Kanye West - Musician or Manbearpig?

to be honest, kanye has good songs.

I saw him live, so I feel qualified to claim that he does not have good songs.

He's made a mess of stuff that matters way more than anything MTV related:

I don't have the attention span to watch youtube videos longer than 40 seconds or so.

Obama has called Kanye West a 'Jackass'.
He said it to some journalists 'off the record' but an employee of ABC put it on twitter.

After Wilson's outburst, doesn't everyone else hate all white people now too?

It's just me?!

:mischief:

I'm completely serious so many white people down here just completely went from being non-racists to racists overnight. My mom has never used the N word until the VMAs.

Sounds like they were just waiting for an excuse.

After Wilson's outburst, doesn't everyone else hate all white people now too?

It's just me?!

:mischief:

Dang it.....I didnt see that bottle of Cognac that Wilson was swigging from just before he made that comment. Got any pics of that? ;)

Whew, that's a relief. I thought I was being irrational or racist or something.

I like Kate Perry's take:

"F--- you, Kanye, it's like you stepped on a kitten."

Though Kanye is pretty good at being an attention whore.

The MTV awards have staged hoaxes in the past, right? The one with Borat sitting on Eminem or something like that? So setting aside the fact that Kanye West is a self-absorbed jackass, what are the odds of this being more of the same?

I saw him live, so I feel qualified to claim that he does not have good songs.

I don't have the attention span to watch youtube videos longer than 40 seconds or so.
It's from when he went on an insane rant about Hurricane Katrina, when the dumbarse was supposed to be raising money for victims. He said "George Bush doesn't care about Black people," which is likely true - I doubt George cares about anyone that isn't rich - but it was hardly the time or place for such an idiotic statement.

The MTV awards have staged hoaxes in the past, right? The one with Borat sitting on Eminem or something like that? So setting aside the fact that Kanye West is a self-absorbed jackass, what are the odds of this being more of the same?

MTV did threw him out (I guess they wouldn't do that if it was a hoax) and if it was a hoax after all then they should have included Taylor Swift in it.

Number of threads on CFC OT page 1 with "Kanye West" in title: 2
Number of threads on CFC OT page 1 with "Taylor Swift" in title: 0

I'd say Kanye has achieved what he wanted.

On the one hand this does make Kanye West a jackass...

But on the other hand Taylor Swift is just another annoying teen girl phenomenon who probably deserves to get smacked down anyway. All in all Kanye didn't do it right, jumping up and ranting just makes him look like a jackass and Taylor Swift look like a victim. I much prefer Eminem's style of lyrically smashing crappy pop singers, to getting on stage and raving at them like this.

Top Bottom