does massive damage but can only fire once every 2turns, cannot fire on same turn it moved, or the turn after it moved <-- must set up a whole turn before firing. can only shoot once every two turns as in can't set up, and just shoot every turn after. takes a whole turn to "set up" like in real life, snipers set up, wait, pick good place and time etc. move on turn, set up next, attack on 3rd. snipers do not shoot fast. will actually require PLANNING. something the AI programming might have problem with has 3range and if on hill/city has 4range. snipers tend to shoot long range, don't let FPS games fool you. can only have set # of them like 1 sniper for every 5 land unit? because no army is made out of only snipers. 50/25/25 chance to instant kill the opponent <-- opponent must be ground unit but not armored, tank, heli 50% chance to instant kill if instant kill, the sniper remains in FoW 25% chance to do no damage if missed, ONLY the tile the sniper is on is revealed until the sniper moves 2tiles away from it. 25% chance to only do partial damage <-- cannot trigger if the target is already below 5hp. if partial hit, the sniper is only revealed for the next turn. to make it less OP, have to pick which target the sniper WILL shoot. pick the target unit on the turn the sniper "sets up" if the target unit moves out of the 3/4 range then the sniper can move 4tiles that turn. the sniper normally has 3movement speed. sniper ignores terrain modifier and cannot fortify. can get a promotion that allows use of enemy roads as friendly. promotion be fairly early like level 3-5. cannot be seen if no enemy units within 2tiles of it. <-- anti-planes. snipers are like worker/great people. if attacked. dead. snipers can only defend themselves if already "set up", if just on "move" it'll instantly die upon being attacked and the attacker does not take damage but does gain xp. so there is a reason to make a ranged unit not just to set them in city <-- excluding siege/air/water units when dubbed "ranged" it wont be overpowered cuz it takes turns before the sniper actually fires.