but his model is not as appealing as those of the Great Negotiators pass. He looks silly to me.

I get the disappointment of the wildcard component not coming, but two thoughts:

1. It might still be in the database so it could be restored by a modder easily. Even if not, the ability is pretty straightforward to make with scripting

2. I take its removal as a good sign that the designers are cognizant of not having the abilities of this pass approach the excesses of the April 2021 patch, which was greatly

I think sometimes people confuse a boring ability with a bad one. Extra gold from barb camps is subtlety powerful, even more so in barb clan mode where you don't get gold from clearing them

I think sometimes people confuse a boring ability with a bad one. Extra gold from barb camps is subtlety powerful, even more so in barb clan mode where you don't get gold from clearing them
I don't even think it's boring. Since when is buying more stuff ever boring?

His hands are large, which isn't unusual for the styles employed in Civ VI.

BUT THE FINGERS :cry:

It's especially bad with the gestures they show in the trailer. They're far too long for how thick they are, especially his index fingers.
I have the same impression, Julius Cesar it's soo big and strong in this game. He look like this dudes who stay all day in the gym

I have the same impression, Julius Cesar it's soo big and strong in this game. He look like this dudes who stay all day in the gym
Good. Gilgabro needs a fellow gym bro to lift with.

Top Bottom